Jackpot by xoxoxo
Summary:

Jim, Pam and a weekend in New York - set in the fluffy future.  Not a spoiler in sight.


Categories: Jim and Pam, Future Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff, Romance, Steamy, Travel, Weekend, Wet Pam/Jim, Workdays
Warnings: Moderate sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 4947 Read: 15322 Published: April 28, 2007 Updated: April 29, 2007
Story Notes:

Jim, Pam and a weekend in New York - set in the fluffy future.  Not a spoiler in sight. Will consist of 3 chapters when all is said and done.

1. Saturday in the Park with Jim by xoxoxo

2. All that glitters... by xoxoxo

3. All in :) by xoxoxo

Saturday in the Park with Jim by xoxoxo
Author's Notes:

Dreams are crazy things and one I had inspired this fic.  Proof that if TPTB are intent on keeping Jim & Pam apart - I'm intent on bringing them together.

Even when I'm seemingly unconscious. ;)

Kisses to those who indulge me on a daily basis.  You know who you are. ;)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

It wasn't supposed to happen this way.   He'd had bigger plans, better plans, something a little more thought out. Although now in hindsight it seemed fitting. 

The first time he'd told her he loved her hadn't really been planned either. 

At least this time he’d been met with better results.

xoxoxo

It's a dreary Friday, the end of a particularly dull week when Jim finds Pam in the kitchen. 

 

"Hey."  He smiles as he grabs his lunch and takes a seat next to her.  "What do you say we get out of here?"

Pam pauses, a spoonful of yogurt halfway to her lips.  "Don't tease me like that."

 

He laughs at the look on her face.  "Unfortunately I don't mean right this second - but how about  this weekend?"

"Considering it's Friday that's pretty short notice."  She contemplates, wondering what exactly he has in mind.  "Where would we go?"

 

Jim shrugs.  "Well I just checked and I've got enough points to spring for a room in the city.  Isn't there that exhibit you want to see?"

 

She blinks back at him.  "You really want to see that?"

"You really want to see it."  Jim counters giving her a shrug.  "Good enough for me."

There's an amazing exhibit at the Guggenheim she has been dying to go to.  She can't believe he even remembers her mentioning it, but then she realizes it's Jim.  Of course he remembers.

 

Still she's a bit skeptical.  "Are you sure?   Jim.  You'll probably be really bored." 

 

He thinks she's insane.  As if that's even remotely possible.  Bored is the last thing he ever could be when she is anywhere near him. 

"So?  I'll bring a book."

 

"Isn't there something else you'd like to do instead?"

 

Jim is constantly amazed that she just doesn't seem to get it.  "Why is this so hard for you to understand?  I'd like to spend the weekend with you in New York.  If we can do that and you get to see something you've been dying to see that's a bonus as far as I'm concerned."

 

"You're right.  I'm sorry."  She says softly, hanging her head.

The fact that she feels the need to apologize irks him even more.  "There's nothing to be sorry for.  Just say, 'Yes Jim.  That's a great idea.'"

"Yes Jim."  Pam's eyes sparkle as she reaches out and takes his hand in hers.  "That's a great idea."

 

xoxoxo

"So what's this?"  Jim asks as he stands beside her, staring intently at the painting before them.  "It looks like a bunch of little dots."

 

"It is a bunch of little dots.”  She elbows him in the ribs gently.  “The style is neo-impressionism."

 

Jim squints as he takes a step closer to the canvas.  "This had to take a long time to paint."

"Some works took almost two years."  Pam replies, her face lighting up.  "Seurat thought that painting this way was similar to the way composers write music."

"Fascinating."  Jim turns to face her, grinning madly.

 

"You're not even looking at it anymore."  Pam scolds.

 

"I know.  I meant you."  He smiles down at her, releasing her hand and curling an arm around her waist.  He leans close to whisper in her ear.  "I love it when you talk art.  It's incredibly sexy."

 

She blushes as she buries her face in his shoulder.  "You think that's sexy - wait till I tell you about Cubism."

