Reasons to Love You by bashert
Summary: "There are things that still, now, even after all this time, he's still finding out about her that makes him fall in love with her more."

5 times Jim falls a little bit harder for Pam.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff, Oneshot
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 991 Read: 3500 Published: May 26, 2009 Updated: May 26, 2009
Story Notes:
So...I'm supposed to be packing because I'm going to Belize on Thursday, but I prefer to do my packing at the.very.last.minute and so instead I was watching the Pens game (wooooot Pens! Way to sweep Carolina! Bill Cowher now a supposed Carolina fan, who is hereby dead to me, can totally suck it!) and writing what I am calling unabashed fluff.

1. Give me a reason to fall in love, take my hand and let's dance by bashert

Give me a reason to fall in love, take my hand and let's dance by bashert
Author's Notes:
The title is from the song by Meiko. It's lovely.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.






1. There are things that still, now, even after all this time, he's still finding out about her that makes him fall in love with her more.


She does this thing sometimes when she's painting where she'll stand resting one foot on the other. It's ridiculous how adorable it is, and she'll lean her head to one side and bite her bottom lip and sometimes it takes all that he has not to rip her clothes off.


He can stand and watch her for hours sometimes, watch her put the paint on the blank canvas and marvel at how she turns that white empty space into something real and vivid and beautiful. Most of the time she never even notices that he's there but if she does, she'll spin around on her one foot and glare at him, one hand on her hip and a teasing glint in her eye.


"Go," she'll point her finger in the direction of the house. "There has to be something you can do that is infinitely more interesting than standing here and staring at me. Go. Seriously. Go." But she doesn't really mind that he's there, and he doesn't really think that there is anything that can be more interesting that standing and watching her, so he stands stubbornly, grinning at her as she resumes her flamingo stand.




2. She loves spicy food. That's something he would have never guessed before. She's constantly dragging him to Indian restaurants and when the server asks her at what level she wants the hotness, from one to ten, she'll flash him a cheeky grin and reply,


"Nine, please!" He sometimes steals a bite and it's so hot that it makes his eyes water and his mouth burn and he can't drink enough water and she just shovels it in without a second thought. He told her once that he thought she had a stomach made of steel.


"If you were a superhero," he told her, "that would be your superpower."


"The ability to eat ten thousand burritos with hot sauce and never flinch," she grinned, and as they sat in the Mexican restaurant she sketched a cartoon of herself as "The Iron Stomach" complete with cape and mountain of burrito wrappers under her feet on the back of the placemat. Jim folded it up and slipped it into his wallet and fell a little more in love with her.



3. She's on a neverending quest to culturally better them and once a month on their weekly Friday night movie night she'll force him to watch a foreign film. She parades Spanish films, German films, Italian films out for him, and he complains half-heartedly that if he wanted to read he would pick up a book, not a movie, and she ignores him.


He usually loved the movies, and that drove him crazy.


She's been on a Polish film kick lately, and this gives him ample opportunity to whine incessantly.


"They're so depressing," he'll whine. "They all are just so depressing." And they are. Death and poverty and families falling apart and ruined relationships and lives. She's all about the Polish films, and the Polish films are all about trying to bum the hell out of you.


"I'm trying to culture us," she would reply. "Watch something other than Die Hard."


"Don't besmirch the good name of Die Hard," Jim waggles his finger at her and he loves how she bites down on her lip to keep from grinning. He's not fooling anyone, and both of them know it.


Fancy New Beesly loves her subtitles, and Jim loves the smile she gets when he conceeds that he had liked the movie when the credits rolled.




4. She sings in the shower.


Loudly. And quite off key.


And she doesn't contain it just to the shower. She'll sing while she's cleaning, and she hums a lot when she's painting. And she doesn't mind that she isn't good.


He'll hear her move from room to room sometimes, loudly singing Bon Jovi and he wants to cringe, because it is that bad, but he can't help but move his head to the beat and smile to himself.


He constantly has whatever song she was singing that day in his head, and it's usually some terrible 80's song. He teases her that he'll never forgive her for the time that he got "Safety Dance" stuck in his head for a little over 72 hours, which is a little over 71 hours too long.


Sometimes he sings along, and Pam will grin at him and he'll find an old radio and they'll move their hips to the music, doing terrible versions of the robot or the shopping cart and walking like Egyptians.



5. He's not sure anything could prepare him for how much he loves her when they placed their daughter in her tired arms.


"Look what we did," she whispers running a finger over the baby's perfect nose.


He can't say anything or do anything but lean forward and place a hard kiss on her lips. He can taste the salt from her tears and his and he rests his forehead against hers and looks down.


Lucy Morgan Halpert is beyond perfect, and Jim is amazed at how wholly she owns him from the moment she blinks a few times and then rubs her tiny face with her tiny fist.


"I love you," he says to Lucy, running a hand over her few wisps of reddish brown hair. He tangles his long fingers in Pam's knotty hair and presses a kiss to her forehead. "And you, God, I love you. You have no idea how much."
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=4555