Days Of The Office by ExtremelyGruntled
Summary: This is just a silly post-finale story based on an exaggeration of the premise that The Office is becoming just like a soap opera.  Yeah, that is not an accusation that should be thrown around lightly.  ;)
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Ensemble
Genres: Drunk Pam/Jim, Humor, Parody
Warnings: Adult language, Mild sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 7341 Read: 15580 Published: May 26, 2008 Updated: September 06, 2008
Story Notes:

You may think this should be classified as BadFic, and you may be right.   

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Like sands through the hourglass... by ExtremelyGruntled

2. Comas R Us by ExtremelyGruntled

3. Hey, you're supposed to be dead! by ExtremelyGruntled

4. Amnesia! by ExtremelyGruntled

5. You'll never get away with this! by ExtremelyGruntled

6. NOOOO!! by ExtremelyGruntled

7. How can this be? by ExtremelyGruntled

Like sands through the hourglass... by ExtremelyGruntled

It's a Monday morning.  Jim Halpert walks into the office, dejected.  And bearded.  He pulls a bottle of vodka from his desk drawer and takes a swig.

~
Jim:  Yeah, so I didn't get to propose to Pam because Andy proposed to Angela at that exact second.  So of course, my chance was blown because Pam had to leave to go to art school right away.  Like literally two minutes later.  And she went to New York and must have been mad at me, because when I didn't hear from her for three weeks I drove up there to surprise her, and I found her in bed with some guy named Paolo that works as a nude model at her school.  So after that, I became an alcoholic.  (He raises a flask and toasts the camera).

~

A few minutes later Dwight walks in and lays his briefcase on his desk.

"Good morning, Jim," he says pleasantly.  "Enjoying your breakfast?"

Jim burps in return and takes another gulp before he goes back to playing solitaire.

~
Dwight:  Things are going well for me these days.  Why do you ask?
~

He glances over at Angela, who returns his gaze with a lascivious smile.  Andy approaches her desk with a bright grin and says, "Good morning, my sweet.  I trust you had a great time at your Bible study group last night and again this morning?"

Angela nods and says, "Of course, dear."

Andy hands her a piece of paper.  "Here is my expense report for the month.  I attached Phyllis's too.  Shame about that."

"Yes, a true shame."  She steals another look at Dwight, who is fighting a small smile.

~
Angela:  Phyllis?  Oh, she had, um, an accident.  She's been in a coma for weeks now.  Never knew what hit her.  Poor thing.
~

After Andy walks back to his desk, stepping over Jim, who has passed out on the floor, Dwight goes over to Angela and says, "Angela, I have a question about some... forms.  In the supply closet."  She nods with understanding, and follows him back to the newly discovered supply closet behind the conference room.  They both walk by the unaware Andy, who is singing an a cappella version of Rocket Man to himself.

Michael emerges from his office, looks at the reception desk littered with paper as the phone rings, and sighs, "I knew I should have hired a replacement for Pam."

~
Michael:  Oh, Jan?  She's great.  Feeling good.  Getting big.  Really big.  Uncomfortably big, actually.  But it's all good.  I am totally okay with it being the baby of some anonymous sperm donor.  (beat)  What?
~

Michael kicks Jim in the head.  "Wake up, Jimboree." 

"Huh?  Oh, sorry."  Jim hoists himself back into the chair. 

"Still bummed about....?"

"Pam."

"Oh yeah, Pam.  Hey, do you have any advice?"

"Advice for how to have your heart ripped out and spat upon?"

"No, about having an ex-girlfriend show up with a baby."

Jim stares at him.  Michael stares back.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, um, forget I said anything."  Michael heads back to his office.

~
Michael:  Oops, I guess I forgot to give Jim that memo that was accidentally sent to me about Karen's maternity leave.
~

Dwight and Angela are having sex in the supply closet.

"Oh D!"

"Oh Monkey!"

"This can't go on!  He may find out!"

"Let him!  Then the world will know of our love!"

"Shhh... someone's coming!"

Stanley opens the door to the supply closet, looks at Dwight and Angela, mumbles, "Mmm-hmmm," grabs a box of pens, and moseys back to his desk.

Dwight and Angela exchange a look. 

-----

The next morning...

~
Michael:  I can't believe Stanley's in a coma too!  Geez, they're dropping like flies around here.  Maybe I should have had the building checked for radon.
~

A guy in his late teens walks into the office.  "Hi, I'm here from the temp agency for the receptionist position," he says to Jim, who is drinking something directly out of the spout of a teal-colored teapot.  Jim hiccups and yells, "Michael, yer temp's here."

Michael hurries out and greets the temp, who is unnaturally gorgeous and is named Tiger.   He shows Tiger the reception area and tells him to make himself at home.  Tiger raises an eyebrow to the camera and says, "Oh, I will."

Meanwhile, in prison, Ryan Howard is being given back his possessions in preparation for his early release. 