He steps back, seemingly horrified.  "Pam.  We're in public.  Control yourself please."

"This was really great."  She smiles and grabs the lapels of his jacket, pulling him back to her.   "Thank you for bringing me here."

 

"You're welcome."  He replies as he brushes his lips across hers.   "Hungry yet?"

She crinkles her nose at him.  "Kinda starving, actually."

"What'll it be?"  He asks as he takes her hand again.  They make their way back to the entrance of the museum.

Pam shakes her head.  "I don't care.  It's your turn to choose."   

He squints against the bright sunlight as they step out onto the sidewalk.  "We're close to the park.  We could get some sandwiches or something…?"

So perfect, she thinks as she smiles and nods.  "Sounds great."

xoxoxo

 

After lunch they find a shady spot under a tree.  Jim rests his back against it, Pam takes his discarded jacket and fashions a pillow in his lap, stretching out beside him.  His fingers comb through her curls, over and over, making her sleepy.  

"I think I could live here."  She says with a sigh. 

"In the park?"

"Yeah."  She laughs.  "Except there's that pesky problem of the weather."

 

"And the squirrels."  Jim comments as he spies one trying to steal the remnants of their lunch.

 

Pam nods.  "You're right - they are pretty territorial."

 

"So.  A two-bedroom perhaps?"

"I don't know.  I kind of like those brownstones…"

 

"Question.  Did we just win the lottery?"

"No, Dwight.  Not yet."  Pam rolls her eyes.  "But maybe someday we will."

 

Jim laughs.  "Then a brownstone it is.  With a studio so you can paint."

 

Her heart skips a beat.   "And a game room so you can stay busy while I do."

"And a bowling alley in the basement."

 

Pam giggles and shifts to turn over on her stomach.  "Oh yeah.  The neighbors would love that."

 

Jim gives her a look.  "What neighbors?  We've just won the lottery.  We'll buy the buildings next door too."

She rests her chin in her hand as she smiles up at him.  "You're a genius Jim Halpert - you know that?"

 

"I'm well aware."   He replies, looking smug.

 

"And so modest too."

He searches her face and doesn't give himself time to think before he hears himself say, "I have another question for you."

 

"Shoot."  She tilts her head and looks at him thoughtfully.

 

"Marry me."

 

She blinks at him in surprise.  She can't tell if he's serious or not.   She sucks in a breath before she replies.   "That's not really a question."

His eyes are steady on hers as he swallows and speaks in a whisper.  "OK.  Then let me try that again.  Will you marry me?"

 

"Really?"

"Yeah."  He nods. 

 

"Why?"

He looks at her as if to say "Are you really asking me that?"   "Because.  My mother always said that I should marry someone who thinks I'm a genius."

Her eyes and her voice beg him to be serious.  "Jim."

"Pam…c'mon."  He runs a hand across her cheek, his thumb brushing over her bottom lip.  "Why not?"

 

It's that simple, because for the life of her she can't think of a single reason why she shouldn't.   He loves her completely and she knows it.  Not to mention that the feeling is entirely mutual.   She knows now there's no one in the world who makes her feel the way he does.  

 

"You're right."  She sits up and covers his hand with her own.  "Why not?"

His face breaks out in a spectacular grin.  "Is that a yes?" 

 

"Yeah."  She nods as she leans towards him and presses her mouth to his.  "That's a yes."

End Notes:

Seurat - The Guggenheim - Central Park - Brownstone

All that glitters... by xoxoxo
Author's Notes:

It's a rare thing for me to have nearly everything typed up at once so enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Gosh.  Is Jim adorable or what?

One more chapter to go...and the next one's steamy.

Literally. ;)

 

They find themselves browsing in a store that can arguably be called legendary. He hadn't planned to propose and subsequently hadn't planned to buy a ring either.  

They're both quite sure the prices here are way beyond their means. 
 

Still, there's no harm in window-shopping. 

xoxoxo

  

Permanent grins are plastered to both their faces as they make their way through the maze of glass cases.

 

"My mom once told me they used to tap the counter with their pens when someone needed service."  Pam whispers as she gives Jim's hand a squeeze. 

