Forever by Sarah Kiacomesin
Summary: I must say that I was a little disappointed by the lack of JAM in the wedding episode. But after watching it over and over and over and... well you get the point, I thought it was absolutely perfect. I just wanted to add in a few little extra nuggets of goodness. Spoilers for Niagara.

Also, the title is from my new favorite song that makes me smile from ear to ear whenever I hear it now!
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6085 Read: 13754 Published: October 11, 2009 Updated: November 02, 2009
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended

1. It's You and Me, Moving At The Speed Of Light Into Eternity by Sarah Kiacomesin

2. Tonight Is The Night, You'll Join Me In The Middle Of Ecstasy by Sarah Kiacomesin

3. Feel the Melody and the Rhythm of the Music Around You by Sarah Kiacomesin

4. I'ma Take You There So Don't Be Scared I'm Right Here, Ready? by Sarah Kiacomesin

5. We Can Go Anywhere, Take Your Hand, Come With Me by Sarah Kiacomesin

It's You and Me, Moving At The Speed Of Light Into Eternity by Sarah Kiacomesin
Author's Notes:
Just a little something to get us going... (TWSS!)
Jim’s phone rang as he kicked the soccer ball around with his nephew. He chuckled a little when he had asked him to come play with him and looked around to make sure Phyllis wasn’t anywhere in sight before he said yes. He had been nervous and anxious all morning so he figured kicking the ball around for a few minutes might help him take his mind of what was about to happen. He wasn’t so much nervous to get married as he was that he was going to screw things up again. At least today, he’d just have to repeat what the minister told him. That shouldn’t be too hard, right? He thought he’d ruined it last night when he told the entire Passion Package Room that he and Pam were going to have a baby. Pam was upset but got over it pretty quickly when Michael, of all people, had fixed things with MeeMaw.

“Hey!” Jim said, when he flipped open his phone and saw “Wife” displayed on the screen. Pam had changed it in his phone on their drive up to Niagara. I think the next time I call you, we’ll be married! She had said.

“Can you come here please?” She asked him.

Jim smiled. “Is this allowed?”

Pam sniffed into the phone. “No…no but I’m allowing it. Just come here.”

Jim’s smile faded when he realized that she was really upset. Was she crying? She did certainly get emotional more these days, but something must be really wrong if she was breaking the first cardinal rule of the wedding day. She had been so adamant about Jim not seeing her before she walked down the aisle. They had gone to lunch with her mom several months ago and were talking about the wedding photos. It will save a lot of time if you just do the photos before the wedding starts and all the guests get there, Mrs. Beesly had said. Jim had been surprised by Pam’s reaction. No! She had said, almost yelling. I don’t want Jim to see me until I’m walking down the aisle. At least that’s one thing we can do right. She patted her belly as she said it.

Pam sat down on the piano bench in the church’s storage room. It was littered with chairs and stray toys from the nursery but she didn’t care. She just needed to get away from her mom. She knew that this divorce was hard on her but this was her wedding day. And her mom should have put that all aside for her daughter. That wasn’t selfish, right? Oh who cares, she had enough going through her mind without having to worry about comforting her mom. Right now, she felt like she was on the verge of an emotional breakdown and the only person she wanted to see was her best friend. And he was the one person she wasn’t supposed to see. But she didn’t care. That’s why they were getting married right? Because in times like this, they would be there to lean on each other.

“Hey,” Pam said, sadly, when Jim walked into the room. This was definitely not how she wanted him to see her in her wedding dress for the first time.

“Wow, you look….” He stopped but he just couldn’t seem to find the right word. She took his breath away.

“Terrible,” she finished for him. At least that’s how she felt.

“So beautiful,” he corrected. When her eyes began to fill with tears, he pulled up a chair and sat down facing her. He didn’t know what she was so upset about but he did know that she had been feeling very self conscious lately. She was gaining weight, which was obviously normal, but no matter how Jim tried to reassure her, she was worried that he would find her repulsive. “Hey…”

“My veil tore,” she said, pulling the thin fabric through her fingers. “I knew when we were getting married and I was five months pregnant that I’m not going to be able to wear the dress I always wanted. Or high heels.”