~
Ryan:  If it's the last thing I do, I will make sure Jim Halpert gets what's coming to him.  (He laughs in a somewhat maniacal way but his breath hitches and he starts to cough instead).
~

Andy is talking to Jim in the kitchen.  "Dude, no offense, but you reek and you really need to shave."

Jim starts to cry.  "Why?  My life just isn't worth living anymore!"

Andy looks around uncomfortably as Jim embraces him and sobs into his shoulder.

Kelly opens the door to the kitchen and rolls her eyes.

~
Kelly:  Jim is like such a girl.  I can totally see why Pam was screwing around on him.  Whatever.
~

A dark shadowy figure appears in the parking lot.  The person's face is hidden as he or she manages to affix a note to the windshield of Jim's silver SAAB before disappearing into the shadows of the Scranton Business Park. 

The staff is leaving for the day.  Dwight offers to give Angela a ride to her Bible study group.  Andy happily accepts and waves them goodbye.  Jim staggers out wielding a bottle of red wine and goes to get into his car, but stops short when he sees the note.  He picks it up and studies it, and then a look of shock crosses his face.


Next time, on Days Of The Office...

Will Ryan follow through on his evil plans?

Will Dwight and Angela ever get caught?

Will Jim find out who left him the note?  And more importantly, will we learn what it said exactly?  Or will the mystery be dragged on and on for many more episodes?

 

Comas R Us by ExtremelyGruntled

Dwight and Angela are standing in the kitchen, not making eye contact. Angela whispers, "I'm late."

"Late for what?"

She looks around and glares at him.

"Oh."

"He'll know. He thinks I'm..." - she looks around to make sure no one is looking - "a virgin."

Dwight smiles. "Well, maybe we should just forget the whole thing..."

"No! I have to marry him. Otherwise we'll never get that money!" She turns and storms out of the kitchen.

~
Andy: Yes, I got a gigantic inheritance after my parents were killed in that ferris wheel accident. Why do you ask?
~

Jim's beard has gotten bigger. He is frantically looking at something on the internet while drinking from a large brandy glass at his desk.

~
Jim: I can't tell you why, but I think things may not have been what they seemed when I walked in on Pam and her Latin lover. I have to do some googling to make sure.
~

Michael is sitting at his desk leafing through a Babies R Us catalog. He calls out to Jim. Jim walks into his office and shuts the door.

"What's up?"

"I am not sure what theme we should do the nursery in. I mean, I like this Noah's Ark one but is it too controversial?"

Jim stares at him blankly. "Okay then," he says as he gets up to leave.

"No wait," Michael says. Jim sits back down. "Let me take you to lunch."

"Nah, I'm okay, I just..."

"Oh, it's my treat, my friend. We can go to Hooter's, like olden times!"

Jim sighs. Suddenly there's a knock at the door and Tiger enters. "Michael, there's a call for you from corporate."

"Eh. Okay," he says and dismisses Tiger with a half wave.

Tiger leaves and looks at the camera in a sinister manner. Jim follows him out as Michael picks up his phone.

"Oh Jim," Tiger says. "This came for you while you were passed out in the breakroom earlier." He hands Jim an envelope. Jim turns away from him and anxiously opens it.

A note falls out onto his lap. Attached to it is a yogurt lid. The note says simply, "You have to help her."

Jim grabs his jacket and rushes out of the office.

Meanwhile, Dwight and Angela are in the ladies' room making out. Meredith walks in to use the bathroom but takes one look at them and turns around to leave.

Dwight sighs. "I'll take care of this one."

---

"Meredith too? Do you think it's the asbestos?" Michael is shaking his head as the ambulance pulls away. They are all standing outside in the parking lot.

"Could be," says Dwight with a smirk.

"Where is Jim, anyway? Don't tell me he's in a coma too."

Tiger speaks up. "Jim ran out of here earlier after he got a mysterious note."

"A mysterious note? Really? What did it say?" Michael asks.

Tiger growls, "If I knew that, it wouldn't be mysterious, would it?"

Michael rolls his eyes.

~
Michael: That kid bugs me. And he seems sort of familiar. Anyway, I think I'm going to call the temp agency to replace him. (he pauses) Wait, I don't remember calling the temp agency to hire him to begin with...
~

Meanwhile, Jim reaches Pam's apartment in New York. He rushes in to find her naked in bed with Paolo again.

"Sorry man, can you give us a minute?" he says, trying to catch his breath. Paolo looks indignant but Pam nods so he reluctantly leaves the bedroom.

"I know what's going on here," Jim starts, but Pam interrupts.

"Jim, let me explain..."

"No, you don't get to explain." Suddenly, he whips out a gun and points it at her.

"JIM!"

"Where is she?" Jim demands.

"Who?" Pam whimpers.

"You know who!" he hisses.

A look of recognition passes over Pam's face.

---
Back at the office, everyone (or at least everyone who is left) is back at their desks. Andy looks concerned.

