Six Feet Under by larrymcg
Summary:

This is an idea I've had for a long time. It is inspired by the very end of the Six Feet Under series finale (hence the title), and it seems that the 55 word style would be perfect for it. Each chapter will focus on a different Office character. 20 chapters are planned.

I do not own these characters, and would not do this to them if I did. No copyright infringement intended.


Categories: Other, Future Characters: Ensemble
Genres: None
Warnings: Other Adult Theme, Violence/Injury
Challenges: 55 Words To Leave Scranton
Challenges: 55 Words To Leave Scranton
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 1154 Read: 66152 Published: September 06, 2007 Updated: November 15, 2007

1. Morning by larrymcg

2. Missing by larrymcg

3. Vacation by larrymcg

4. DUI by larrymcg

5. Positive by larrymcg

6. Regret by larrymcg

7. Rerun by larrymcg

8. Outlook by larrymcg

9. Calm by larrymcg

10. Smile by larrymcg

11. Success by larrymcg

12. Hero by larrymcg

13. Fold by larrymcg

14. Lonely by larrymcg

15. Forget by larrymcg

16. Music by larrymcg

17. Boredom by larrymcg

18. Separation by larrymcg

19. Memories by larrymcg

20. Pictures by larrymcg

Morning by larrymcg

Wife. Daughter. Crossword. Pretzel. These were some of the things that got him through each day.

 

But this day was different. He would not wake up. When Terri looked into his eyes, she knew.

 

Everyone showed for the funeral, including newlyweds Jim and Pam. They came to remember Stanley Hudson, who passed away at 51.

 

Stanley Hudson 1958-2009

 
Missing by larrymcg


One week. One month. Several months. Everyone knew Creed was mysterious, but he’d been missing for too long. After one year, he was officially declared dead.

 

Angela and Dwight didn’t show up to the funeral, neither believing he actually died this time. Kevin took bets on Creed’s true fate. Chad Lite wrote the obituary. Again.

 

Creed Bratton  1943-2011
Vacation by larrymcg

He was in a carefree vacation mood when he rolled down the window to greet a stranger. The first thing he saw was a gun. It was the last thing Oscar Martinez would ever see.

 

The funeral was a somber affair, filled with tears and sadness, and it was Angela Schrute who cried the hardest.

 

Oscar Martinez 1958-2014

DUI by larrymcg

The meeting had gone well. She was happy and confident for the first time in a long while. Being sober turned her life around, but the drunk driver racing through the red light ended it.

 

Not everyone still worked at Dunder-Mifflin, but they were all there for Meredith’s funeral, including the Schrute and Halpert children.

Meredith Palmer 1964-2018

 

 

 

 

 

 

Positive by larrymcg

She had self-esteem issues for so long, but her marriage completely changed everything. Even those awful test results couldn't completely dampen her spirits. She passed quietly, allowing one more smile as he held her hand.

 

When her husband introduced himself to people, he no longer mentioned his company. From now on, he was just Bob.

 

Phyllis Vance 1964-2023

Regret by larrymcg

 

Ryan had a great job, a nice apartment, and complete freedom. This is what he told himself he always wanted. That changed when he heard about the accident.

 

The moment he walked up and saw Kelly peacefully resting, he realized he’d give it all up if he could just have one more minute with her. 

 

 

Kelly Bernard 1979-2031

 

 

 

 

Rerun by larrymcg

 

They’d already been through this once, but this time it was real. They checked. He’d been wearing a disguise for the past two decades. Only Kevin could instantly recognize him. He didn’t forget the man who won the pool at Creed’s last funeral. For Chad Lite, it was easy. He just used copy and paste.

 

Creed Bratton 1943-2011 2032

 

 

 

Outlook by larrymcg

 

They'd saved up for years. Vegas was supposed to be one of the most exciting moments of their lives. Unfortunately, the plane never landed. An injured Roy walked away, but Darryl did not.

This changed Roy's outlook on life. When he met Pam’s grandchildren at the funeral, he realized how much he'd missed out on.

Darryl Philbin 1971-2036

Calm by larrymcg


Jan’s life was completely flipped around. Free from the stresses of corporate life, she realized that she really loved Michael, and it was nothing to be ashamed about. So when she opened the door that morning and saw the gun, she didn’t panic. It was a good life, and she no longer had any regrets.

