40 Weeks by absolutelyido
Summary: A week-by-week journey through Pam's first pregnancy.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Future Characters: None
Genres: Married
Warnings: Adult language, Explicit sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: A Life Together
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 11101 Read: 19558 Published: May 18, 2008 Updated: July 16, 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

This is my first story....be nice.

1. Week 1 by absolutelyido

2. Week 2 by absolutelyido

3. Week 3 by absolutelyido

4. Week 4 by absolutelyido

Week 1 by absolutelyido
Pam could smell the bacon cooking before she even opened her eyes. Smiling, she hopped out of bed and started to make her way downstairs to the kitchen when something caught her attention. The French doors at the far end of the bedroom were barely open and the soft curtains inside were blowing from the breeze.

Curious, Pam made her way over to the doors, which opened to a deck just big enough for two chairs and a small table. On the table there was a vase filled with roses, a fresh cup of coffee, and a cup of tea that was still steaming. Pam instinctively sat down and began to sip her tea. She looked out over the backyard and up into the trees. She smiled as she took in everything she saw. She loved this house. It was an old, small Victorian in the Green Ridge neighborhood of Scranton. They had moved in right after their wedding and it was the absolute perfect house for them.

"Hey….I was wondering if you were ever going to wake up." He startled her when he said it. She looked over her shoulder and saw Jim carrying two plates, which he placed on the table.

"Good morning, Halpert. What's all this?" She asked, motioning over the table.

"Woke up early, couldn't go back to sleep. So, I got hungry waiting for you to wake up and went to pick up a few things at the market," Jim replied, grinning.

"Well, everything looks great! Thanks, babe."

"Nothing but the best for my beautiful wife." He didn't think he would ever get tired of referring to her as his wife. She smiled, and picked up her fork and sighed at how good the eggs were. She loved that Jim always cooked for her.

They talked about nothing in particular as they finished their breakfast and then cleaned up together.

"I think I'm gonna go back upstairs and paint,” Pam said as she was drying the last of the dishes.

“Sounds good to me. I was going to go for a jog and then watch the Phillies game this afternoon.”

They went upstairs together and Jim changed into his running gear while Pam set her watercolors up on the same table where they had just eaten breakfast. He kissed the top of her head as she was painting before he left for his run.



When the sun had completely disappeared below the trees and Pam could not distinguish the different colors of her paint, she decided to clean up and go inside. After she had put all of her materials away, she went downstairs and found Jim fast asleep on the couch. Some ESPN show was blaring on the television.

“Wake up, sleepy head,” she purred in his ear as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“Mmmm, what time is it?” He asked as he stretched and sat up.

“Almost 7.”

“AM or PM?” His question made Pam giggle.

“PM silly. What do you wanna do for dinner?”

“How about take out,” Jim suggested, yawning.

“Yes! From that new Chinese restaurant. Remember you loved their sushi?”

“Perfect,” Jim said, as he reached for his cell phone to call their order in.

“They said it should be about 40 minutes,” he said, hanging up his phone. “I’m going to go up and shower before it gets here. I never showered today after running.”

“Mind if I join you?” Pam said it in that deep, sexy voice she knew drove Jim wild.

“Be my guest.” He could never tell her “no”.

He leaned down to kiss her, placing his arms around her waist. She reached up to pull him closer to him, her hands on the back of his neck. Her knees went weak as their lips met. Even after being together for a few years, his kiss still made her melt.

He scooped her into his arms, and carried her upstairs. With her hands still on the back of his neck, she kissed him everywhere she could -- his ear, his neck, his chin.

Finally reaching their bathroom, Jim placed her down and then reached into the shower to turn the water on. By the time he had turned around Pam had completely removed all of her clothes and was making her way towards Jim. She came over to him and started slowly taking his clothes off. He watched her diligently working, loving how she affectionately admired his body.

When she was finished she stepped into the shower and motioned for him to follow. The water was hot and they could barely see each other through all the steam.
Jim reached for Pam and pulled her close. They kissed each other slow at first and then harder as their tongues explored each others mouth. Jim’s hands here grasping Pam’s ass and she moaned loudly when he started to squeeze it. She let her hands move all over his body, starting in his hair and moving down his chest and eventually reaching his penis. She held him lightly, closing her fingers around his growing erection. She slowly started to move her hand up and down him.

Jim let his head fall backwards and the hot water rushed over his face. Pam was moving faster now and was cupping his balls with her other hand. She moved her thumb gently over his tip and he didn’t know if he could take much more.

Then suddenly Pam dropped to her knees and before Jim even knew what was happening, Pam had entirely taken him in her mouth.

“Damn, baby,” he moaned as he placed his hands in her hair.

After a few minutes, Jim couldn’t take it anymore and he lifted Pam so she was standing up.

“Hmph...I wasn’t done,” she pouted.

“I didn’t want to come like that,” he said as he backed her up against the wall of the shower. He kissed her neck and stopped to suck on her collarbone. She sighed from the pleasure and lifted her right leg up and wrapped it around him. Jim hooked his arm under her knee and he felt Pam thrusting herself towards him.

He took her left breast in his mouth and sucked hard on her nipple. He switched to her other breast and while he licked and sucked, Pam reached down and guided him inside her.

Jim reached down and lifted her left leg up and over his
arm, causing her legs to spread apart and opening her up.

She placed her arms around his neck so that he was totally supporting her. Pam tightened herself around Jim’s throbbing cock and he pushed hard and deep inside of her. He pulled back slowly, almost coming out of her, and then gently slid back inside. He repeated this motion, speeding up a little each time.

“Oh fuck Jim....I...I....oh God!!” Pam screamed as she came, her wetness immediately washed away by the water pulsing down from the shower head.

After a few more thrusts, Jim let himself go inside of her.

“Damn, that felt good,” he whispered in Pam’s ear as he lowered her down to shower floor.

“Yes, it most certainly did,” Pam said.

“Now, I think we need to get washed up so we’ll be ready when tbe delivery man shows up,” Jim said while he was squirting shampoo into his hand.

**********************************************************

Their work week was completely normal. Jim scored a few new clients and touched base with some of his old ones. Pam answered phones, made some faxes, and dealt with the usual amount of Michael insanity.

On Thursday after work, Pam and Jim stopped at the grocery store on their way home to pick up a few things for dinner. When they finally got home, Pam went to the kitchen to unpack the groceries and Jim went straight upstairs to change out of his work clothes.

When everything was put away, Pam went into the living room and turned on the television. She sat down on the couch and noticed the light on answering machine blinking. She pushed the play button and started flipping through the channels on the television.

“Hey kids, it’s me! I just wanted to say hey and see if you two were still going to be able to make it over on Saturday for your dad’s birthday cookout. Pam, your cousin Shelly will be there with her new baby girl, Grace. She’s so cute! Anyway, just give me a call back soon and let me know if you are coming. See you soon, love you!!”

BEEP.