 

"How did that work?"

 

She shrugs.  "I don't know.  I just always had this vision of a woman in a suit, dripping in silver, tapping her pen on the glass."

 

"Let's go see."

 

"No.  Jim."  She digs in her heels as he tries to lead her to the counter.

 

"C'mon.  What could it hurt?"

 

"I really don’t need a ring from Tiffany's."

 

"So?  Doesn't mean you can't try one on."  He says as he manages to drag her to the counter.  A woman wearing her hair in a swingy gray bob, dressed in a Chanel-style suit flashes a brilliant smile their way. 

 

"Hey.  How are you today…"  Jim peers at her silver plated name badge.  "…Gloria?  I'm Jim.  This is Pam and we are here to look at engagement rings."

 

"Jim."  Pam says wearily.

 

"Of course."  Gloria replies with a grin.  "Newly engaged are we?"

 

"Yes we are as a matter of fact.  It's been..."  Jim glances at his watch.   "Thirty-five minutes exactly."

 

"Well, congratulations."

 

"Thank you."  Pam blushes as she presses her face into Jim's shoulder.

 

"You're quite welcome.  Now what type of ring do you have in mind?"

 

"I have no idea."  Pam looks down in the case, stunned by the brilliant stones winking back at her.  "My old ring…"

 

"Oh?"  Gloria arches her brow.  "You've had a ring before?  So is the second time the charm?"

"The first two didn't count."  Jim and Pam reply in unison and then break into laughter. 

 

Pam finally finds her voice again.  "This is really the only one that matters."  She says softly as she stares up at Jim.

 

"Good answer, honey."  Gloria winks.  "Well let's start with this."  Her set of keys jingle as she opens the case, lifting a velvet tray to rest on the counter.  "This is from the Legacy Collection.  It's a cushion-cut center stone surrounded by bead-set diamonds.  It's meant to be Edwardian inspired."  

 

"Oh my.  It's so different."  Pam's voice is choked with tears as she gazes at the ring.  "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

 

Gloria hands the ring to Jim.  "Go on sweetie.  This is your job."

 

Jim stands there, his mind racing, wondering how the hell he's going to be able to afford this ring.  Because he knows now there is no way in hell he's going to be able to walk out of here without buying it for her.  He lifts Pam's trembling hand in his own as he slips the ring on her finger. 

 

And of course, it fits perfectly.

 

Pam stares at her left hand dumbfounded as she grapples for Jim's hand with her right.  She latches on and holds tight.  "It's so beautiful.  I've never seen anything like it."

 

"Um…how…"  Jim clears his throat and looks at Gloria nervously.   "H-how much does that  one go for?"

 

She smiles back at him sympathetically.  "Legacy pricing starts at $4,040.  That's for less than a carat."

 

Jim knows that means something, but he's not entirely sure what.  "You need to buy at least a carat right?"

 

"Well…"  She replies, her eyes twinkling like the stones in the ring.   "Not necessarily."

 

"We're just looking.  We're not buying a ring."  Pam says softly, her eyes still glued to the gem on her finger.

 

Jim squeezes her hand in his.  "Beesly.  Behave.  You're insulting our good friend Gloria here."

 

Pam shakes her head vehemently.  "We can't afford to buy a ring from you.  I'm so sorry we wasted your time.  I told him this was a bad idea."

 

"Don't be silly - honey.  I've got nothing but time.  Most people come in here to just look anyway."

 

"So.  If the prices start at about four thousand - how much is the one Pam's wearing?"

 

Gloria smiles.  She'd picked this ring very carefully, anticipating Jim's question before she'd even pulled it from the case.  She hopes her instincts are right as she replies. "That one in particular is around $5,095.   It’s set in white gold instead of platinum.”  She leans forward and whispers.  “No one will ever know.”

 

"OK."  Jim nods solemnly.  "Give me a second."   He brings Pam's hand to his lips and kisses it quickly.  "I'll be right back."

 

"Wait."  She tugs him back to her.  "Where are you going?"