Jan Levinson-Scott
1967-2039

End Notes:

Thanks for reading!
Smile by larrymcg

 

Daydreaming about Costa Rica. Gambling. Hard drugs. There were many ways Toby dealt with misery, but it was her smile that worked best of all.

 

Here she was, allowing him one more glimpse at that smile before he closed his eyes for the last time. Sasha held her father’s hand and weeped at his passing.

Toby Flenderson

1967-2040

 

 

Success by larrymcg

Success in the corporate world. Living the big city life. Getting sandwiches at 2am. Ever since Kelly’s death, none of this meant anything to Ryan, but now it was all he had. Retirement was looming and his massive apartment seemed emptier every day. One day he passed away quietly, and no one seemed to notice.

Ryan Bailey Howard 1979-2041

Hero by larrymcg
Author's Notes:
      

 

 

Angela begged him not to go back in, but it was something he had to do. Three more people survived the fire because of Dwight's actions. Angela stayed there, waiting for him to return, but he never did. She refused to believe he was gone, but finally began weeping when Pam arrived to console her.

Dwight Kurt Schrute 1972-2044

 

End Notes:

As always, thanks for reading!
Fold by larrymcg

 

Retirement was good for Kevin Malone. After mourning the loss of his beloved Stacey, he’d moved to Vegas to play poker full time. Despite persistent headaches, he actually made the World Series of Poker Main Event final table in 2042. It was a couple years later when the aneurysm hit, and it ended his life.

 

 

Kevin Malone 1972-2045

End Notes:

Thanks for reading!
Lonely by larrymcg


Moving to New York really agreed with Karen. It led to some successful years in the corporate world, but failed relationships left her feeling lonely. It wasn’t until she reconnected with an old friend that she finally felt happy. He was there with her until the end, and kissed her goodbye as she passed away.

 

 

Karen Bernard 1976-2047

 

 

 

End Notes:

Thanks for reading!
Forget by larrymcg


Roy found good, solid work in the construction industry. He had a regular group of buddies to go drinking and fishing with. This helped him forget about the pain and misery his own choices had caused. He died due to complications from liver disease, and the woman he always loved was there at the funeral.

Roy Anderson 1973-2050 

End Notes:

Thanks for reading!
Music by larrymcg

 

Andy had changed so much over the years. He was no longer the sycophant ready to explode with anger. Instead, he sat around sadly mourning the loss of two women that he’d loved. Those last few years were painful, but singing kept his spirits up, and that’s what he did on that last day. Rit-da-dit-dit-doo. 

Andy Bernard 1974-2059
End Notes:

Thanks for reading!
Boredom by larrymcg

Angela outlived the love of her life and it was a very lonely time. Now relegated to a retirement home, she didn’t even have her cats. Only occasional visits by that hussy dispelled her boredom. One morning the caretaker came by for her morning feeding, but Angela had already fallen asleep for the last time.

Angela Schrute 1971-2065
 

End Notes:

Thanks for reading!
Separation by larrymcg


They held each other in their arms every night, but it became more and more difficult. Jim’s degenerative condition meant a long hospital stay and lonely nights for Pam. It got worse as her memory faded and she needed constant supervision. She saw Jim in his last hours and watched as this stranger passed away.

James Halpert  1979-2072

End Notes:

Thanks for reading!
Memories by larrymcg

 

 

Secret alliances. Rooftop dates. Parking lot confessions. These memories were gradually erased by the onset of Alzheimer’s, yet Pam tried to the very end to remember anything.

A few months after Jim’s death, she wandered too far. She was eventually found, but after her heart stopped . They opened her hand and found a yogurt lid.

Pam Halpert 1979-2072

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Note: Everyone gave me suggestions for how to have Pam/Jim die (in each other's arms, immortality, etc.). Alot of them were good ideas, but I had already planned their deaths out, the timing of which was inspired by Johnny and June Carter Cash.
Pictures by larrymcg

 

Michael lived a very long life. In fact, he called Guiness periodically to check if it was a record. His favorite hobby was looking at old pictures: His children and grandchildren. Jan. Jim. Pam. Dwight. All of them. He never quite had a hundred friends, but when he took his last breath, he was happy.

Michael Gary Scott 1964-2074

End Notes:


This is the end of the line. Thanks for all who supported the story.

I may return to this universe at some later date to tell some stories about what happened throughout these years. 

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2557