Things You Can Count On One Hand by xoxoxo
Summary:

Pam didn't marry Roy but for a while there we weren't quite sure.

 


Categories: Future, Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Jim/Pam, Roy
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 993 Read: 3614 Published: September 11, 2006 Updated: September 19, 2006
Roy by xoxoxo
Author's Notes:

This exists only because my head is still spinning.  Not sure how many more I'll do.  Probably...duh...5 total. :)   One for Pam, one for Jim and hmmmm....maybe Katy.  We shall see....

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Five Reasons Roy MIGHT Be Wearing a Wedding Band  

 

 

1)  On Tuesday June 6th he goes to pick up their rings.  At the counter he tries it on - just to see if it fits.  

 

It does - but much too snugly.  

 

He figures Pam's going to be pissed but at least he's wearing the ring right?  

 

On June 10th he goes back to the jewelers to see if he can get it off and also, if he can get a refund.  The guy tells him sorry - they're non-refundable. 

 

He'll be damned if he's getting $300 bucks worth of gold cut off his finger.   

 

It can stay there for-freaking-ever as far as he's concerned.

 xoxoxoxoxo

2)  On Tuesday, June 6th she won't talk to him - other than to tell him it's over.  He's not really surprised.  Ever since that stupid Casino Night when he left her with Halpert she's been a different person.  The day after she packed her bags and moved in with her cousin Susan. 

 

On Saturday June 10th he slips the ring on his finger and now, though he feels like a total sap, he can't bear to take it off.

xoxoxoxoxo

 

3)  On Wednesday, June 7th he wakes up with the most wicked hangover he's ever imagined. 

 

His last night in Vegas is a total blur - but he's sure he heard Darryl and Lonny laughing like idiots and the sound of someone playing the wedding march on an old decrepit organ.   

 

Yawning, he turns onto his side and blinks.  There's a silicone enhanced peroxide addicted blond curled up next to him. 

 

He looks at his left hand and mutters.  "Oh shit."

xoxoxoxoxo

 

4)  On Wednesday June 7th he wakes up with the most wicked hangover he's ever imagined. 

 

His last night in Vegas is a total blur - but he's sure he heard a clipped voice calling on his cell phone telling him that he deserves better than that hussy he was planning on marrying.   That if he knew what she could tell him he'd make a difference choice.

 

Next thing he remembers is that she was standing right there,  all pretty, petite and unbelievably self-righteous in front of him. 

 

She looked like she was disgusted with the entire city and he thinks he remembers her saying something about "going to hell in a handbasket."

 

Yawning, he turns on his side and blinks.  There's a tiny blond with a pained expression curled up next to him.

 

He looks at his left hand and mutters.  "Oh shit."

  

xoxoxoxoxo

 

5)  On Wednesday June 7th he realizes he just can't do this to Pam.   He was in love with someone else.  It really was bizarre, she was nothing like Pam.  She wasn't conventionally pretty - but she was his soulmate.  He was sure of it.

 

     She loved football with the same level of passion he did, preferred the hot wings from Hooters to the ones at TGIFriday's.  Not that they always went out - she could actually cook.  She could make a mean pot of chili. 

  

     He's tried to deny it for three years but it's futile.  He knows now that he has to do something before it's too late.  

 

     He hated to break Pam's heart, but he needed to admit the truth.

 

     His own heart had always belonged to Madge.

 

 

      

 

 

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=336