Little Girls' Dreams by Azlin
Summary: If there was a pre-documentary documentary, the camera crew would have asked the women of The Office to respond to this question: What do you want to be when you grow up? These would've been their (55-word) answers.
Categories: Other, Past Characters: Angela, Carol, Jan, Karen, Katy, Kelly, Meredith, Pam, Phyllis
Genres: Childhood, Drabble
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 502 Read: 21028 Published: October 30, 2007 Updated: November 07, 2007
Story Notes:
It's all in the summary, except to say that I never set a specific age for the characters, just sometime in elementary school.

1. Kelly by Azlin

2. Carol by Azlin

3. Meredith by Azlin

4. Angela by Azlin

5. Katy by Azlin

6. Phyllis by Azlin

7. Karen by Azlin

8. Pam by Azlin

9. Jan by Azlin

Kelly by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Kelly!


"A model/actress, then a designer. And I'll go to fashion week and hang out with everybody famous. Then I'll marry someone rich and we'll have a mansion and five daughters. Oh, and I'll be a rock star." She beams.

"Why do you want to do all that?"

"Duh. So I'll be like super awesome."

 

End Notes:
I have eight out of nine chapters done already, so I'll be posting daily. Enjoy!
Carol by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Carol

"A world-famous ballerina." She states it emphatically, but there's a certain hesitation in her posture.

"That sounds nice."

"Yep. I'm going to Julliard and everything." She continues pointing then relaxing her toes as she speaks.

"So how long have you been dancing?"

"Oh, um, just three weeks, but my teacher says I'm a natural."

 

End Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! They'll be more tomorrow!
Meredith by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Meredith

"...and Dad always says marry rich, but I don't know anyone named Rich."

"But what do you want?"

"I want to be the president."

"Good for you, Meredith. You know you can be anything you want to."

"Yeah, I know." She smiles confidently and then turns to wink at the boy behind her in line.

 

Angela by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Angela

 

"No." Her black Mary Janes click together as two little legs swing back and forth.

"Please, Angela. Just answer the question. Then you can go."

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers."

"Please?"

She purses her lips and narrows her eyes skeptically, then seems to make her decision. "Fine. I would like to plan weddings."

 

End Notes:
I hope you guys are still enjoying these! I had fun writing them.
Katy by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Katy

 

"Oh definitely a teacher. Probably like a kindergarten teacher or something. I just love little kids."

"But you are a little kid."

"I am not! I had a boyfriend last summer." She tosses her curls alluringly.

"Really?"

"Yeah. His name was Travis, but I dumped him because he was always busy with his Nintendo games."

Phyllis by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Phyllis

 

"Well, I always say I want to be an actress, but the truth is I just want to marry someone perfect and be a mom and stay home with my kids." She drops her eyelids and smiles with a wisdom far beyond her nine years.

"Really? That's it?"

"Yeah. That's what I really, really want."

 

End Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing! I really appreciate your feedback.
Karen by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Karen

 

Her bright little eyes squint and her forehead wrinkles in concentration.

"What's it called when you're a scientist who works on animals?"

"A veterinarian."

She tugs nervously on one of her braids, then shakes her head. "No, not that. I wanna work on cool animals. It's a zoolologiz..."

"A zoologist?"

"Yeah. Like at a zoo."

Pam by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Pam

"I wanna draw pictures for storybooks." She absently tucks a stray curl behind her ear.

"What kind?"

"Um...books about princesses, puppies, and astronauts."
"Astronauts?"

Yeah, because they fly the highest of all the flying things," she finishes proudly, smiling once more for the camera before running out to spend her recess on the swings.


End Notes:
Just one more left! :)
Jan by Azlin
Author's Notes:
Jan

 

"All I know is, I'm not gonna be a lawyer. No matter what my dad says." Her argumentative tone seems to disprove her point.

"Okay, Jan."

"Actually, what I'd really like to be is the person who answers the phone and files things and arranges big meetings and stuff."

"You mean like a receptionist?"

"Yeah."

 

End Notes:
Thanks for reading! All reviews are welcome!
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2810