~
Andy: I don't know, it just seems weird. I mean one person falls into a mysterious coma for no apparent reason - that I can understand. But then two more? Something is fah-reaky about this.
~
~
Kelly: Oh my God, if I go into a coma I will be so pissed. There's a new episode of The Hills on that I just can't miss, and my DVR is broken and the cable guy can't come out until next Tuesday. (She sighs) I knew I should have gotten Tivo instead.
~
~
Creed: I was in a coma once. For five weeks. That was some of the best sleep I've ever had. I recommend it.
~

A police officer is talking to Michael in his office.

"I don't know! I mean, we found Phyllis the day after she planned a big party, and I just thought the excitement got to her. And then Stanley, he was just drinking his coffee... and now Meredith."

"Sir, we suspect foul play. Has anyone in this office been acting suspicious lately?"

"No. Well, not really." He hesitates.

"Go on," the cop says.

"Well, Jim Halpert... he's been kind of depressed lately. Grew a big beard and drinks at his desk all day. But he's just heartbroken, that's all. His girl was schlepping some Spanish nude guy."

"Can we speak to this Jim?"

"Ah, well, he ran out of here earlier. Kind of suspiciously... actually..." He trails off.

The cop quickly talks into his radio. "We need to put out an APB..."

~
Michael: Nah, I don't think Jim did this. He's not capable of violence.
~

Paolo lies on the floor, knocked out by one magnificently timed blow to the back of the head with Jim's pistol. Pam is tied to a chair, whimpering.

"Don't do this, Jim!"

"Don't tell me what to do! I don't even know you."

"You're just messed up, with all the drinking you've been doing..." She tries to reason with him but he cuts her off by duct taping her mouth shut, then he gets to work on tying up the unconscious Paolo. When he's done, he pulls up a chair and sits down in front of Pam, looking her in the eye.

"Now, tell me where the real Pam is."

Join us next time when Jim discovers the truth, Michael discovers the registry at Babies R Us, and someone else discovers Dwight and Angela.

Hey, you're supposed to be dead! by ExtremelyGruntled

Holly knocks on Michael's door.

"Ugh, what?" he snaps, then immediately apologizes.  "Sorry, I was just having a Toby flashback.  What's up?"

"Well, speaking of Toby, I think maybe it's time to talk it out with your staff.  Between what happened with Toby and all the mysterious comas, and now Jim possibly an attempted murderer, people are a little stressed."

"What do you mean?  No one even remembers Toby."

"Um, Michael, he was killed in a fiery plane crash over the jungles of Costa Rica, and that was only like a month ago.  People remember."

Michael sighs loudly and gets up from his seat.  He walks out into the main office and announces, "Everyone in the conference room - five minutes!"

~
Michael:  I can see why people are upset about Phyllis and Stanley and Meredith.... well, maybe not Meredith, so much... but Toby?  No one liked him anyway.  He was the worst.
~

In the conference room, half of the seats are empty.  Everyone looks distraught.  Michael takes a breath and starts.

"Okay, Holly has suggested we need a morale booster, what with all the tragedy lately."  Everyone just stares.  "Okay, the good news is that if Jim is the culprit, he's on the run now so he can't kill any more of us."

"Michael, they're not dead," Angela says flatly.  "It wasn't... murder."  She looks around quickly then gazes down at her hands before muttering, "Murder is a sin."

"Murder, attempted murder, whatevs," Michael replies dismissively.

Kevin speaks up.  "But what if it wasn't Jim?  I don't think Jim had a motive to do away with all those people."

Holly smiles sweetly at him.  "Have you been watching Law and Order, Kevin?"

He looks back at her questioningly and slowly answers, "Uh, sometimes..."

Oscar pipes up. "And if it wasn't Jim, that means it was someone else here in this office."

Everyone gasps and looks around suspiciously at one another.

"I want to state for the record that I have never attempted to murder anyone at any point in time," Angela says sternly.  Dwight just stares at the floor and keeps strangely quiet.

"So who would have a motive?" asks Michael.  "Damn it, I wish Jim and Pam were here.  They would know what to do."

"Michael, Jim is the prime suspect," Holly reminds him.

"I know, Holly,"  Michael snaps, then catches himself.  "Sorry, I just meant... nevermind."  He stands up.  "Well, if we're done here I have to go meet Jan down at the B-R-U so we can register for our shower."

"B-R-U?" says Oscar.

"Babies R Us, Oscar, but of course as a gay man, you wouldn't know that..."  Oscar just rolls his eyes as everyone else gets up to leave.

"Well, that was productive," mumbles Holly under her breath.

As they leave the room, Andy's cell phone rings.  He picks it up and answers "Andrew Bernard here."

"Andy, it's Jim."  Andy opens his mouth to say something, "Don't say my name!  Just pretend you're talking to a client."

Andy nods slowly and says, "Okay, sir, let me look that up for you."  He sits down at his desk.

"First of all, I know they think I am behind all the attempted murders that have been happening, but I can assure you, it's not me," Jim says gruffly.