Jim took her hand in his. “Hey,” he said. “You look just as I imagined you. Pam, you’re so pretty.” He couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

“Ugh,” she sighed and then said, “Thank you.”

“And who cares. It’s a stupid veil. Right?” And it was just a stupid veil, but she was five months pregnant. And it was her wedding day. And between the drama with Andy and spending the first night apart with Jim since she got back from art school, she had gotten minimal sleep.

No,” she cried. “This is the one thing I was supposed to be able to control was this veil.”

Jim saw a pair of scissors and knew he had to fix this. He lifted up his tie and sliced straight through the middle.

“There,” he said, as Pam looked on in amazement. “Now we’re even.”

And this is why she was marrying him. A few tears slid down her cheeks and she took a “mental picture” of her very soon to be husband. Jim gently took her chin in his hand and kissed his bride.

“Everyone’s driving me crazy,” she sighed. “I know way too much about Andy’s scrotum. And my mom won’t stop freaking out about my dad’s new girlfriend. Ugh… this was supposed to be our wedding day. Why did we invite all these people?”

Jim took her hand in his again, and looked up at her. “I just want this to all be over,” she continued. “I just want to be your wife.”

Jim reached into this pocket and pulled out two small piece of paper.

“What’s this?” she asked, when he handed them to her.

“Tickets. To The Maid of the Mist. I was going to take you there tonight. They light it up really pretty at night and I thought it would be a perfect end to the perfect day.” Pam shook her head in amazement and smiled. “But let’s use them now,” he said. “Let’s go do what we wanted to do in Youngstown. Let’s get married. Just you and me.”

“What about all these people?” Pam asked

“They’ll wait,” he said. “But when we come back, we’ll already be married. And we’ll get married again in front of everyone but it will be our little secret.”

Pam cupped her face in his. “Why are you so amazing?” She said.

Jim chuckled. “I’m not that amazing,” he said.

Pam brought his face to hers and kissed him. “You are,” she said.

Jim stood up and pulled her up with him. “So,” he said, holding out his hand. “Do you want to marry me twice today?”

Pam put her hand in his and they headed out the door. “Absolutely I do,” she answered.
End Notes:
A "Maid of the Mist" chapter coming soon....
Tonight Is The Night, You'll Join Me In The Middle Of Ecstasy by Sarah Kiacomesin
Author's Notes:
Thank you for my first official beta, PamelaMorgan Halpert, for her kind words and suggestions! I think it made this story so much better! And thanks to those of you who reviewed. Each of them made my day. I'll keep going if you'll keep reading!
Jim handed the tickets to the lady at the Maid of the Mist booth and took Pam’s hand in his as they made their way down the ramp. Pam looked up at him and smiled.

“This is crazy, right?” She laughed.

Jim smiled at her and shrugged. “Are you having second thoughts?”

“Are you kidding me? And go back to my mom? Your brothers? Everyone at Dunder Mifflin? Not a chance. Not yet anyway.”

The boat left the dock and Jim wrapped his arms around Pam. “I’m ready whenever you are,” Jim said, kissing the top of her head.

She leaned up and kissed him on the lips. “I’m ready,” she said.

They ran over to the captain’s booth and Jim knocked on the window. They both took off the poncho’s that they were given because even though the mist of the falls was about to soak them to the core, Pam did not want to be wearing a blue poncho when she said “I do”. The captain followed them to the front of the boat with his bible.
The roar of the falls filled and air and the mist was falling on them like a light rain. Jim handed the rings to the Captain.

“Repeat after me,” the Captain began.

“Wait,” Jim said, turning to Pam. “There is nothing traditional about this day so far and I’d kinda like to say my own vows. Is that okay?”

Tears filled Pam’s eyes as she nodded vigorously. “Yeah,” she said. “I’d like that.”

“Ok, go ahead then,” the Captain replied.

