small lines by josephine
Summary: 55 words on different aspects of jim and pam's relationship.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present, Past, Future Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Drabble
Warnings: Adult language, Mild sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 456 Read: 10410 Published: December 26, 2008 Updated: April 21, 2009
Story Notes:
various and sundry moments in the lives of our favorite couple :)

1. radiohead, or jim learns about the benefits of search engines by josephine

2. fifth date, or jim learn about the benefits of yoga classes by josephine

3. 7/11, or jim learns about the benefits of bathroom stops by josephine

4. personal foul, or pam learns about the benefits of extracurricular activity by josephine

5. delicate, or jim learns about the benefits of lead feet by josephine

6. constraint, or jim learns about the benefits of hypothetical situations by josephine

7. alphabet soup, or pam learns about the benefits of having an artist's eye by josephine

8. debris, or pam learns about the detriments of knowing the (almost) enemy by josephine

radiohead, or jim learns about the benefits of search engines by josephine
Author's Notes:

okay, so... this is my return to fanfiction. it's good to be back :) i've never done 55-word pieces, but that's about all i have time for, so we'll go with it! this chapter is inspired by radiohead's "talk show host". all usual disclaimers apply.




The idea comes to you in the lingerie section of the department store. There’s a black number that’s absurdly expensive for being so little, but it does wonders for your breasts. One night Jim falls asleep early, and you Google “erotic dancing” and delete your browser history.

The lingerie ends up in three different pieces.

End Notes:
i promise it's 55 words- mtt's word counter is lying to you. i checked.
fifth date, or jim learn about the benefits of yoga classes by josephine
Author's Notes:
second chapter of the night! i'm a machine. these are such fun. all disclaimers apply.


It’s your fifth date. You make a picnic dinner and drive her home with the sunset shining in the rearview. She unbuckles her seatbelt and looks up at you.

“Do you want to come in? I know you have plans with the guys, but…”

Your schedule is flexible. As it turns out, so is she.

End Notes:


again-- 55 words. i promise.
7/11, or jim learns about the benefits of bathroom stops by josephine
Author's Notes:
three chapters in two days? this is productivity madness. all usual disclaimers apply.


She casually mentions to you in the candy aisle of the gas station that she’s been thinking that she’d like to have a baby with you. You drop your Milky Ways.

“Really? That’s…amazing. When do you want to try?”

She looks at you over her shoulder.

“How’s tonight? I don’t have plans.”

Neither do you.


End Notes:
scout's honor, this is 55 words. thanks for reading. reviews are always lovely.
personal foul, or pam learns about the benefits of extracurricular activity by josephine
Author's Notes:
so i read these to my boyfriend today, and he made fun of me because they're all dirty. and... he was totally right (not that i'd ever admit it). all usual disclaimers apply.


He installs the basketball pole the Sunday after they move in to their first house. She puts away the dishes and watches him through the window, sees the ribbons of muscles rippling down his back, remembers the warehouse game. He sees her watching.

He stops dribbling, comes inside, and puts his hands to better use.


End Notes:
mtt's word counter is giving me OCD. i keep counting the words, but they still add up to 55. either i cannot count or mtt is confused-- i figure there's a 50/50 chance for each.
delicate, or jim learns about the benefits of lead feet by josephine
Author's Notes:
Things I am good at- taking hiatuses. Things I am bad at- updating. Things I love- your unending patience with these two factors! Also, these characters are not mine. Surprising, I know.


He drives to the hospital in seventeen minutes, which kills his previous best of twenty-six. When he sees her he very nearly cries.

When they watch it all back on videotape six weeks later, neither of them can stop smiling as the baby on the screen screams while the one in Jim’s lap sleeps quietly.


End Notes:
thanks for reading :)
constraint, or jim learns about the benefits of hypothetical situations by josephine
Author's Notes:
two chapters! two days! madness. all usual disclaimers apply. thanks for reading!


Jim rests his forehead against the kitchen counter. “I’m going to kill Minor.”
Pam looks at him evenly. “Okay. Want help?”
“Sure. You tie him down and I’ll drown him in rundowns. It’ll be poetic.”
A smile tugs at her lips.
Later that night, she does tie someone down… but it certainly isn’t Charles Minor.


End Notes:
55 words, i swear. and i do love reviews, as do most authors. feel free to leave them as readers love to do :)
alphabet soup, or pam learns about the benefits of having an artist's eye by josephine
Author's Notes:
okay, so this chapter was good in theory but i don't know how well it worked out in practice. let me know. all usual disclaimers apply, and thanks for reading :)


She loves his letters.

She loves the C on either side of his smile worn deep from laugh lines. She loves the little O of his bellybutton and the lowercase L of his abs down his stomach. Her favorite letter is the V made by his hips.

Privately, she thinks it’s short for “very nice.”

End Notes:
thanks!
debris, or pam learns about the detriments of knowing the (almost) enemy by josephine
Author's Notes:
WARNING: this chapter is NOT happy. not happy! duly noted. all disclaimers apply.
EDIT: this chapter takes place the night of "the job", so jim and karen would no longer be together, and pam and jim would be coming home from their first date.


It moves quickly. They cross the threshold of her apartment at 9:32, and by 9:34 they are kissing. She takes his shirt off at 9:48. At 9:51, she sees the red lines down his back. Women’s fingernail marks, new and raw. This morning, she thinks. They fucked this morning.

Ske kicks him out at 9:52.


End Notes:
thanks for reading!
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=4219