“Hello, this message is for Pam Halpert. My name is Lisa Johnston and I represent author Jane McElroy. I got your number from the owner of The French Manor Bed and Breakfast in the Poconos. My client recently saw some of your work while she was staying at the hotel even though we’re not sure if this is the kind of work you typically create, we were wondering if you would be interested in illustrating Mrs. McElroy’s new children’s book. I would love to set up a meeting with you to discuss this more if you are interested. My office number is 212-822-3803 or you can reach me on my cell at 212-943-5353. I look forward to talking with you soon, Pam. Thanks so much.”

BEEP.

“End of new messages.”

Pam reached down to play the last message again. She listened to it for a second time, still not believing what she was hearing.

“Pam? You okay? What happened?” Jim was staring at her as she frantically scribbled down Lisa Johnston’s number from the answering machine.

“Umm, oh hey. Uh, yeah, everything’s fine,” she said as she smiled at him. “Actually, it’s pretty good.”

“Who was that on the message?”

“Well, my mom called asking if we were still going out there for my dads birthday on Saturday and then this lady called me asking if I wanted to do the illustrations for some children’s book for Jane McElroy.” She was beaming at him as she told him what the message said.

“PAM!! Seriously!! This is awesome. Wow, congratulations!!

“I know!! I’ve actually heard Jane McElroy before and she wants me to do her book. I mean, I don’t even know what to say I’m just completely......shocked.” She was almost out of breathe from talking so fast.

“So what do you do next?”

“Well she left me her number and told me to call about setting up a meeting and then we will go from there.”

Jim walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. She snuggled her face in his chest and she could smell the fabric softener on his shirt. He rested his head on hers.

“I have never been so proud of you,” he said softly. “Have I told you lately that I’m completely in love with you?”

“Yeah, I think so. But it feels so good to hear you say it again.” Pam’s stomach started to grumble as they stood intertwined in the living room. Embarrassed, Pam pulled away.

“I think my little starving artist needs some dinner,”Jim joked. He grabbed her hand and lead her into the kitchen where they made a fresh pepperoni and mushroom pizza together.

**********************************************************

Pam made sure she called Lisa Johnston first thing on Friday morning. She did not want Jane McElroy to change her mind and end up using another artist.

She sat at her reception desk and dialed the office number she had written down. The phone rang several times before someone answered.

“This is Lisa.”

“Hi, um Lisa Johnston?” Pam sort stuttered over her words.

“Speaking,” replied the cold voice on the other end of the phone.

“Hi, I am, uh Pam, Pam Halpert and I got a -”

“Yes! Pam Halpert, we finally speak! I have been trying to get in touch with you for weeks! You have no idea how hard it has been, believe me.” Lisa’s tone had changed entirely.

“Well, thank you. I must say I’m completely honored that Mrs. McElroy liked my work so much and thought of me for her book,” Pam said shyly.

“Honey, she didn’t think of you, she demanded you! I have been searching for your number hoping that I found it before I got fired. I called every hotel in Pennsylvania looking for you and now here you are!”

“Yeah, here I am.” Pam couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “So, Mrs. Johnston, what exactly is this book about?”

“I’m not entirely sure myself, sweetheart. My job is just to find you and set up the meeting. Jane wants to meet with you personally to talk about everything. We were hoping to get together next week, if that was convenient for you.”

“Sure, anytime. Where will we be meeting?” Pam hadn’t even thought about that until now.

“Well my office is in New York, and Jane lives in Connecticut so if you can get to the city that would be great.”

“Of course. That’s not a problem. The only thing is I would have to take off work, so....” Pam glanced down at her desk calendar before responding, “Friday would be best.”

“Let me see. The 19th, yes. I think we can do that. How about we meet for lunch?”

“Great! I’m not very familiar with New York, so you will have to tell me exactly where I need to be.” Pam tried not to sound too nervous.

“That’s fine. Give me your e-mail address and I will send you all the information once I have everything confirmed.”

Pam gave Lisa her e-mail and the two women chatted for a few more minutes before saying good-bye and hanging up.

As soon as Pam put her phone down, she walked over to Jim’s desk and told him all about talking with Lisa. He listened intently, smiling up at her as she leaned on her usual spot on his desk.

“Well, I think this calls for a fancy night in New York. Do you agree?” Jim asked her, leaning back in his chair.

“Absolutely I do.” They grinned at each other before returning to their work.
End Notes:
Week 2 coming soon.
Week 2 by absolutelyido
Author's Notes:
Again, I own nothing.

Pam really had no idea what shoes she should wear.  She stood in the middle of the closet looking down at all of her shoes around her feet.  Every pair of sandals she owned seemed awful to her for some reason. 

“Why am I making such a big deal about tonight?” She said out loud to herself. 

“We are just going to dinner, we do this all the time.”  But Pam had a strange feeling that there was something special about this night.

She finally decided on a pair of low heel black sandals to match her sun dress and went downstairs to find Jim.  He was in the kitchen, finishing a beer. 

“Ready?”  His smile was wide as he asked the question.

“Yep!  Hey, I was thinking we could walk there.  It’s so nice and out and the weather will be too cold soon....” 

“Sure, I’d love to.  Let me get my wallet first, and then let’s go.”  He put his beer bottle in the recycling and started to walk out of the kitchen.  He stopped when he was standing just in front of Pam and in one swift movement he reached for her hands, pulled her body against his, and leaned in to kiss her.  

She was completely caught off guard, but immediately gave in to his mouths demands.  After a few seconds Jim pulled away.  He was staring hard into her big eyes when a smile formed on his face. 

“You look beautiful, by the way,” he said.

“Thanks,” she replied softly, her face completely flushed.

“Okay, I’m going to get my wallet for real now.  I’ll lock up.”

“Sounds good.  I’ll just wait for you outside,” she called to him as he ran upstairs to their bedroom.

* * * *

When they got home from dinner Jim suggested having a drink in their backyard so they could watch the fire flies.  While he was in the kitchen pouring them both a glass of wine, Pam got a blanket from the linen closet and spread it out on the grass in their backyard.  She had kicked her shoes off and was laying flat on her back staring up at the stars when Jim came outside.

“See any aliens?”  He asked, sitting on the blanket beside her.  She propped herself up on her elbows in order to hold the wine glass he was handing her.

“Not until you came out.”  She winked at him. 

“Ha ha.  Very funny.  I didn’t know we would be having a nighttime picnic,” he said as he sipped his wine.

“When we were walking home I noticed the full moon and I just wanted to lay out here with you and watch it.”  She was staring up at the moon and Jim could see it’s reflection in her eyes.

While they finished their wine they talked and laughed.  They lay together on the blanket, staring up at the stars for over an hour before Pam reached over to pull Jim closer to her. 

“I’m cold,” she said, looking at him with her puppy dog eyes.

“I think I can I warm you up a little bit,” he said, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her cheek.

“I love how you smell,” she said as she nuzzled her face against his chest.