Jim took Pam’s hands in his. “Pam, you said that getting married on this boat was crazy and I guess it is a little but it also just… it just makes sense. The first time that I ever told anyone how I felt about you was on a boat. And unfortunately it was Michael that I told but he actually gave me the best advice I’ve ever received. He told me to never, ever give up. The sad thing is… I did give up. I ran away because if I couldn’t be with you, then I couldn’t bare to see anyone else with you. I eventually did find my way back to you and somehow by the grace of God, when I did, you wanted to be with me too. Pam, you just get me. You can tell my mood by looking at the back of my neck. And you just always know when I want to talk and when I don’t. When I need a hug and when I just need five minutes to myself. You can always make me laugh and it is true what I told your dad. When you walk into a room, you just take my breath away. I have wanted to marry you since the day I laid eyes on you. I promise that I will never run away from you again. No matter how hard it gets. I will dry your every tear and try everything I can to make sure that I am not the reason for those tears. I will support your every decision, no matter how crazy it seems at the time. I will love you every single minute of every single day. And I will make sure that our babies know just how special their mother is and that you are the glue that holds us all together.”

He took the ring from The Captain and placed it at the top of Pam’s ring finger. “You have inspired me to go after my dreams but it didn’t take me long to realize that you are my only dream. I pledge to be your husband from this day forward. Let’s make of our two lives one life. I want you for today, tomorrow, and forever. I, James Duncan Halpert, take you, Pamela Morgan Beesly, as my friend and love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and in tears, in conflict and tranquility, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not know yet, in all the ways that life my find us.”

He pushed the ring down Pam’s finger and she wiped away the tears streaming down her face.

The Captain handed Pam Jim’s band and she put it on his finger.

“Jim, you are the most unselfish person that I’ve ever known. Years ago, you told me you were in love with me and then you just backed off. You just waited until I came to the realization that I was about to marry the wrong person. I used to wish that I had told you that night that I felt the same, but now I think it all worked out like it was supposed to. You supported me when I went to art school, even though it sucked being away from each other for so long. You supported me when I walked out on my job because I had just spent days putting together the new copier and I didn’t think I could handle being a receptionist for one day longer. You not only bought me a house but set up the garage as an art studio. You know me. You’re my best friend and I love you so much. I promise you that I will show you everyday how important you are to me. I’ll be the best wife to you and mother to our children that I possibly can be. You are such an amazing person and I want to learn from you everyday.”

Pam took Jim’s band out of The Captain’s hand and placed it on Jim’s finger. “I have dreamed my whole life of having someone as wonderful as you love me the way you do. I give myself to you as your wife, and I promise here to treasure for all of my days the love we celebrate today. Let’s bring together our lives and find ourselves anew each day. I, Pamela Morgan Beesly, take you James Duncan Halpert, as my friend and love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and tears, in conflict and tranquility, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not know yet, in all the ways that life may find us.”

She pushed the ring the rest of the way down his finger and squeezed his hands.

They both turned to the Captain. “Now you will feel no rain,” he said. “For each of you will be sanctuary to the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there is no isolation for you. Now there is no more loneliness. Now you are two, but there is only one life in front of you. I now pronounce you husband and wife.”

He turned to Jim with a smile on his face. “And you may now kiss your bride.”

Jim’s hands were around Pam immediately. His lips on hers, with more love than he’d ever felt. The mist was falling all around them and some of the other people on the boat started clapping.

Pam took Jim’s face in her hands. “I’m can’t believe I’m your wife,” she giggled. “We just got married!”

He leaned down to kiss her again. “It’s about time,” he laughed.

Pam looked around. “You know, it’s really beautiful out here. It’s almost a shame that we missed the whole ride.”

“Ehhh,” Jim said. “We can ride the boat again. How many times do you get to get married?” Pam laughed and Jim continued. “Oh, right,” he said. “We get to go do it again!”
Feel the Melody and the Rhythm of the Music Around You by Sarah Kiacomesin
Author's Notes:
Just pure un-beta'd fluff....
Hours later when the dinner plates were cleared, the cake was cut, and people were mingling and dancing, Jim broke away from a conversation with his brothers to track down his new bride. They had managed a few glances at each other across the room, but they hadn’t had much chance to talk. Jim guessed that was what the honeymoon was for. But he didn’t care. He was a married man now and he just wanted to see his wife.