 

He drops her hand and takes a step towards the door.  "I need to make a call."

 

Pam stares at him in disbelief.  "Jim.  You're crazy.  I'm not letting you buy a ring for me here."

 

"Be right back."  He says again as he walks towards the entrance of the store.

 

Pam watches him go before turning to Gloria.  "We're not buying this ring."

 

"Seems your young man has a different idea."  She smiles back.

 

"I'm serious.  This is insane.  We never even planned to get engaged today."  Pam looks down at the ring again.  “It just sort of happened.”

 

"There’s something to be said for spontaneity.  So tell me.  How long has it been?"

 

"Do you mean since we've known each other or been together?"

 

"Either." Gloria shrugs.  "Both."

 

Pam’s eyes are dreamy as she replies.  "I've known him for almost seven years.  We've only been together for just about a year and a half."

 

"Let me guess.” Gloria taps her pen on the glass. “The other ring kept you apart?"

 

"Among other things."  Pam sighs.  "How did you…?"

Gloria nods knowingly.  "You meet a lot of people in my line of work.  You start to be able to read them pretty well."

 

"I’m a pretty good judge of character myself I think."

 

"Well if that’s true right now we can both tell that boy is busy trying to move heaven and earth to keep that ring on your finger."

 

"Well that's too bad because I won't let him."  Pam promises.  "It's impractical.  I don't need a ring like this."

 

"Honey, no woman ever 'needs' diamonds."  Gloria laughs loudly.  "But no woman should ever turn them down either."

 

At that moment Jim joins them again, flipping his phone shut.  “Alright.  Gloria.  You drive a hard bargain but you’ve got a deal.  We’ll take it.”

 

Pam shakes her head.  “No. We won’t.”

 

“Yes.”  Jim laughs as he bends his head to kiss her.  “We will.”

 

“You’re insane.”

 

“That may be.”  Jim grins as he turns his attention back to Gloria.  “Do we get one of those fancy blue boxes with this?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“Perfect.”  Jim says as he digs for his wallet.   He’s about to slip a credit card out of a slot when Pam reaches out and stills his hand.

”Jim.”

 

He leans down so he can stare directly into her eyes.  “Do you like that ring?”

 

She blushes and averts her gaze.  “You know I do.”

 

“Then please.”  He nearly begs as he kisses her quickly.   “Let me do this.”

 

“Jim.  Stop kidding around.  This is crazy.  This ring is like…almost six thousand dollars.”

 

“Really?”  He smiles as he kisses her again.  “Funny thing.  I just found out that exact amount is my commission so far this year.”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous.  You can’t spend that kind of money on me.”  Pam protests again.

 

“Oh yeah?”  Jim narrows his eyes at her.  “Watch me.”

 

“Honey.  Face it.  It’s a done deal.  Just give it up and enjoy.”  Gloria laughs as she takes the card from Jim’s hand and moves towards the computer console to finish the sale.  “I’ll be right back.”

 

They watch her leave in silence.  Once she is out of earshot Pam tugs at Jim’s sleeve until he faces her again.

 

“Jim.  Please.  Just listen to me.  OK?   I really don’t need a ring like this.  We can go to the mall when we get back and get something…”

 

He looks at her as if she’s crazy.  “Pam.  C’mon.  We are not buying your engagement ring at the Steamtown Mall.”

 

“Don’t do this to me.”  She sounds terrified.   “I’ll be scared I’ll lose it if I take it off…”

 

He waves away her argument.  “Then you’ll just have to wear it all the time won’t you?”

 

She tries once more.  “It’s really too much.  Look.  I promise.  I’d be just fine with a simple ring from the jewelers at home…”

 

He muffles her protests with his mouth, kissing her softly and sweetly before pulling away.  “I know you would be.”  He whispers as he pulls her close.  “And that’s exactly why you deserve something better.”

 

Giving up a losing battle Pam blows out a breath.  “I’m not going to be able to talk you out of this am I?”

“Not a chance.”  He chuckles as he tucks a stray curl behind her ear. 