"Okay,"  Andy shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"I need you to do me a favor."

"And why would I do that, praytell?" Andy retorts.

"Because I know what happened to your parents on the ferris wheel that night was no accident!"

The blood drains from Andy's face.

~
Andy:  They weren't my real parents anyway, so it wasn't a big loss.  They were loaded though. (he grins)
~

"What do you want?"  Andy asks Jim.

"I need your private jet."

"Where are you taking it?"

Jim pauses, and then answers, "Costa Rica."

When he finishes talking to Andy and hangs up the phone, he turns back to Pam.  "Okay, it's all arranged.  Now I'm listening."

"First of all, you do know me!  It's me, Katy!"

He stares at her, expressionless. 

"Katy, remember?  We dated a few years ago?  You dumped me on the boat?"

"Oh yeah!  Katy!"  He nods and snaps his fingers.

She glares at him but continues with her story.  "I was so in love with you that I pined for a year or so, and then I decided to win you back.  But it would take a lot of surgery to look just the way you'd want me to.  You know, like... her."

"That is... the stupidest thing I've ever heard."  He shakes his head in disgust.  "So how did you manage the rest of it?  Getting rid of Pam?"

Katy smiles slyly and says, "You may want to sit down for this one."

---

In a bungalow on the edge of the rainforest, the real Pam Beesly is locked in a back room.  There is only a small bed and a chair in the room.  She paces back and forth for a moment before knocking on the door.

"Hey!" she yells, to her unseen captor.  "I have to pee!"

An ominous yet whiny voice answers from the other side of the door.  "Again?"

She hears the sound of the door unlocking, and it slowly opens, revealing one Toby Flenderson, standing in the doorway, very much alive.

---

Meanwhile, at Babies R Us, Michael is having a grand ol' time scanning merchandise with the handheld scanner.  "This thing is the best!" he shouts gleefully.  Jan rolls her eyes and keeps walking.

Back at the office, everyone has left early for the day.  Everyone, that is, except Dwight and Angela.  Once they think the coast is clear, they go into the conference room for an afternoon delight.  But just as things are getting hot and heavy, a familiar voice booms through the office outside.

"Angela, my sweet!  You still here?"  Andy stops as he reaches the conference room door, which was conveniently left open.  His eyes fall upon his supposedly virginal fiancee, doing the naked pretzel with Dwight K. Schrute.  They are all speechless.

Until next time!

Will Jim and Katy-Pam find Pam in the Costa Rican jungle before it's too late?

Will Michael register for three different kinds of breast pump?

Will Andy punch a hole in the wall and/or Dwight?
Amnesia! by ExtremelyGruntled
Jim is hacking through the jungle with a machete.  Katy follows him, her hands tied together with rope. 

"Boy, that was a heck of a plane ride wasn't it?" she says conversationally.  "Don't you think that pilot looked like Anthony Geary?"

"Who?" Jim asks, only half listening.  He is drenched with sweat and his clothes are all ragged and practically falling off of him.

"Nevermind..." Katy replies with a sigh.  "Are we there yet?"

"You tell me," he sneers.  "You're the one involved in a plot to kidnap my girlfriend and assume her identity."

"I told you, he was very persuasive.  I had a tough childhood and, hey, might I remind you that you are, right at this moment, kidnapping me?  You're not perfect."

"Shut up," he barks.  She does.

~
Jim:  Yeah, Katy told me the whole story - she ran into Toby at the camera store and he thought she was Pam, until she explained that she was really Katy and was just waiting for the perfect moment to surprise me with her new look.  Anyway, they got to talking and formulated this whole elaborate plan to kidnap Pam, fake Toby's death, assume Pam's identity, have me catch her *bleep*ing someone else, and then... wait, I think I just confused myself... Okay, so none of it makes any sense, but here we are just the same.  [he shrugs]
~

Michael is sitting at his desk with an elaborate system of tubing and machine parts spread out before him.  He's trying to stick one end of a tube into another part and is getting frustrated.  Dwight walks in and says, "Breast pump?"

Michael glances up at him.  "How did you know?"

~
Dwight:  Just because I am a beet farmer does not mean we didn't have a dairy cow.  We had a lovely cow named Gerdrut.  She was like a kind, gentle friend to our family.  [he grins slightly with an air of nostalgia]  And she made some excellent steak later when her milk dried up.
~

"So Jan wanted me to put this together for her, but it's so complicated!"  He slams his fist onto his desk in frustration.

Just then Tiger knocks on his door.  "Michael, the police are here again."  Michael grunts with exasperation and Dwight quickly exits.

Before the officer can say anything, Michael says, "Look, I told you, I don't know where Jim Halpert is, and even if I did, I might not tell you because I don't think he did what it is that you think he did."

"Actually," the cop says, "we need to talk to Andrew Bernard.  Any idea where he might be?"