“Mrs. Beesly, have you seen my wife?” Jim asked, approaching Pam’s mom while he looked around the room.

“Call me Helene, Jim,” she said. “And I think I saw her run off to the bathroom with Penny and Isabel.”

“Great, thanks,” Jim said, turning to head off in that direction.

“Jim,” Helene said, stopping him before he headed off. “I just wanted to thank you for making my daughter so very happy. She loves you so much and I think she found a really good guy.”

Jim smiled. “Thank you, Mrs. Bees….. Sorry… Helene. Thank you. She is my world and I love her more than anything.” Jim hugged his mother in law and excused himself quickly when he saw Pam come back into the room with her sister.

“Can I steal my wife for a few minutes, Penny?” He asked his new sister in law and Penny nodded and smiled.

“You okay?” Jim asked Pam, concerned that she might not be feeling well. While she was out of her first trimester, she still had the tendency to get sick at the drop of a hat, a pregnancy side effect that her doctor said might last for several more months.

“Yeah, I’m good,” she said, smiling and touching her stomach. “Baby is behaving today and I haven’t thrown up in a good 24 hours.”

“Alright Beesly!” Jim said, out of habit, and high-fived her.

“Well,” Pam said. “We had a long talk last night. I promised to eat A LOT of cake and in exchange, I get to keep it down. It’s a win-win-win.”

Jim chuckled and took her hands in his. “Will you dance with me Mrs. Halpert?” he asked, already leading her onto the dance floor.

“Yes… please….” Pam said.

Jim wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her close. He took her hand with his other and pulled it close to his chest. She leaned her head against his chest and he rested his head on hers.

“I feel like I barely seen you in the past couple of hours,” he said, quietly.

Pam nodded in agreement. “I know. I can’t wait to get out of here and spend the next week with you. Just. You. And. Me.” She reached up to kiss him.

They swayed with the music for a few beats in silence, just enjoying being in each other’s arms.

“Do you know how much I love you?” Jim asked.

Pam smiled. “Well, I thought it was pretty evident today, but it doesn’t hurt to hear.”

“I love you… so much,” he told her, pulling her as close to him as possible.

“I love you too,” she said. “I realized today that you are the only sane person in my life. So, thank you for that.”

“Oh, they all mean well,” Jim said. “Apparently weddings bring out the crazy in people.”

“I guess so! I’ve been trying not to egg my mom on but I really can’t believe my dad brought a date to our WEDDING! I didn’t even know he was dating someone…. And then he just shows up with her. At his daughter’s wedding?? I mean… seriously? Am I overreacting?” Pam asked, looking up at Jim.

Jim shrugged. “I really don’t know,” he said. “I was pretty shocked when he introduced me but I thought I just missed that whole chapter in the ‘What To Expect When You’re Getting Married’ book.”

“I knew you read those books when I wasn’t looking,” Pam laughed, swatting him on the arm.

“Yeah, well, I just wanted to impress you,” Jim said. “You seem to make a habit out of planning weddings and I wanted to make sure that when you thought back on it that I was the most helpful.”

“I hate you,” Pam said, shaking her head. But Jim just laughed and pulled her close to him again.

“That sucks,” he said. “Cause you are stuck with me now. I will promise you something though.”

“What’s that?” Pam asked.

“I promise you that when our daughter gets married, you are the only date I will bring. Even if you are sick of me by then.”

“You are the man of my dreams, Mr. Halpert,” Pam said.

“And you are the woman of mine, Mrs. Halpert,” Jim replied.

“Mrs. Halpert,” Pam repeated. “I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of hearing that.”

“Well, if you do I’ll try to change your mind,” Jim said. He leaned down and kissed Pam tenderly right below her ear. He knew just the spot that drove her crazy. Lately it had been so easy and he had so much fun turning her on, especially at inappropriate places. Work, right before dinner with his parents, the grocery store. It was his favorite pregnancy side effect so far.

“Jim….” Pam moaned quietly.

“Hmmm?” He asked, continuing to trace a trail of kisses down her neck.

“You have got to stop,” she whispered.

“When do we get to go upstairs?” Jim whispered in her ear.