“You don’t smell so bad yourself.”  She tilted her head up so her mouth could meet his and they kissed.  They started off slow and before long Jim’s T-shirt was off and his pants were unbuttoned, and Pam’s dress was scrunched up around her waist.  

Jim rolled on top of Pam and held her wrists above her head as he kissed her neck and ears.  She moaned when he slid his hand up her thigh and ran his fingers across the silky fabric of her underwear.  She was already wet and his touch only excited her more.   

He slid his hand up even more and began to pull her panties off.  She arched her back up making his work easier.  When Jim had pulled them off completely he gently slid two fingers inside of her.  He felt her muscles tighten as he let his other hand explore her breast.  He was extremely happy to discover that she was not wearing a bra with this particular halter dress.  He reached around her neck to untie the dress.  The strings fell down over her shoulders and Jim pulled them down more so he could see all of her.    

With one of his hands still down between Pam’s legs, Jim let his other hand work on making her nipples hard.  He was able to do so quickly before he took one breast in his mouth.  He sucked hard, even biting a little, which caused Pam to let out a loud squeal. 

Slowly, Jim’s mouth made its way down Pam’s stomach.  She dug her hands deep into his hair and guided him exactly where she wanted him. 

Jim’s breath was so warm on the inside of her thigh Pam felt like she was on fire.  His tongue lightly licked over Pam’s opening, going from top to bottom and then back up.  Her hands were still gripped tight in his hair and he felt like she was going to pull it out, but he didn’t care.  It felt so good.

Jim’s tongue darted inside Pam and then out again.  He rapidly repeated this motion while Pam squirmed.  He slowly pulled his tongue out from inside her, replacing it with fingers.  Jim moved his mouth around until he found Pam’s swollen clit.  

“Fuck, JIM!!”  She didn’t mean to scream it as loud as she did.  She could feel herself about to explode as he moved his tongue around some more.  Jim continued to glide his fingers in and out of her as she came all over his hand.
When she was finished, Pam wasted no time going to work on Jim.  She sat up and put her hands on his shoulders, pushing him down so that he was laying on his back.  She struggled to pull his unbuttoned pants off.  She finally succeeded and teased him a little by slipping her hand through the front opening of his boxers.  Jim reached down and removed them in record speed.  Pam giggled.

“We should have nighttime picnics more often,” Jim said softly, as Pam straddled him.

“I think...that is...an excellent...idea,” Pam said breathlessly as  she slid down onto Jim’s huge erection.  She pushed her palms down on Jim’s chest while she rode him faster and faster.  She was incredibly wet and Jim didn’t think he would be able to last very long.  He put his hands on her hips and moved with her. 
Pam leaned her head back as she thrust hard against him.  Jim admired how stunning she looked, with the full moon shining brightly around her long curls and her breast bouncing up and down.  Pam was thrusting against him harder now and she could feel herself about to come again.  Her body shuddered as she came, riding Jim slower now.  She could feel that Jim was almost done and she continued moving him in and out of her. 

Jim moaned and arched his back as he came inside Pam.  She smiled and moaned as she let him fill her up.  He could not take his eyes off of her.  Jim had never seen Pam look so beautiful as she did at exactly that moment.

* * * *

Pam was extremely nervous all week while she was at work.  The only thing she could think about was her meeting on Friday with Jane McElroy.  Jim had asked Michael if they could both have Friday off.  Michael, of course, had assumed that Jim was taking Pam away for a hot, passionate, sex-filled weekend.  Jim said nothing to try and convince Michael otherwise.  Pam said she didn’t want anyone to know what she was doing in New York until it was a done deal.   She said she couldn’t take the embarrassment if the illustration job ended up not working out.  Jim understood completely and was going to do everything he could to keep Pam’s secret with her. 

Thursday at the office seemed to drag on forever.  Finally at exactly 5, Jim looked up at Pam and smiled.  She was already staring at him and she smiled back.  He shut his computer down, got his messenger bag, and walked up to reception.

“So, you ready to blow this joint?”  He asked as he got a jellybean from the dispenser on her desk.

“Yes.  This has been the longest day ever.”

“Well, then let’s hit the road.  I made dinner reservations for us and if we’re gonna make it, we need to leave.  Like now.”

“Let me just make sure I have all the information I printed out.....okay.  I’m ready.”  She said as she clicked on her computer.  Pam reached under her desk, grabbed her purse and then walked towards the door.  Her hand slipped into Jim’s and they walked out of the office together.

In the parking lot outside, Jim opened Pam’s car door for her as usual.  She got inside and immediately grabbed her pillow from the backseat.  Both of their overnight bags were already packed and in the trunk. 

When Jim was finally in the car, he looked over at Pam and grinned.

“You ready?” 

“Yep.  Mind if I read while you drive?”  She asked.

“Be my guest.”  Jim said as he turned the radio on.

The rest of their drive was quiet.  Pam fell asleep after flipping through her magazine and Jim hummed along to almost every song that came on the radio. 
The sun was just setting when Jim paid the final toll to enter Manhattan.  He realized he had no idea how to get to the hotel so he nudged Pam to wake her up.

“Hey babe,” he said.  She stirred.

“Mmmmm...”  Pam moaned as she opened her eyes.

“Can you tell me how to get to the hotel.  The directions are in the backseat.  I printed them off today before we left.”

Pam looked behind her and saw the paper with directions laying in the middle of the backseat. 

“I don’t know why you don’t just use your GPS.  It’s so easy.”

“Pam, we’ve already talked about this.  Dwight got me all paranoid with his “They’ll know where you are at all times” nonsense.”

“Who is “they”?”  Pam smirked.

Jim shrugged.  Pam rolled her eyes and laughed.

Their conversation was put on hold while Pam gave Jim directions to their hotel.  Jim had made their reservations as soon as Pam had set up her meeting with Lisa Johnston, and they were staying at The W on Lexington. 

When they arrived at the hotel, Jim parked in front so their bags could be unloaded.  The valet handed him a claim ticket for his car and they walked inside to check in.

“Geez, it’ll cost an arm and a leg to leave this baby parked here all weekend.”  Jim joked as they waited at the hotel’s front desk.

They received their room keys and went upstairs to freshen up before dinner.  Pam wore the tight, black strapless dress she wore to Jim’s brothers wedding last summer with a yellow sweater and Jim changed into a different pair of slacks with a new dress shirt and jacket. 

“Will you please tell me where we are going for dinner?” Pam pleaded while they rode the elevator downstairs.

“You really can’t handle surprises, can you?”  Jim smiled.

“No!  I have to know.”

“Well I promise you will like it.  I’ve actually wanted to take you here for a while now and this seemed like the perfect occasion.”

They exited the elevator and walked outside.  It was a perfect September night.  There was a slight chill in the air as they walked to the secret restaurant Jim had picked. 

“Ah, I do believe we have reached our destination, Mrs. Halpert.” Jim said as he reached down for Pam’s hand.  

