Confucius Say by PamPongChamp
Summary:

Another themed party at Dunder-Mifflin.

Improvfic given to me by Joscilicous at TWoP.  Takes place post-back from vacation. 


Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Ensemble, Pam
Genres: Oneshot, Workdays
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 669 Read: 1782 Published: April 07, 2007 Updated: April 07, 2007
Story Notes:

I wrote this in my car on scrap paper when it died in a parking lot yesterday...so that's fun.

Disclaimer: I own nothing 

1. Fortune by PamPongChamp

Fortune by PamPongChamp

"Please get your bare feet off of my desk," Stanley growled, never looking up from his crossword.

 

"Just deal.  They're clean." Michael mumbled before raising his arms in a grand gesture and shouting, "Konichiwa Dunder-Mifflinites!"

 

"I believe that would be Japanese Michael." Jim corrected

 

"Same difference." He muttered, stepping off the desk.

 

It was Chinese New Year, (almost three weeks ago) so Michael of course felt the need to throw an offensively stereotypical office party.

 

Pam watched from reception as Michael sashayed around the office in red silk pajamas.  Jim and Karen were standing by his desk, whispering and giggling over their red and gold plastic cups.  His laugh wasn't as cute when he was laughing with her.

 

She stood carefully on the ledge of the reception counter, careful not to knock over her jellybeans that we going stale from a recent lack in interest.  She was holding a large yellow paper lantern she'd been instructed to hang around the office.  She shakily stood on her tiptoes and lifted a flimsy ceiling tile.

 

"Whoa, careful Beesly," Jim warned.  Pam smiled and lifted her arms to secure the cheesy decorations in place.  Though she kept her focus on the ceiling, she secretly hoped Jim noticed the way her new blouse was riding up, showing just a half-inch of skin.

 

"Ok, announcement," Dwight began from the conference room door, "I will be giving a demonstration of Chinese martial arts in two minutes."  With that he dramatically turned swinging his nun chucks.

 

"We can't miss this," Jim said grabbing Karen's hand and sprinting toward the conference room.  Pam took a long sip of her "mandarin" orange soda that she was desperately wishing was spiked about now. 

 

Later, Pam was alone in the break room, refilling the punch bowl.  Suddenly Ryan came bursting through the door, Michael right on his tail.

 

"Lion! Come on!" Michael called

 

"Please stop calling me lion," Ryan pleaded, ducking behind the fridge.

 

Michael turned to the camera, "lion is Chinese for Ryan.  You know flied lice?" he cracked up at his own tired joke as Ryan tried to make a break for it.

 

Pam then noticed that Michael had drawn a ridiculously large moustache on himself, like the emperor in Mulan.  He now had Ryan backed against the fridge and was hovering a permanent marker over Ryan's terrified face.  "Come on, be a team player!" he begged.

 

Michael lunged forward and Ryan ducked while the fridge gained a huge black line across the door.  Pam tried her hardest not to laugh, it would only encourage him.  Michael capped the marker and turned to the camera coolly, "That will come right off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  No biggie."

 

Pam slipped out of the break room only to run into Jim and Karen.

 

"Oh hey," she smiled awkwardly, "this is interesting...have you seen Michael's face?"

 

They looked at her, the same stupid smiles on their faces.  Pam tried not to literally sigh with relief when Phyllis arrived with a basket of fortune cookies.  She'd secretly bought them despite Angela's protests that she didn't approve of the paranormal.

 

Pam and Karen each grabbed one and cracked them open at the same time.  "You will order more orange-flavored chicken." Karen read disappointed, "Creative." She said taking a bite of her cookie. "What does yours say Pam?"

 

"Oh, same thing." She lied, putting the paper in the pocket of her cardigan.

 

At around five, Pam was re-labeling manila folders just for the sake of wasting time.  Jim got up to get his coat, she glanced at the fortune that was now neatly taped to her desk.

 

Love is for the lucky and the brave

 

She opened her mouth to tell him goodbye when Karen appeared behind him.

 

Pam went back to her labels.  Maybe tomorrow, she thought.

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1590