 

At that moment Gloria reappears, a printed receipt and a small blue bag in tow.  “Sign here sweetie.”  She winks at Pam.   “He’s quite the catch, honey.  You hold onto him real tight.”

 

Pam twines her arm through Jim’s and threads their fingers together as she replies.  “Don’t worry.  I intend to."

 

End Notes:

 

Pam's Ring

All in :) by xoxoxo
Author's Notes:

Thanks for all the lovely reviews.  I'm so mired down in fluff these days I'm glad to know there are people still with me.  LOL!

Warning!  Steaminess ahead. :)

Until next time...enjoy!

 

 

Statistics say most tourists spend very little time in their hotel rooms. 

They’re about to become the exception to the rule. 

xoxoxo

 

Jim winces as his head raps against the door.  “Pmmmmm…”

 

“Where’s the key?”  Pam murmurs as her hand slips into the front pocket of his jeans. 

 

“I’ve…Jesus.”  He laughs as her mouth seeks his again, her hands still searching.  He bites his bottom lip and shakes his head at her.  “OK…ummm.  Pam?  That’s definitely not the key.”

 

“Oh yeah?”  She laughs as she presses herself against him, her lips nibbling at his neck.  “I beg to differ.”

 

She reaches for his hands, places them on a very precarious part of her anatomy. He sucks in a breath.   He looks ridiculous; the small robins egg blue shopping bag still dangling from his wrist.   “You’re indecent you know that?”

 

“Where’s the key Jim?”  Pam demands as she bites down gently where his neck meets his shoulder.

 

“Pam.  Seriously.  I don’t have it.  Is it in your purse?” 

 

She sighs and releases him to search in her handbag for the plastic key card.   He keeps his hands where she placed them.  Oddly, it doesn’t seem absurd to him at all to be fondling her in the middle of the hotel corridor. 

 

“Got it.”  She sighs against his mouth, her tongue dancing with his as she deepens the kiss.  Her arm curls around his waist as she slips the key in the lock and twists the handle.

 

The door slams behind them with a resounding click.  Her hands are in his hair, her fingers pressing into his scalp to keep him right…oh yeah…right there

 

This is it.  This is him.  The second and very last man I’ll ever kiss.  Pam thinks with a sigh.  She smiles against his mouth as she shrugs her sweater from her shoulders and kicks off her sneakers.  She wouldn’t have it any other way.  She has no regrets whatsoever.

 

Jim tosses the bag to the floor and pulls her flush against him as his lips travel down to the lowest most point of her v-neck tee shirt.  His tongue dips under to savor the taste of her skin, his hand sneaks up and under the fabric to taunt her.

 

His thumb traces the curve of her breast and she loses her sense of sight. 

 

“I um…don’t think I told you.  But I really like my ring.”  She whispers as he tugs her shirt over her head and tosses it aside.    “Thank you for buying it for me.”

 

“I’m really happy to hear that.”  His fingers snake around her back to release the clasp there.   “So is that what this is?  You’re just showing your gratitude?”

 

“No.  Not nearly.”  She laughs, her hand closing around his waistband, slipping open his buttons one by one as she tugs him towards her.  “I realize I didn’t express myself well before.  I think I need to let you know how much I really appreciate it.”  She curls her fingers under the hem of his t-shirt, desperate to feel his skin on hers.

 

Her hands splay across his chest, the ring on her hand sparkling in the fading sunlight that spills through the sheer curtains.  They trip and stumble in their haste to get to the bed.

 

Finally regaining some semblance of balance, Jim bends her back over his arm to lower her onto the mattress. 

 

“No.”  Pam shakes her head, pulling him towards her.  “Take the bedspread off first.”

 

“What?”  His head is spinning, her words sound foreign to him all of the sudden.

 

She tries to catch her breath enough to reply to his question.   “I just…saw this thing on TV.  They never clean them.  It’s really kind of gross.  Just pull the bedspread off…”

 

He can’t be bothered.  Sighing in obvious frustration he lowers her to the floor, covering her body with his.  