“Jim!  This is the Museum of Modern Art, not a restaurant, silly.” Pam mused. 

“Well, shows how much you know, because this is not only a museum, but a restaurant as well.  It’s called The Modern.  I read about it in The Times a while ago.  It got really good reviews.”

“A fancy restaurant in a great museum.  Halpert, you are simply amazing.”

Jim and Pam walked into the restaurant and Jim talked with the maitre d’ who then lead them to their table.

“Jim this is so nice.” Pam was beaming as she looked around the swanky restaurant.

“I thought you might like it,” he replied.  “I think we should have a bottle of wine to celebrate this wonderful trip into the city.  What do you say?”

“A silly question.  When would I ever turn down a chance to celebrate with you?”

When their waiter came, Jim ordered a bottle of Vineyard 29 Sauvignon Blanc.

“This wine is delicious,” Pam said as she sipped her first glass. 

“Well it was a completely random choice.  I wanted to sound like I knew what I was talking about when I ordered and this was the easiest to say.”  This made Pam laugh.

“God, you are such a dork,” she said.  “I have no idea what to get.  Everything looks so good.”

“I think I am gonna go for the Roasted Lamb Chop or the Pennsylvania Duck Breast.”

“I say pick the lamb chop.  The Pennsylvania duck breast may have come from Schrute Farms.”

“Wiser words have never been spoken.  The lamb it is.”  Jim smiled as he put his menu on the edge of the table.

“I think I’m going to have the Olive Oil Poached Salmon,” Pam said finally.

They ordered their food and talked about nothing in particular as they waited.  Pam had said numerous times over the past week how nervous she was about her meeting tomorrow, so Jim did not bring it up.  He wanted her to relax and just enjoy dinner.  Despite her nerves, he knew she was going to be just fine.
When they had finished their dinner, they split an order of Chocolate Tart for dessert. 

They finished their wine, paid the bill, and headed back out onto the busy New York streets.  Jim had to hold Pam’s hand to keep her steady because she was feeling a little tipsy from the wine.

When they were finally back in their hotel room, they both washed their faces and brushed their teeth before slipping on their pajamas.  They got into their king sized bed, turned the lights off, and flipped through the channels before deciding on “The Sound of Music” on ABC Family.

They had only been in bed about 15 minutes before Pam was fast asleep in Jim’s arms.

* * * *

Out of habit, Pam woke up at 6:30 the next morning, even though she could have slept much later.  She turned on the television and turned the volume down really low so she didn’t wake up Jim.  She watched the news for about an hour before she felt Jim stirring beside her. 

“Hey sleepy head,” Pam said as Jim opened his eyes and rolled over to face her. 

“How long have you been awake?”

“Hmm, bout an hour.”

They stayed in bed together for a while watching the morning news before Jim’s stomach started to grumble.

“Sounds like you need some breakfast, babe.”

“Sounds like it.”  Jim said.

“I saw this little diner a few blocks up when we were walking to dinner last night.  We could go grab a bite,” Pam suggested.

“Yeah, sounds good.”

They both threw some clothes on and brushed their teeth and headed out. 

* * * *

After breakfast, they returned to the hotel so Pam could shower and get ready for her big meeting.  

Pam had brought a brown pants suit with a ivory top to wear.  She wanted to appear as professional as possible.  She had also brought a portfolio of some of her work for Jane McElroy to look through.  She included some sketches, watercolors, and prints of some of her graphic design stuff because she was not sure what Ms. McElroy was looking for.  She was still extremely overwhelmed with what was happening and did not want to mess it up.  In the back of her mind, Pam felt like this could really be her big break.

When she had showered, done her hair, and gotten dressed, Pam gathered her portfolio and her purse.

“So, how do I look?” She asked Jim as he lay on the bed watching ESPN.

“Gorgeous.”

“Are you still going to walk to the restaurant with me?”

“Um, of course.” He smiled at her.

“Okay, well, we better get going.  I don’t want to be late.”
Jim jumped off the bed, grabbed his wallet and keys, and they walked out the door together.

Lisa Johnston had emailed Pam that they would meet at Cafe Boulud on E 76th Street.  When they were outside the restaurant, Jim grabbed Pam’s hands and kissed both of her cheeks. 

“Hey....” Jim said softly.  “I know that you are going to be great.  And I know you were nervous about this not working out, but it will.  But even if, by some chance, it does not work out, then it wasn’t meant to be and everything will still be okay.  Because no matter what, I will still love you.”

“Thanks,” Pam said.  “I mean, I’m really nervous.  I just don’t want you to be disappointed in me.”

“Like that could happen.  Now go in there and knock their socks off.”  He kissed her on her nose. 

“Okay, well I will call you when this is over and we will meet up, right?”

“Sounds perfect.  Good luck, baby.  I love you.”

“Love you, too,” she said before she turned around and walked into the restaurant.

* * * *

Pam entered the restaurant and approached the woman at the seating station apprehensively.

“Hi, I am supposed to be meeting some people for lunch.”

“Sure, what are their names?”

“Oh, umm Lisa Johnston and Jane McElroy,” Pam said.

“Yes, Mrs. Johnston is already here.  I will show you to her table.”

Pam followed the girl to a table near the back.  When they reached the table, Lisa Johnston stood up and shook Pam’s hand.

“Well hello.  You must be Pam Halpert.  Lisa Johnston, nice to meet you.”

“Hello, nice to meet you, too.” Pam said, trying not to let her voice shake.

“Please have a seat.  I just talked to Jane.  She should be here any minute.  She had to come all the way in from Connecticut and she’s running a few minutes late.”

“Oh, no problem.” Pam said.

Their waiter came by to take their drink orders.  Both women ordered water with lemon.

“Oh, look who finally decided to join us!” Lisa said as a tall, dark haired woman approached their table.

“Sorry I’m late guys....damn trains.” Jane said as she sat her bag down in an unoccupied chair.

“Good to see you Jane.  This is Pam Halpert.  Pam, Jane,” Lisa said as she introduced the two women. 

“Nice to meet you,” Pam said.

“You too,” Jane said.  “I feel like I have been trying to get in touch with you forever so this is such a pleasure.”

“Well, I wouldn’t say that.” Pam said shyly.

The waiter came back around to take their food orders.  After he left, the conversation went from lighthearted to more serious.

“So Pam, how long have you been an artist?” Jane asked Pam.

“Well, let’s see.  I’ve always loved to draw.  I did a lot in high school and majored in Art History in college.  Then when I graduated I worked a few different jobs until I decided on a receptionist job at a small paper company, where I work now.  But I have actually been doing a lot of freelance stuff for the past few years.  I just can’t afford to support myself right now on my art, so I never really quit my day job.” 

“Of course, understandable.  Well I think we should get to business about why we are all here today,” Jane said.  “Pam, I was staying at this great little place in the Poconos back in the winter and I saw a few of your pieces hanging up in the resort.  I have been working on this new children's book about a baby monkey in the jungle who gets lost and then tries to find his home again.  I loved your work I saw and it is exactly what I imagined for my book.”