Michael furrows his brow and walks to the door, looking out to Andy's desk.  It was exactly the way Andy had left it the day before.  "That's weird," Michael mumbles.

"Sorry?"

"Well, it's weird that Andy's not here.  Oh no!  Has there been another coma?  See, that would prove that Jim didn't do it!  What did I tell you?  I knew he didn't have it in him."  He pauses, waits, and blurts, "That's what she said!"

Just then, Andy walks into the office.  His expression is totally blank as he heads straight to his desk.

"There's Andy now!" Michael says, and the officer approaches.

"Mr. Andrew Bernard?" 

Andy just stares. 

"Uh, Andy, this police officer wanted to talk to you," Michael explains, but Andy doesn't say anything.  "Andy?"

"Oh yeah.  Hey, what's up?"  Andy smiles slightly but it looks more like a grimace.

"You okay, buddy?"

"Yeah, I think so... just disoriented, you know, from all the Christmas shopping I did over the weekend."

Michael furrows his brow in confusion. "Uh... it's June."

"Ha!  That's a good one, Michael."  He looks around to share a laugh with his officemates, and notices hardly anyone is there.  "Hey, where is everyone?  Taking time off for the holidays?"

~
Michael:  So it turns out, Andy has amnesia.  He has forgotten everything that has happened in the past six months.   I'm actually kind of... jealous.
~

Dwight and Angela are in the kitchen, once again not making eye contact.

"It was the only way," Dwight whispers.  "We couldn't put him in a coma; it would be too suspicious."

"Oh, and spontaneous amnesia isn't suspicious?" Angela replies bitterly.  "Plus now he doesn't even remember proposing to me, so we'll have to start all over!"  She flounces out of the kitchen in a huff.

Andy smiles at her as she heads back to her desk.  "Hey sweetheart, I have some big plans for our two-month anniversary coming up!"

She shakes her head and continues to her seat. 

---
Meanwhile, in the Costa Rican rainforest, Jim and Katy have arrived at the bungalow.  Jim looks for a way to sneak inside, but Katy just opens the door. 

"Hello?  Anyone home?"

Toby appears in the doorway.  "Pam?  But you were..." he gestures to the back room. 

"Oh I just had to pee," Katy says, winking to Jim who is not in Toby's line of sight.  Jim mutters, "Yeah, real convincing" under his breath.

Toby looks puzzled and says, "But we have a bathroom."

"Oh well, you know, fresh air and all that..."

"But it's a hundred and five degrees outside," he continues to argue.

Jim sighs and steps into view with his gun pointed at Toby.  "Enough!" he says grouchily.  "This has been the worse day ever.  Just tell me where Pam is."

Toby is shocked and reels backwards, tripping over a chair and falling to the floor.  Jim grabs him and punches him in the face. 

"OW!  Jim!  Why'd you do that?"

"That was for faking your death and kidnapping my girlfriend.  Now tell me where she is."  Toby, looking sullen, points to the back room.  Jim runs to the door and opens it, revealing Pam asleep on the bed.

"Pam?" he says softly.

She bolts upright, trying to focus on him.  "Jim?  Is that you?"

He rushes to her side.  "Yes, it's me!"  They embrace and he leans in to kiss her.  After a moment she breaks away, laughing.  "No offense but you could use a mint.  And a shower.  And a razor..."

He smiles at her.  "I know.  I don't care.  I'm just so glad to find you."  They hug again, lost in their reunion, when they suddenly hear a maniacal laugh at the door. 

Toby is standing there with Jim's gun pointed directly at them.

"You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?"

Next time on Days Of The Office...

Will Jim and Pam escape from Toby's clutches?

Will Andy remember proposing to Angela?

Will someone wake up out of a coma and expose a secret or two?


You'll never get away with this! by ExtremelyGruntled
Katy is standing at Toby's shoulder, looking down at her nails.  "Damn it!  I just got a manicure before Jim kidnapped me."

Jim glares at her.  Pam looks at Jim questioningly.

"Katy," he says simply.  When the expression on her face doesn't change, he says, "Long story.  I'll explain later when we're not in mortal peril."

"Shut up!" Toby bellows.  When everyone falls silent he takes the opportunity to start monologuing.   "I've loved you ever since that day that Kevin told me you were available, Pam.  Every single day I watched you, hoping that one day you would notice me.  I even started drinking chai lattes because of you!  I did it all for you, Pam.  And when you started sleeping with Jim, I just couldn't take it anymore.  I know that one day I would make you mine."  He pauses momentarily.  "I just wasn't sure when that day would be.  Until I saw you in the Best Buy - "

"Circuit City," corrects Katy, now filing her nails.

" - Circuit City... then my whole plan came together."

Pam looks at him, disgusted.  "Michael was right about you the whole time."

He nods.  "Well, yeah."  He shrugs.  "Now, to finish what I started..."  He points the gun at Jim.

"Nooo!"  Pam yells, clutching Jim.  "You'll have to kill me first."

