The Ring by sorano916
Summary:

Part of my MASH series (build-your-own-story)... not completed yet, so don't start reading until I say so... :) I'm putting all the pieces in place so that it's work properly. Not that some of you followed my directions... ;) It's finished now, so have at it! (TWSS)


Categories: Future Characters: Jim
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Mild sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: MASH
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 1127 Read: 20513 Published: May 04, 2007 Updated: May 04, 2007
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

You have to start with the first chapter: Choose the Ring! and then, make the decisions from there... going through all the chapters aren't going to help. Heh...

1. Choose the ring! by sorano916

2. Choice... by sorano916

3. Door... by sorano916

4. Box... by sorano916

5. Pick... by sorano916

6. Option... by sorano916

7. Preference... by sorano916

Choose the ring! by sorano916
Author's Notes:
Jim... oh, Jim... so, indecisive... Help the poor boy out!

 

 

Jim can’t believe he is doing this. He just stares at the jewelry case in front of him. Each ring seems… so different. However, which one would she like the best?

Yellow gold or white gold? Fancy or simple? Round or… something not round?

 

Can you help Jim pick out the perfect engagement ring?

(First, click on the ring to see what it looks like... and then, click the after part for Jim to choose it.)

 

Ring 1Jim, pick this one!

Ring 2No, this one!

Ring 3She’ll love this one!

Ring 4This one is pretty!

Ring 5Hey, Halpert! Over here!

Ring 6This one is perfect!

Ring 7Choose this one!

Ring 8This is the one!

Ring 9Nice and simple!

Ring 10This one! This one!

Ring 11This one is so unique!

 

 

 

 

Choice... by sorano916

 

 

Jim gets down on his knee and holds Pam’s hand. “Pam, will you give me the honor of being your husband? Will you marry me?”

Gasps fill the conference room.

Luckily, Ryan is able to cover Kelly’s mouth before she is able to yell anything. Phyllis grabs Stanley’s arm as he is desperately trying to work on his crossword puzzle. Angela smiles as she gently gives Dwight’s arm a squeeze. Everyone else is waiting for Pam’s response.

After Pam gets over the initial shock, she answers, “Yes. Of course, yes!” She jumps into Jim’s arms and kisses him as everyone claps and hollers.

“So beautiful…” Michael sniffles in the corner. He looks at the camera. “My children are growing up… Next thing you’ll know, I’ll be a grandpa!”

 

 

Door... by sorano916

 

 

 

Jim’s pretty nervous as he’s sitting at the dinner table. Pam looks absolutely beautiful… stunning… glowing, even. Even outside on the restaurant's deck.

“What’s up with you?” she asks with a smile.

He laughs awkwardly. “Oh, nothing.” In order for her not to catch on, he adds, “I got Dwight really mad this morning and I’m afraid he might actually retaliate with his spud gun or ninja stars.”

She giggles. However, she stops suddenly and looks down.

Jim jumps up from his chair. “What’s wrong?”

Pam looks up at him with a wide grin. “The baby kicked.” She reaches for his hand. “Here. Feel.”

Jim kneels next to her and places his hand on her growing bump. After a moment, he feels the baby kick. “Oh my God…” He looks up at Pam with a smile.

“I bet you anything it’s a boy.” She runs her free hand through his hair.

“Oh, really, Beesly?” He says with a wink. She replies with a kiss on the forehead.

They weren’t expecting to get pregnant. However, sometimes condoms and birth control just fails. Pam was now showing so there was no real way around the situation… not that Jim wouldn’t propose anyways.

“Pam…” Jim holds her hand.

“Yes, Jim?”

“I love you so much.” He kisses the palm of her hand.

“I love you, too.” She caresses his cheek.

Jim takes the ring from his pocket . “Will you marry me?”

Pam gasps and tears fill her eyes. After a few seconds, she nods as she hugs and kisses Jim.

 


Box... by sorano916

 

 

He enters the apartment with the little bag. He places it on the coffee table and throws his jacket on the sofa. He isn’t sure if she’s home yet. Especially since she had a conference with Jan all day. He figures that she isn’t and decides a cup of coffee might calm his nerves. He goes into the kitchen. After a few sips of his coffee, he hears the front door open and close. His eyes dart away from the kitchen window overlooking the city.

“Hey, what’s this?” He hears her voice coming from the living room.

“Crap,” he mutters before he walks out of the kitchen. He sees her standing by the coffee table with the bag in one hand and the ring box in the other.

She looks up at him, questioningly. “Jim…”

He smiles. “You weren’t suppose to find this until later, my dear.” He takes the ring box out of her hand. “But since you were so curious…” She gasps as he opened the box. “So, what do you say, Filippelli?”

Karen nods as Jim places the ring on her finger.

 

 

Pick... by sorano916

 

 

Still in the jewelry store, Jim breathes in deeply. He just made the biggest purchase of his life. He runs over what he’s planning on doing for the proposal. He had already asked her parents for permission and quite frankly, they were surprised that he didn’t ask sooner. Yeah, it’s been three years since they started dating, but they wanted to take it slow…

Jim mentally kicks himself. He should have proposed like three weeks after they started dated. Their relationship had been slow enough before they were officially together.

Anyways, Jim decided that he was going to propose on the roof Dunder-Mifflin. Most people wouldn’t think that a proposal on top of your office building would be that romantic but most people aren’t Jim and Pam. He had real fireworks planned and even an actual dinner. He smiles at the thought of actual dancing this time. No swaying. He planned on hiring a string quartet. However, playing on the roof of an office building might seem a bit sketchy…

 

“Excuse me, Mr. Halpert.” The saleswoman interrupts Jim’s thoughts.

“Um… yes?”

“I’m sorry, but your credit card has been declined. Do you have another card or would you like to pick out another ring?”

Jim sheepishly looks at the card. “Um… I’ll pick out another ring .”

 

 

Option... by sorano916

 

 

Jim looks at you.

“Really?” He makes a face. “You really want me to give Pam this ring?” He sighs and looks at it.

After a few moments, he shakes his head. “While I value your opinion, I’m going to say ’no.’ I mean, Roy gave her a yellow gold ring and I don’t really want her to remember Roy’s ring when she’s wearing mine. So, yeah…”

He pats you on the shoulder and smiles. “Is there another one you think that she might like?”

Preference... by sorano916

 

 

 

Jim hungrily pushes Pam onto the bed. While he takes off his shirt, her hand creeps up to his belt buckle. Her new engagement ring sparkles in moonlight from the window. His hands search underneath her clothing as both their breaths speed up. She’s able to strip Jim of his pants and boxers while he sucks on her neck.

He moans as she places her hands on him. “Geez, Beesly… how the hell am I fully naked, but you’re still clothed?”

She giggled. “That’s your fault, not mine.”

A few moments later, Jim made it an even playing field.

 

 

 

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1778