“Well, I...I’m flattered that you liked it so much.  I brought some of my other work for you to see, also.” Pam said shyly.

Pam handed over her portfolio for Jane and Lisa to look through.  After looking through it for a few minutes, Jane looked up a Pam with a huge smile on her face.

“Pam, this stuff is beautiful.  I would really be honored if you would illustrate my book.”

“Really?!  Wow, I umm, I don’t know what to say.”  Pam’s face was flushed and she was speechless.

“I hate to be the business bitch here, but we need to get a few logistics worked out,” Lisa said.  “Pam we will need to set a deadline to have some rough sketches in a few weeks.  Jane, don’t forget we are still on a deadline to get this thing finished.”

“I know, I know,” Jane said.  “Pam, Lisa hates that I just take my time working on projects.  I HATE the business aspect of writing books.”

“I understand,” Pam said, sipping her water.

“Well, I think 3 weeks should be plenty of time to get a few sketches in.  Pam, do you think you could manage that?” Lisa asked.

“Oh yeah, sure!” Pam said.  “I just, I would really love to see a manuscript so I know what exactly I should be drawing.” Pam said.

“Oh my goodness!” Jane said.  “I brought you the most recent copy.”  She reached in her bag and handed Pam a folder filled with papers.  “The story will not change from what is written here.  This is the final draft.”

“Great! I’m really excited to read it,” Pam said. 

Their food eventually came and the three woman sat around the table talking about work and their personal lives.  Pam really felt comfortable with Jane and Lisa and she was excited to start working with them.

They finished their lunch and Lisa picked up the bill.

“So Pam, I will be in touch with you soon to set up our next meeting so we can go over the first sketches.”  Lisa said as they were walking out of the restaurant.

 “Great, I’ll look forward to it.  And Jane, I really appreciate this opportunity and I am so excited to be working with you.” Pam said.

“Oh Pam, believe me, it is all my pleasure.  I am so happy that you will be illustrating my work.” Jane said.

They said their good-byes on the sidewalk and parted ways.  Pam reached into her purse and dialed Jim’s number.  

“Hey babe!  How did it go?” Jim said when he answered his phone.

“I want to tell you in person.  Where are you?”

“I’m in the park, near the zoo.”

“Great!! I’m coming that way now.” Pam said as she set off for Central Park.

End Notes:

So sorry for the delay.  Please stick with me, the good stuff is coming!!

And thanks for the reviews....I loved them!!

Week 3 by absolutelyido
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the delay in this chapter....I've been very busy....Job hunting, flooded apartment, vacation, you know, the usual.

This is not my favorite chapter.  I really didn't have anything to write

Pam had been working at Dunder Mifflin for almost 6 years and she was sure that today was by far the most boring day ever.  Michael and Jim had been gone on a sales call since this morning and they were usually her only two sources of entertainment in the office.      

Out of habit, she glanced over to Jim’s desk and frowned when she found it empty.  She sighed as she went back to staring blankly at her computer screen. 

“It’s only Wednesday….I may die of boredom before the week is over,” she said to herself.  

Finally, Jim and Michael returned to the office.  It was only 4:15 and technically Pam was supposed to stay until exactly 5:00, but she had her purse in her lap and her computer shut down as soon as Jim and Michael walked through the door.  She stood up, grinning from ear to ear as Jim walked over to her.  

“So, I guess you’re ready to go?”  He couldn’t help but laugh as he said it. 

“Please.  Let’s leave now.  I’ve been so bored today.  I don’t even care that it’s only 4:15.”  She said it all without even taking a breath.  

“Well let’s get you out of here stat.”  He popped a few jellybeans in his mouth as she walked around from the other side of the reception desk.  When she reached Jim, their hands quickly found one another and he kissed her lightly on the cheek.  

“Was it really that bad today?” he asked her as they walked in the elevator.  He pushed the “Ground Level” button and the doors closed.    

“Oh yeah.  Terrible.  I had no one to talk to or anything to do.  Even Dwight was on his best behavior.  Angela kept giving him these awful looks all day.  I think she may be threatening him or something.”  The elevator doors opened and they walked out into the lobby.  

“Well at least you weren’t stuck with Michael all day.  I swear, if he asks my advice about women one more time….”  

“I thought things were actually going good with him and Holly,” Pam said.  They reached the car and put their bags and lunchboxes in the backseat.  Jim got in the drivers seat and Pam in the passengers side.  He started the car and they pulled out of the Dunder Mifflin parking lot.  

“They are, I guess.  But he feels like its ‘marriage time’ and he’s nervous about how she’ll respond to a proposal.  He definitely doesn’t want another Carol disaster.  All day he kept asking me how I knew when I was ready to get married.”  

“And what did you tell him?”  A smile grew on her face as she asked the question.  

Jim looked at her as he slowed the car to a stop at a traffic light.  “I told him I knew from the first time I saw you.  It just took me a while to actually get there.”  He reached over and took her hand in his.  The light turned green and Jim was forced to put his attention back on the road.  

When they pulled into their driveway, Pam hopped out of the car to check the mail.  Jim pulled the car into the garage as Pam walked up the driveway sorting through that day’s mail.  This was their daily routine – they had been doing it almost everyday since they bought the house.When Pam reached the house, she walked inside and met Jim in the kitchen.  

“Anything good today?” Jim asked her as she sat the assortment of bills and magazines on the counter.    

“Umm, no.  Normal stuff I guess,” she responded, still holding one envelope and examining the return address closely.   

“Pam?  What’s wrong?  What is that?”  Jim was worried by the concerned look Pam had on her face.    

“I’m not sure.  It has my name on it,” she said, still staring blankly at the envelope.  

“Okay, well open it,” Jim said simply.  

“I’m scared,” she said.  It sounded more like a question than a statement.  “Will you open it for me?”   

“Oh, umm, yeah.  Sure.  I mean, if you want me to,” he stuttered.  Pam nodded slowly and handed the envelope to Jim.  He immediately opened it and pulled the folded up letter out and began to read it.  Pam was sitting on a barstool in the kitchen with wide eyes as she watched Jim silently reading her letter.  

“Jim?  What does it say?”    

He looked up at Pam with a huge grin on his face.  “Pam you aren’t going to believe this,” he said.  

“WHAT!?  Tell me!  Is it bad?”  

“It’s from the Johnston lady –“ 

 

“Lisa,” she interjected. 

 

“Yeah, her.  It’s about some contract or something.  She wants to represent you….” His eyes were scanning the letter rapidly when Pam snatched the paper from his hands.  Pam read the letter as fast as she could.  Jim couldn’t take his eyes off her.  

“Jim….I can’t believe this.  It says that she sees a lot of potential in my work and she thinks I could have a real career as an illustrator.  And….she wants to be my agent.  My agent.  Oh my god….”  Pam did not believe what she was reading.  Someone wanted to represent her – Pamela Morgan Halpert – as an illustrator.  Her lifelong dream was coming true. 