Suddenly Katy pounces on Toby, stabbing him in the arm with her nail file.  Jim takes the opportunity to try to seize the gun.  The two men struggle, and the gun goes off.  They look each other in the eye.  Uh-oh.

---
In the meantime, Andy is sitting in the conference room talking to Angela.  He is obviously distressed.

"But... but... we were so good together!" he pleads.

She shakes her head, and replies with the utmost insincerity, "It's not you, it's me."

~
Andy:  Angela dumped me.  She dumped me!  After all we've been through together.  And I was going to take her to my Here Comes Treble reunion show next weekend.  [he sobs into his hand]
~
~
Angela:  I just couldn't go through that again.
~

Dwight and Angela are in the breakroom, not making eye contact.  Again.  Dwight says casually, "So did you..."

"Yes, it's done."  She looks around.  "On to plan B."

Dwight smiles, still not looking at her, then a puzzled expression falls upon his face.  "Er... what's plan B?"

Angela smirks and turns to leave.  "You'll see."

---

Michael is talking to the police again.  "What now?"

"Well, sir, it seems that one of the coma victims has woken up."

"Really?  That's great!  Which one?"

"Mrs. Vance.  The only problem is that she is not talking.  She seems to be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder."

Michael looks concerned.  "From whatever put her in the coma?"

"Yes.  Or whatever happened moments before that event, which has apparently caused major psychological damage."

Dwight is lurking outside Michael's door.  He hears bits of conversation and looks panicked.

Michael nods as if he knows what the cop is talking about.  "Have you had any leads on Jim?" he asks.

The cop replies, "Yes, we tracked Andy Bernard's plane to Costa Rica, so that's where he headed after allegedly kidnapping Miss Beesly."

~
Michael:  I can't believe Jim kidnapped Pam.  He always seemed so level-headed.  That's way over the top, in my opinion.  [he pauses]  I mean, Pam wasn't even the hottest girl he has dated.  She'd be like, third.
~

Phyllis is lying in her hospital bed with Bob Vance at his side.  Michael enters the room and clears his throat. Bob Vance glances at Michael, then stands up and kisses Phyllis on the forehead.  "I'll be right outside if you need me," he says.  He turns and exits the room, glaring ever so slightly at Michael on his way out.

"Hey Phyllis, how you doing?" Michael asks.

"I've been better," she mutters in return.

Michael smiles, but it's forced.  "So... the cops thought maybe if I talked to you I might be able to help you remember."

Phyllis turns away and whispers, "I don't want to remember."

"Okay.  Well.  I tried." He turns to leave.  "Hey, hope you feel better.  And don't worry about work for now.  We've got you covered until Monday at least."

"Michael!" Phyllis calls out as he reaches the door.

"Yeah?"

"Just... watch yourself.  You could be next."

He is about to ask her to elaborate when Bob Vance appears and says, "Is that all for now, Scott?"

"Uh, yeah.  See you later."  He leaves, but there is a look of disquiet upon his face.

---
Andy is in the kitchen, with his head down on the table.  Kelly walks in and sees him.  "What's wrong with you?"

"Angela dumped me!" he moans.

At first she looks at him with disdain, but then she perks up.  "You should be glad.  Angela is, like, a super-bitch.  You deserve better."

He raises his head and looks at her.  "You really think so?"

She smiles and nods, pulling up a chair next to him.  "I mean like she is so judgmental.  Who wants to deal with that all the time?  Besides, you're kind of cute, for a big huge preppy dork.  I'm sure there are loads of girls that would go out with you."

Andy smiles.

---
Back in the Costa Rican bungalow, Jim and Toby finally part as the gun drops to the floor.  Jim looks down and sees his shirt is covered with blood, and there is a bullet hole in his right side.  Pam screams.  Katy screams.  Toby screams. 

Jim drops to the floor, his eyes shut.

What will become of our hero?  Join us next time to find out.  Or whatever.

NOOOO!! by ExtremelyGruntled
Author's Notes:
If you've never watched Days Of Our Lives, then this chapter probably makes even less sense than the previous ones. If you have watched DOOL, then here's to John Black!
Pam cries out as she cradles Jim's head in her arms. "Jim, please! No!"

"You killed Jim, you bastard!" Katy slaps Toby across the cheek.

"I... I'm sorry..." Toby seems stunned.

Suddenly a swat team rushes the bungalow, led by a US Marshal. Someone cuffs Toby and drags him off, while some medics attend to Jim. Pam is still crying. Katy tries to comfort her.

"Uh, which one of you is Pam Beesly?" asks the Marshal, looking at the picture he's holding and then up at the two identical women.

"I am," Pam manages to choke out. "Jim - "

"I know it's a bad time, but we have to know what happened here."

Pam is too shaken to speak, so Katy says, "Toby kidnapped Pam and then faked his death. Then Jim kidnapped me, but not in a bad way, and we came here - "

"What?" The Marshal looks confused.