 

“Jim.  This is not any better.”  She squirms out of his grasp as her back rubs against the rough pile of the carpet.   “Hotels are notoriously filthy…”

 

“Shower.”  He replies, suddenly inspired, tugging at her hand and leading her to the bathroom.

 

“What?” 

 

“Compromise.  You’re suddenly a germaphobe and I’m all about respecting your wishes.”  He whispers as he pushes her jeans (and by default the scrap of lace she wears beneath them) down towards her knees, his arm curling around her waist to pull her a few inches off the ground.   He kicks both to the side when they end up in a pool at her ankles.  “So.  Shower…” He chuckles against her neck as he sets her down on her feet again.

 

He releases her for just a moment, his arm pushing the curtain aside in one fluid motion, his clever hands cranking the faucet to life.   Pam sucks in a breath at the picture he makes, his jeans half undone, denim slung low on his hips.  It’s all she can do to keep her own hands off him.

 

Steam fills the small space almost immediately.

 

“You’re over dressed.”  She whispers as he turns to face her again, her fingers gently trailing across his waist, tracing the hollows of his hip bones, dipping lower, slipping inside his jeans to brush along the length of him.  

 

Bucking against her hand, he makes a strangled noise that sounds much like her name. Smiling, he hurries to rid himself of the barriers between them.

 

Laughing, together they make their way under the spray.  He’s too tall and she’s too short, so the stream of water hits him mid chest and splashes straight into her eyes.  He turns her around so she can see again.

 

He grabs the shampoo from the small sill beside him; squeezes a dollop into his palm.  When he massages her scalp the lather smells rather minty, sort of like eucalyptus.  He leans her back to rinse the soap from her hair.

 

“When we win the lottery we’ll have a really big shower, with one of those showerheads that makes the water feel like rain.”  She whispers as he gently brushes her water logged locks off her face.

 

“And we’ll have someone wash the bedspread every day…” He laughs as he ducks his head to press his mouth to hers.

 

“Oh and eat breakfast in bed.”  Pam murmurs, shifting to trace her tongue along the side of his throat, down across his chest and lower...lower.  All the while her fingers are tracing somewhere else entirely.  "That always seems so decadent to me..."

 

One of his hands presses flat against the tile to ensure he keeps his footing as the other reaches down to tangle in her hair.   Jim tilts his head back, his laugh low and deep right as her mouth closes around him. 

It’s then he loses the ability to make any sound at all.

 

“I didn’t mean…” Jim’s knees buckle despite his best intentions.  “Pam…

 

She’s perfect, is all he can think as she quite eloquently tells him just how thankful she is.   As he shudders against her he’s not at all surprised to find himself almost immediately amused.   He can practically feel her smile as she presses a kiss to the inside of his thigh.

 

“Get back here.”  Jim’s voice is low and husky, full of admiration as he takes her hand and helps her to stand.  Pam moans as he pulls her against him again.  His hands explore every inch of her skin, every contour and cranny as his mouth follows, stopping to tease, tempt and taste until he’s sure he’s returned the favor.

 

Damp and dripping they make their way back towards the bed.  Pam giggles as she watches Jim pointedly remove the down comforter before they fall in a tangled heap on the snowy white sheets.  They move together again, though this time it’s slow, sweet and unhurried.  Here, in this room, time virtually stands still while the city churns in chaos twenty stories below.

 

xoxoxo

  

Too soon it’s Monday and they’re back at work.    Jim holds the door open for Pam as she makes her way to her desk.  Her fingers linger over his as she eases away from him.

 

As he settles in his chair, facing her, the smile on his face shows no sign of leaving.

 

Moments later Dwight bounds through the door, briefcase swinging.   “Good morning Pam.”

 

“Morning!”  She says brightly as he walks past.

 

“Good morning.”  Jim smiles as Dwight takes a seat across from him.  “How was your weekend?”

 

“It was recuperative.”

 

“That’s…OK…not a word I would ever use but I’m glad to hear it.”  Jim nods, his eyes sparkling.  “Want to hear how my weekend was?”