“This is really amazing Pam.  I know that you’ve wanted this for a longtime,” Jim said as he smiled down at his wife. 

 

“AHHH!!!!  I’M SO HAPPY!!”  Pam jumped up from the stool she was sitting on and did a little dance in the kitchen, still holding the letter from Lisa Johnston.  

“We definitely need to go out and celebrate,” Jim said, laughing at Pam’s dance. 

“Yes.  Let’s go right now.  And I want champagne,” Pam said as they walked to the car parked in the garage.  

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next day at work when Pam was on her morning break she called Lisa Johnston’s office. 

“Lisa, hi.  This is Pam Halpert.” 

 

“Pam!  Good morning.  How are you doing?  It is so great to hear from you!”  Pam wondered if Lisa was always happy.  

“I’m doing really great, thanks.  I got your letter in the mail yesterday and I cannot tell you how happy it made me.”  

“Oh Pam, let me tell you.  I took your portfolio home from the meeting and I fell in love with all of your work.  I really thought it was amazing and I think that I can help you take your illustrating career to the next level.  I’ve had some manuscripts come in that I think would be a great match with some of the stuff in your portfolio.”  

“I’ve got to be honest with you Lisa, I’m totally new to this whole thing.  This is very overwhelming.  I wasn’t even looking to get into the business when you contacted me about working with Jane McElroy.  I just….I guess I’m not really sure what I should do.”  

“Pam, there is no pressure at all.  Please know that.  I just think you are a gem and I see your talent.  I think you could do great things and we could both make a lot of money.”  Lisa laughed.  Her honesty and easygoing spirit put Pam at ease and she felt comfortable talking to her. 

“That doesn’t sound bad at all,” Pam giggled.  “I guess I just need some time to think about it.  I work as a full-time receptionist now and I’ve always just done my art as a hobby and I’m having a hard time understanding that I can actually make a career out of it.”  

“I completely understand you Pam.  Take your time.  If you do not feel comfortable making that type of commitment to have full representation at this time, that is fine.  But I will still keep you in mind if I come across any projects I think will you will enjoy.  And for now, we can just focus on getting the McElroy book finished.”  

“That sounds great.  And before I forget, I wanted to go ahead and schedule our meeting to go over my first draft sketches.  I need to make sure I take a day off of work to come into the city for the meeting.  I’ve been reading over the book and doing a few sketches.  I think you and Jane will really like them.”  

“Of course, we can set that up now.  I know I’ll be out of town all of next week.  How about we say Friday the 10th?  That gives us about 2 ½ more weeks.”  

“That works for me!  I’m looking forward to it,” Pam said.  

“Great, Pam!  I’m really excited about this project!  I’ll be in touch with you in the next couple of weeks to go over the details of the upcoming meeting.”  

“Perfect.  And Lisa, thank you again for the amazing offer.  I feel so honored.  I am really going to spend some time thinking about it and I will let you know as soon as I decide something.”  

“Pam, sweetheart, take your time.  Take care, and I’ll talk with you soon.” 

 

“You too, Lisa.  Thanks,” Pam said and both women hung up the phone.  

 

 

End Notes:

Week for is coming soon.  Pam finds out she is pregnant!!

 Keep the reviews coming -- they always make my day!!

And for anyone who is interested, this is Pam and Jim's house....

http://www.eplans.com/dutch_house-plans/HWEPL57730.hwx

Week 4 by absolutelyido
Author's Notes:

Own anything, I don't.

I realy like this chapter, so be nice :-)  It's FILLED with smut.  Enjoy!!

 

It was Sunday morning.  Pam woke up early because someone hadn’t closed the drapes in the bedroom last night and now the sun was shining directly on her as she lay in bed.  She pulled the covers up over her face as she curled up against Jim, who was sound asleep right beside her.  Even in his deepest sleep, he instinctively reached his arms around her and pulled her close.  She snuggled against his side, resting her head on his bare chest and listening to his heartbeat. 

They lay like this for a while before finally Jim woke up.  He yawned and stretched his arms out perpendicular to his body.   

“Hey sexy,” Pam said, smiling up at him.     

“Back at ya, Beesly,” Jim replied, his voice deep and strong and still a little raspy from sleep.  Even after all this time and even though she wasn’t a Beesly anymore, he still caught himself calling her ‘Beesly,’ merely out of his old habit. 

“So, what’s on the agenda for today?” she inquired as she sat up, stretching her arms high over her head. 

“I don’t know.  I need to get some work done around the house.  Maybe clean out the garage, cut the grass.  You know, do some man chores.”  He winked at her and rolled on his side so he could see her better.   

“I was thinking of going to the farmer’s market.   I have been craving fresh fruit and veggies lately.  I also need to go pick some things up at Target.  Wanna go with me?”  She flashed him the grin she knew he loved. 

“Nah.  I really need to cut the grass.  I’m embarrassed at how high it has grown.  Just go shop and do your girl thing and then let’s have a fancy dinner at home tonight,” Jim said. 

“I’ll get the food from the farmer’s market and cook.  Sound good?”   

“Perfect,” Jim said, as he reached up and grabbed on to Pam’s waist and pulled her down to him.  “Now, come here.  I want to do nasty things to you,” he said, almost growling in her ear. 

Pam squealed and she pulled the covers up over her, so that she and Jim were completely under the covers.  Jim rolled Pam onto her back and started kissing her neck. 

“It’s so……dark under here,” she said, breathlessly as his kisses began to travel down her neck.  Jim hurried to undo the buttons on Pam’s pajama top but he wasn’t moving fast enough for her. 

“Geez, Halpert.  I guess it takes a woman to get the job done right,” Pam joked as she basically ripped her shirt off. 

“Shut it.  Take those off too, while you’re at it,” Jim said, motioning to her lacey underwear.   

“My goodness, what has gotten into you this morning?” she asks while wiggling out of her panties.   

“I’m just getting what I want,” he said as he positioned himself in between her legs, forcing them to spread apart. 

“Well by all means, please do not let me get in your way,” Pam said.  She could already feel herself getting wet.   

“Oh, I won’t.  Don’t worry,” he said as he plunged two fingers inside her.  His dick went instantly hard when he felt how wet she already was. 

“Damn,” Pam moaned as Jim moved his fingers in and out of her at a steady pace.  It was so dark under all the cover that he couldn’t see her face, but he loved all the little noises she was making.  With his fingers still inside of her, he put his head over her stomach and began kissing all around her bellybutton. 

 “Jim….please….” she whimpered.  He knew what she wanted but he had something else in mind.  He let his mouth move down Pam’s stomach, placing kisses along the way.  The next thing Pam knew Jim’s tongue was lightly stroking her clit.  She felt pure bliss as he hands and tongue moved together inside her.  After a few minutes, Jim suddenly stopped. 