The medics are loading Jim onto a stretcher. "I need to be with him," Pam says, still holding onto his hand. She follows them out to the helicopter which was conveniently waiting for them outside.

---

Much later, Michael bursts into the waiting room at the Scranton General Hospital. He sees Pam crying in a chair, and sits next to her to put his arm around her. She sniffles a few times and then manages to say, "They are operating right now. It doesn't look good. This is all my fault!"

Michael doesn't say anything for a minute, and then, hesitantly: "So I guess it's over between you and that naked Spanish guy?"

Pam stares at him. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Uh... the guy Jim caught you in bed with a few weeks ago, before he grew a beard and became a drunk..."

She looks at him, mouth open, unable to speak.

"Nevermind," Michael mutters, then adds with some false zeal, "I'm sure it will all work out!"

Just then they hear a voice. "I'm sorry to interrupt. I'm Dr. Carver. I'm the on-call surgeon-slash-pediatrician-slash-obstetrician-slash-podiatrist. I just finished the surgery. He is still out of it, but you can go in to see him now."

Pam looks at Michael, who nods. "I'll be here if you need me."

She walks slowly into the recovery room. Jim is hooked up to a bunch of wires and the machine is steadily beeping. She totally misses his spirit or essence or life force standing near the bed, yelling, "PAM! PAM! I'm here!"

~
Jim's Spirit: I mean, I was standing right there and she totally ignored me. What more could I do?
~

"I. FEEL. EVERYTHIIIIIINNNNGG!" Jim-as-would-be-ghost wails. It doesn't work. Pam grips his hand and sobs into it. "I'm not ready to let you go," she says softly.

---
Meanwhile, back at the office, Andy and Kelly emerge from Andy's Prius, their clothes all akimbo.

"Thanks," Andy says, winking at her. "You sure know how to cheer a guy up."

Kelly says, "You are totally welcome! That was, like, the best car sex I've had since Ryan dumped me... like two hours after we had car sex. He was such an asshole."

Andy nods and they walk back toward the building. When they get to the door he stops. "Oh shoot," he says, "I forgot my cell phone. I'll catch up, sweetiekins." He kisses her hand and she continues on inside. As he's walking back to the car, though, danger strikes in the form of a shadowy figure wearing ninja gear. The figure clocks Andy in the back of the head, which conveniently knocks him unconscious. The shadow-ninja then throws Andy's floppy body into the trunk of the Prius, pries the keys from his hands, and drives off.

Michael is still at the hospital when his cell phone rings.

"Hello? Oh hi Jan. - Yeah, I'll pick some up. - No I am not at improv. - I'm kind of having a bad week at work... - What do you mean, of course I care about you and the baby! But two of my employees are in comas, one just woke up, one got shot, one was kidnapped, and stupid Toby is not dead anymore. - Okay, okay, I'll pick some up on the way home." He hangs up the phone, exasperated.

~
Michael: What do you mean? Things are great with Jan. She just needs some ice cream, is all. [he sighs and gazes downward]
~

"Excuse me, are you Michael Scott?" The same Dr. Carver from earlier approaches him.

"Yes, sir. I mean ma'am. What is it?"

"Well, it seems that all of your employees that were in comas are now awake! Stanley Hudson and Meredith Palmer both simultaneously woke up, and, as a stroke of luck, they are in the same room!"

"Thank you, Dr. Carver!" Michael shouts, and heads to see Stanley and Meredith.

Stanley is sitting up doing a crossword puzzle, while Meredith is drinking something out of a large sippy cup. The detective is in the room with them, taking notes.

"And then what happened?"

"I told you," Stanley grumbles, "I drank my coffee and that's the last thing I remember."

"And I drank my... coffee too and just woke up here."

"So both of you witnessed this - " he checks his notes " - Dwight and Angela having inappropriate relations at work, and then you both drank something, and you both end up in comas?"

Michael chimes in, "Do you think it's all related somehow?"

"No, it's a total coincidence," the detective replies, rolling his eyes. "I'm going to go put out an arrest warrant for these two." He hurries out of the room.

Michael stands there for a moment. "Wait a minute, did you say Dwight and Angela?"

Meredith nods, Stanley says, "Mmm-hmmm," and Michael looks like he might gag. "Gross."

---
In Jim's room, things start beeping and the nurse comes running in.

"What's wrong?" Pam asks through her tears.

"He's coding. I have to fetch Dr. Carver." The nurse leaves. Jim's spirit yells, "NOOOO!"

Pam yells, "NOOOO!"

Dr. Carver rushes in. Jim has flatlined. The doctor turns to Pam, "Sorry, he's gone. Time of death, 16:05."

Pam screeches, "THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!"

~
Jim's Spirit: Do I feel dead? Not really. I have a feeling I'll be back. This is just a... minor bump in the road.
~

Is Jim really dead? What about Andy? Will Michael forget the ice cream on his way home?
How can this be? by ExtremelyGruntled
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's been so long since the last update!
It is a few days later.  Andy is still missing, and Jim is still dead.  Michael decides to hold a memorial service for both of them at the office.