 

“No. I do not.”  Dwight replies as he turns on his monitor.

 

Jim ignores him.  “Great.  Well first of all on Saturday, I won the lottery.”

 

Dwight makes a sound resembling a snort.  “Please.  What do you take me for?  You did not.”

 

“I absolutely did.”

 

Dwight blows out a breath, utter annoyance lacing his words.  “Then why are you still working here today then?”

 

“Oh.  It wasn’t that kind of lottery.”  Jim replies.

 

“What kind was it?  A sweepstakes?”

 

“No.”

 

“A raffle?”

 

Jim ponders for a second.  “Not a raffle per se.”

 

“Was it a scratch off game?”

 

“Well.  There might have been something like scratching involved.   Wouldn’t you say Pam?” 

 

Her cheeks are flushed pink as she shakes her head at him and mouths.  Stop it.

 

Dwight notices the exchange and rolls his eyes. 

 

“C’mon Dwight.”  Jim says with a sigh.  “You have a girlfriend right?  I mean, at least that’s what you keep telling me.”

 

“Yes.  But my girlfriend is the very picture of common sense and decorum.  She doesn’t moon over me like some people’s significant others.”

 

Jim’s brow wrinkles.  “Your girlfriend moons you?  Wow.  That’s kind of inappropriate.”

 

Unable to hold her laughter at bay any longer Pam brings her hands to her mouth as she snickers.

 

“I said ‘moon over’ not ‘moons’.  And if you don’t stop I’m reporting you to Michael.”

 

“Go ahead.” Jim shrugs.  “I just won the lottery.  I think luck is on my side.”

 

“There’s no such thing as luck.  It’s all a matter of statistics.”  Dwight replies.  “And I still refuse to believe you.”

 

“That’s your choice.”

 

Jim leans back in his chair and waits, certain that the conversation isn’t over.   A few long moments later he hears Dwight’s voice again.

 

“How much did you wager?”

 

Jim pretends to be busy answering emails.  “What's that Dwight?”

 

“On the lottery.  What was your initial investment?”

 

Jim shrugs again.  “A few thousand dollars.”

 

“That’s quite a large sum.”  Dwight looks at him thoughtfully.  “And how much money did you win?”

 

“Oh."  Jim sifts through a pile of paper on his desk.  “See the thing is I didn’t win any money.”

 

Dwight throws down his pen in frustration.  “But you just said you won the lottery?”

 

“I did.”  Jim smiles over at Pam.  “I’d even go as far to say that I hit the jackpot.”

 

At that Pam stands and makes her way over to him.  Jim’s grin widens as he rises from his chair to meet her.   In one swift movement her arms reach up, her fingers sliding through his hair as she presses her mouth to his. 

 

“OK that’s it.   You two are completely disgusting.”  Dwight announces as he jumps to his feet.  “I’m absolutely reporting both of you.  This is nothing short of sexual harassment.”

 

“God.  We should have called in sick today.”  Pam’s lips graze Jim’s ear as she whispers.  “I have to tell you - it drives me crazy when you get Dwight going like that.  Honestly.  You have no idea how much I want you right now.”

 

Jim thinks he might have some clue.  “Pam.  For once Dwight is right.  I think you just might be harassing me sexually.”   He laughs against her mouth as she moves to kiss him again.  “I mean – It's unfair.  I can hardly respond to you appropriately here at work.”

 

“Oh no.  Does that mean you’re going to sue me?”  She asks as she leans back in his arms, her eyes wide and full of innocence.

 

“We’ll have negotiate later at home.”  Jim replies as he kisses her quickly and reluctantly lets her go.  “Something tells me we might be able to come to an agreement.”

 

Pam rubs her thumb against the stone in her ring as she backs away from him.  “I’m looking forward to it.”  She gazes at him over her shoulder as she walks back to her desk.  “Jackpot huh?”

 

“Yeah.”  Jim smiles as he takes his seat again.  “As I said, luck must have been on my side this time.”

 

Pam nods and grins back at him.  “Mine too.”

 

 

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1747