“Jim,” Pam whined, “why’d you stop?” 

“Mmmm, so I can do this.”  He lifted his body over Pam’s, supporting all his weight on one hand.  His other hand was on his dick.  He leaned down closer to Pam and let his penis barely touch her opening. “Ohhh…..fuck, Jim.  You are just a little tease this morning, aren’t you?” she giggled.  Jim laughed softly.  Pam sort of growled and he could tell she wanted him.  Bad.  Now.  He finally gave in and guided himself inside her. 

“Thank….fucking….god,” Pam moaned very loudly. 

Jim thrust hard into Pam.  He couldn’t help himself – Pam was so wet and she felt amazing.  Her body was writhing under his and they were both incredibly sweaty from being under the covers.  Jim slowed his movements down because he knew that Pam liked it like that.  He knew she was about 10 seconds from coming, which was good because so was he.   Pam started bucking her hips up against Jim’s as she orgasamed and this sent him over the edge.  With one final pump, he released inside her and then fell over onto his side.  Pam threw the covers off of them and wiped the sweat from her forehead.   

“Damn, that was good,” she said as she sat up and pulled her hair up into a ponytail.       

“God, you look absolutely gorgeous,” he said as he stared at her, still breathing hard.  The sunlight that was spilling through the windows shone all around her.  He could have sworn she was actually glowing.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

 

The work week flew by for both Pam and Jim and before they knew it, Thursday had arrived.  Jim had a busy morning calling customers and finishing things up for the week because he was taking Friday off to go visit his brother in Philadelphia.  Pam, on the other hand, was bored out of her mind (as usual) and had already played about 30 games of Sudoku online by lunchtime when Jim walked up to her at reception. 

“Ready for lunch?” he asked, drumming his fingers on her desk. 

“Yep.  I put both of our lunches in the fridge this morning,” she said while she minimized her Sudoku game.   

“Good.  I’ll buy the drinks today,” he said as he waited for her to walk around from behind her desk. 

“Gee, big spender.  I’ll have a diet coke, please,” she said as she walked into the kitchen to grab their lunches.   When Pam walked into the break room Jim was already sitting at a table.  He was the only one in the room. 

“Mmmm, we’re alone,” Pam said in her sexiest voice as she sat down at the table with Jim. 

“Yes, we are.” 

“I like it when we’re alone at work.  It makes me want to umm, sneak around.”  Pam blushed as she said it. 

“’Sneak around,’ really?  What, are we 9th grade again?”  Jim laughed at her. 

“Suck it.  I shouldn’t have said anything.  Never mind.” 

“No, I’m glad you did.  Maybe we can arrange something.”  He smiled up at her.  She was still blushing, but she was also smiling back. 

“Well, what did you have in mind?” 

“Meet me in the stairwell at 3,” Jim said before taking a bite of his ham and cheese. 

“I’ll be looking forward to it,” she said nonchalantly.   

They spent the rest of lunch talking about Pam’s idea for them to apply to “The Amazing Race.”  She was excited, Jim, not so much. 

After they had finished lunch, Pam went back to reception and Jim went back to his desk.  They kept glancing at each another and smiling.  They were both silently thinking about their 3 o’clock "meeting" that afternoon.   

About 2:30, Pam was so engrossed in her game that she didn’t even notice when Dwight walked up to her desk. 

“May I have a word, please?” Dwight whispered to Pam as he leaned over her desk.    

“Sure,” she replied, looking up at him quizzically.  

“Privately,” Dwight said sternly, cocking his head towards the door. 

“Oh, yeah,” Pam said as she stood up and walked around her desk, following Dwight out into the hallway.  Jim was staring at her with a curious expression on his face.  Pam shrugged her shoulders as she walked by him.  He smiled at her with a “Tell Me Everything When You Get Back” look in his eyes.  She winked at him before disappearing into the hallway.   

Pam walked out through the Dunder Mifflin door and started looking around for Dwight.  She saw him pacing back and forth in the corner by the elevator.   

“Hey, is everything okay?” Pam asked. 

“No Pam.  I’m extremely concerned.” Dwight said quickly. 

“What about?  Is there anything I can do?” She was trying to sound as concerned as possible. 

“Yes, I need you to ask you a few things.  First, what type of cake have you ordered for Angela’s birthday tomorrow?  Second, what activities do you have planned for her party?  Third, when will you be hanging the cat decorations she requested?  Fourth,” 

“—Dwight!  Calm down!  I have everything under control,” Pam said.  “Shit”! She thought.  “How could I have forgotten about Angela’s birthday party?!  I was supposed to be in charge of it!”   

“Well as third in command of the Party Planning Committee, I would expect you to be fully prepared,” Dwight said matter-of-factly.  Pam had completely forgotten that she was in charge of doing EVERYTHING for Angela’s birthday.  Angela, who was head of the Party Planning Committee, said it was against the rules for her to plan her own party.  Phyllis, according to Angela, was not capable of planning an appropriate party, so all of the responsibility fell on Pam. 

“Dwight, I have everything taken care of.  I’ve ordered the cake and I’m picking it up tomorrow on my lunch break.  Also, I already have the decorations and Phyllis is going to help put them up tomorrow before the party.  There’s no need for you to worry, Dwight.  You can trust me.”  Pam placed her hand gently on Dwight’s shoulder as she spoke. 

“Pam, I knew I could trust you,” Dwight said.         

“Thanks, Dwight.  That means a lot,” Pam said, trying hard to convince Dwight that she had everything under control.  The two walked back inside the office together and Jim was the only one who had noticed their absence.  Jim looked at Pam quizzically as she walked to her desk.  She rolled her eyes and gave him a look that said “I’ll explain later.”  He nodded his head in understanding.   

When 3 o’clock rolled around, Pam sat at her desk and waited for Jim to make the first move.  She watched him as he got up and walked out into the hallway, towards the stairwell.  Pam let a few minutes pass to make sure no one was watching before she followed him.  When she opened the door to the stairwell, Jim was sitting on the top step.   

“Hey, you,” she said as she walked around him and sat down a few steps below him. 

“Glad you could make it,” he said.  “I didn’t know if you and Dwight had another meeting planned or something.”   

“Oh god, let me tell you about that.  He is all worried about Angela’s birthday party tomorrow.  I am supposed to be in charge because Angela doesn’t trust Phyllis and I totally forgot.  I lied to Dwight and told him I had everything under control.  He is really freaking out.” 

“Man, I’m sorry I am going to miss that party,” Jim said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. 

“Well, I wouldn’t stress about it too much,” Pam said as she started fumbling with Jim belt buckle. 

“I’m sure you’ll be able to handle it by yourself,” he said, as he sat back and let Pam do her thing. 

“I can definitely handle it,” she said as she untucked his shirt and unbuttoned his pants. 

“You really think you can?” he asked.  Pam stared him directly in the eyes as she slipped her hand in Jim’s pants and then his boxers. 