"But Michael," Holly reminds him, "we don't know that Andy is dead."

"Well, he might as well be," Michael snaps.  "He hasn't shown up to work all week."

~
Michael:  Yeah, things have been a little tense lately and Holly and I haven't been getting along as well as we usually do, but it'll blow over.  I mean, at least she's no Toby.  That guy was a real creep.  I always thought orange was his color.  Glad he gets to wear it every day now.
~

Pam enters the office, dressed all in black.  She is sobbing into a handkerchief.  Everyone kind of murmurs their condolences.  Angela approaches and hesitantly offers her a brownie.  Pam shakes her head no.  Angela becomes indignant and storms off.

~
Angela:  I made them just for her.  It's not like I poisoned them or anything.
~

Kelly puts her arm around Pam.  "It's okay to cry.  I totally know how you feel.  I had this boyfriend once who I was going to marry but then he turned into a cokehead and got his ass thrown in jail."

"Kelly," Oscar says, "that's not really the same thing.  At all."

"Whatever, I was just trying to make her feel better."  Kelly rolls her eyes.

Michael walks out of his office and sees Pam.  He offers her a hug, then addresses the group.  "Let's go outside to the parking lot.  It's a beautiful day."

Everyone follows him and once in the parking lot they form a circle. 

"Okay, I'd like each of you to say something nice about Jim," Michael says, then adds, "And Andy, since he's probably dead too.  Phyllis, you go first."

Phyllis shyly glances around and says, "Jim was the nicest guy in the office.  He was always kind to me."  Everybody nods, and Phyllis continues, "And he had a great ass."

"Okay, next!" Michael says quickly.  "Stanley, your turn."

Stanley barely looks up from his crossword puzzle.  "Mmmmhhmm... I was told he did a good impression of me."  Everyone chuckles, even Pam.

Michael suddenly remembers.  "Oh yeah, what about Andy?"

Stanley is silent. 

"Kelly?" Michael prompts.

"Andrew Bernard was the best car sex I ever had."

"What?" Darryl says suddenly, having joined the group.  Kelly puts her hands over her mouth and stares wide-eyed at Darryl.  Everyone else is silent for a moment, until Michael yells "Next!"

"You know what?" Pam says.  "I'm not doing this anymore.  Jim was the love of my life and this is not the way he'd want to be remembered.  I'm... going."  She starts walking toward her car, but all of a sudden Tiger shouts, "Stop!"

Pam turns around.  The rest of the office workers are looking at Tiger.

"I have something to say," Tiger says.  He steps into the middle of the circle.  "I have been keeping it to myself for too long now."  There is a pregnant pause, and he continues, "Jim Halpert was my father."

~
Tiger:  Yes, it's true.  Karen Filippelli is my mom.  She gave me up for adoption when Jim dumped her.
~

"How is that even possible?"  Oscar asks, bewildered.  "You're, like, nineteen.  Jim is twenty-eight.  And Jim didn't even know Karen nineteen years ago.... when they were nine."

"Oscar, really," Michael says sternly.  "Do you have to pick on the kid?  His dad just died!  Come here, Tiger!"  He pulls Tiger into a hug.

Meanwhile, Pam is standing there, mouth agape, trying to figure out what is going on.

"No," she finally says, shaking her head.  "There's no way Jim had a baby with Karen.  He would have told me."

"He didn't know," Tiger explained. 

"But seriously," interrupts Oscar.  "Karen and Jim only stopped dating like a year ago..."

Dwight shakes his head with disgust at Oscar.  Oscar backs away, giving up. 

"I believe you, Tiger," Dwight says.

~
Dwight:  SORAS is a very serious and much misunderstood disease.  My cousin Mose is a victim of it as well, but his is a partial case.
~

Pam starts to cry again.  She runs inside the building.

Everyone stands there in silence for a minute before Phyllis says, "Should I - "

"Ugh, just go," Michael says, waving his hands in the direction in which Pam took off.

~
Michael:  What a disaster.  If I didn't know better I would think we were on some TV show.  Like not the one that you guys are making, but another one, where weird stuff happens to people.  [he pauses]  Like Dateline.
~

Pam is in the breakroom.  She is holding a bag of Sun Chips and swigging a Coke.  She still has tears running down her face.  Phyllis cautiously approaches her.

"It's okay, Phyllis," Pam says with a sigh.  "I would rather be alone right now if you don't mind."

Phyllis nods and exits.  Pam sits there with her chips for a few moments before a noise outside the breakroom startles her.  She hesitantly gets up and peaks her head out the door.  She sees movement in the staircase down the hall.

"Phyllis?" she calls out.

No answer, so she slowly makes her way over to the stairs.  Suddenly a person jumps into view.  Pam gasps.

"Yes, it's me.  And no, I'm not dead," says Jim, with a grin.
End Notes:
Wikipedia is the best thing ever.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3600