“I know I can handle it,” she smirked before she put Jim’s dick in her mouth.  She worked slowly at first, taking her time and licking him up and down.  She flicked her tongue on his tip, which made him moan maybe a bit too loud because it echoed loudly in the stairwell.  It made Pam giggle a little before she filled her mouth with Jim’s now throbbing penis.  He ran his fingers through her hair and gripped tight.  She was now moving him in and out so fast Jim didn’t think he would last much longer.   

“Fuck….Pammm,” he moaned and she took his balls in her hand to gently massage them. 

“I’m so close…..please don’t stop.” She had no intention of stopping now.  She couldn’t explain it, but she really got off when he came in her mouth.  It made her feel….powerful.  She slowed down and started moving her tongue all around while still keeping him in her mouth.  Jim grunted softly as Pam tasted his cum in her mouth.  She sucked on him hard until he was completely empty.   

“Pam, you are a naughty, naughty girl.  I love it,” Jim said as he stood up and began preparing himself to go back into the office.   

“Yeah well, what can I say,” Pam replied, wiping her mouth off with the back of her hand.  “You didn’t have to mess my hair up so bad.  It’s all knotty!  I’m going to look so obvious when I go back in there.” 

“Yes, probably.  Your cheeks are extra pink, too.”  He smiled at her as she attempted to fix her hair. 

“Shit,” she said.  “I’m gonna go down to the car and try to fix myself up a bit.” 

“I think that’s a good idea,” he said as he handed her the car keys from his pants pocket. 

“Okay, well thanks for this.  It’s been fun.  I hope you enjoyed,” she said.  They were standing in front of the elevator and Jim leaned down and kissed her forehead. 

“You are a goddess.  I love you.  But please go do something with that hair,” he teased as she walked on the elevator.  She laughed.        

“See you in a few,” she said before the elevator doors closed.  Jim winked at her and walked into the office.  It was silent and no one even noticed the huge, goofy grin occupying Jim’s face when he sat down. 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

 

It was Friday morning and Pam couldn’t remember the last time she had driven to work by herself.  It was weird.  She didn’t like it – it made her feel lonely.  Jim had left their house at the same time she did to drive down to Philadelphia for the weekend.  As sad as she was that he would be gone for a few days, she knew that she’d be able to get some work done on her sketches for the Jane McElroy book.  She only had a week left until her meeting and she had a few more ideas she wanted to work on.   

Dwight and Angela were the only two in the office when she arrived.  She said hi to both and immediately went into the kitchen to make some tea.  When her tea was finished, she carried it back to her desk and sat down.  As she was getting her things ready for the day she glanced down at her calendar.  It was indeed Angela’s birthday today.  She turned her attention to her computer screen, when she noticed something on her calendar.  She glanced down at it and noticed that the Monday from this week had a huge red square drawn around it. 

“Oh, fuck,” she whispered to herself as Michael and Phyllis walked in the office.   

“Hey Pam, morning,” Michael said, walking right by her desk and directly into his office.  She looked up, her eyes wide, but she didn’t say anything. She looked back down at the day circled on her calendar.  She should be on her period NOW, and she wasn’t.  Since Pam had gotten her first period, she had never, ever, not once in her entire life been even one day late for her period.   

Maybe I’m just freaking out.  Just because I’m late doesn’t mean I’m pregnant,” she thought.  “I’m probably just stressed about my illustrations for the book.  Yeah…..that’s it.”  

She was on birth control, but she knew that she didn’t always take them at the same time everyday, and there were some days she just completely forgot to take them altogether.  She racked her brain trying to figure out when she could have gotten pregnant.  She laughed out loud when she realized that she and Jim had sex almost everyday.  They had a very active sex life, something they were both very proud of, so it could have been any of those times.  Phyllis walked up to her desk and started talking about the preparations for Angela’s party.   

“So I was thinking I will start with the decorations when you go out to get the cake,” Phyllis said, starring down at Pam. 

“Oh, yeah.  That sounds great,” Pam replied. 

“Okay, well I better get back to work,” Phyllis said quietly before walking away. 

Pam could not concentrate on anything that morning.  She kept putting her hand on her stomach hoping to feel something, even though she knew if there was anything in there, she definitely would not be able to feel it yet.   

Noon finally arrived and Pam almost ran out of the office.  She drove frantically to Wegman’s and headed straight for the Pharmacy section once inside.  After searching up and down 5 aisles, she finally found the pregnancy tests on the same row as the tampons. 

How ironic,” she thought. It seemed that there were hundreds of white, pink, and blue boxes.  She saw the phrases “rapid results” and “early response” on one of the boxes and grabbed it without a second look.  

This one will have to do for now,” she said to herself.  

Her next stop was the bakery.  Since she had completely forgotten about Angela’s birthday and never ordered a cake, she had to pick from one of the pre-made, pre-decorated ones.  She decided on one with yellow cake and chocolate icing and pink, yellow, blue, and green icing decorations.  She nicely asked the lady behind the counter if she could write “Happy Birthday Angela” on the cake quickly.  Pam was not able to stand still while she waited.  All she could think about was getting to a restroom and taking the pregnancy test she was holding in her hand. When the cake was finished, Pam thanked the lady and walked towards the front of the store to check out.  She grabbed a large bottle of water out of the cooler and placed it on the check-out counter next to the cake and pregnancy test.  She tried to avoid looking at the cashier and practically ran out of the store after she paid.   

The drive back to the office was agonizingly slow.  She drank the entire bottle of water she had just purchased in the car and already felt like she had to pee.  When she was finally back, she put her purse (with the test safely hidden inside) behind her desk and took the cake in the conference room.  She complemented Phyllis on the decorations and then told everyone it was time to gather in the conference room to start the party.  Her coworkers slowly filed in and started talking. 

When she didn’t think anyone would notice, she slipped out and ran to her desk and grabbed the bag containing the test.  She snuck in the restroom unnoticed by anyone and locked herself in one of the stalls.  Frantically, she unwrapped the test and squatted down to pee on the little stick.   When she was done, she looked at the directions, still holding the stick.  They said the results would appear in approximately one minute.  She could have sworn it was the longest minute of her life.  She finally looked down at the results on the pee stick and her jaw dropped. 

Positive.   

Holy shit,” Pam thought.  “I’m pregnant.”  

Pam was frozen in the stall.  She couldn’t move or even think.  Five minutes passed before she realized she couldn’t just stand in the bathroom all day.  She walked out of the stall and put all evidence of the pregnancy test in the paper bag from the store.  The last thing she wanted was for someone here to find it and cause an uproar in the office.  She walked out of the restroom and headed for her desk.  She put the bag in her purse and walked as casually as she could back into the conference room just in time to sing “Happy Birthday” to Angela.  She couldn’t stop smiling.   

End Notes:

Whew, that was long.  I hope you guys liked it.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what you think.

 

Coming up....Pam goes to the doctor.  Stay tuned!!

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3566