“Now?” Pam asked.

“Seriously?” he asked, pulling away from her a little bit. “Because you don’t have to tell me twice.”

“I’m serious if you are,” Pam answered. “But I really don’t want to say goodbye to everyone. I just want them to all go away.”

Jim looked in Pam’s eyes as he did earlier that day and just wanted to give her what she wanted. And for the second time that day, Jim took Pam’s hand and they snuck away.
I'ma Take You There So Don't Be Scared I'm Right Here, Ready? by Sarah Kiacomesin
Author's Notes:
Honeymoon Fluff... Part 1
“Can I give you your present now?” Jim whispered in Pam’s ear.

She turned to him, smiling, and nodded. They had been in the honeymoon suite for approximately one hour. The second the shut the door behind them, they peeled off each other’s clothes and fell into bed. The had officially consummated their marriage twice and had been lying lazily in the king size bed for the last 20 minutes.

He climbed out of bed and slid on his boxers and Pam snickered.

“What are you laughing at?” he asked from across the room.

“I just don’t know why you are wasting your time putting those back on,” she said, gesturing her head towards his boxers.

“I can’t have you getting used to seeing me naked whenever you want. You have to work for that privilege ” he replied. He grabbed a box from his overnight bag and with one hand behind his back, head back to the bed.

“Hey,” Pam said. “Can you hand me my purse?”

He looked at her and raised an eyebrow. “Chapstick,” she said. “I gotta keep these puppies lubricated.” She smacked her lips.

“That’s what she….” Jim started handing her her purse.

She took her purse and set it on the ground near the bed. “NO.” She said firmly.

He climbed back on the bed and sat so he was facing her, pulling his hand from behind his back.

“I really hope you like this,” he said. “There’s nothing I could get you that would show you how special you are to me but… well, I just hope you like it.”

He set the turquoise box with a white ribbon in her hand.

“Jim,” Pam said, her voice shaking in disbelief. “This is from Tiffany’s.”

“I hope so,” he chuckled. “Cause that’s where I bought it.”

Pam sat there, just staring at the box. “Open it,” he prodded, tapping her knee.

Pam took a deep breath and pulled the ribbon off the box. When she took the lid off, she saw on a cloud of white satin, a white gold band of diamonds.

“Ohmigod,” she gushed. “Wha…. What is this?”

“Your real wedding band,” Jim said, taking her left hand and gently pulling off her rings. “Remember that day that we went and bought our wedding bands?” She nodded. “I went back and returned yours. I know without a doubt that you would be happy with anything but I really wanted you to have something special. So this….”

He held up the gold wedding band that he had put on her hand earlier that day and tossed it over his shoulder. “Was $10. And I was really hoping you wouldn’t notice. At least for a couple hours, until I could give you this.” He pulled the ring out of the box she was still holding in her hand and placed it on her finger, followed by her engagement ring. He pulled her hand to his lips and kissed her fingers.

Tears spilled over Pam’s eyes and down her cheeks. “I don’t even know what to say. Thank you doesn’t seem like enough. But…. thank you…. So much.” She examined her new ring and looked at Jim. Taking his face in both of her hands, she kissed him deeply.

“I got something for you too,” she said quietly. “But I am mortified now. There is no way that it even compares to…. To diamonds.”

Jim grabbed her hand and held it tight with his own. “When are you going to realize that you have already given me more of a gift then I could have ever asked for. You married me for pete’s sake. And you are carrying my child.” He gently touched Pam’s stomach and she smiled. “You could give me a box of dirt for all I care.”

Pam sighed. “Ok,” she said. “I wish I’d gone first though.” She leaned over and pulled a long red envelope out of her purse and placed it in his hands.

“What is it?” he asked her, turning the envelope over in his hands.

“Open it and see,” she laughed, nervously.
Jim slowly slid his finger underneath the flap and pulled out the contents. He gasped.

“Is this a joke?” he asked.

“Nope,” she answered, smugly.

“Oh Pam,” he said. “These are…. No way…. Seriously?”

Pam laughed. “Yep,” she said.

Jim leaned towards his side of the bed and grabbed his cell phone. Pam looked at him questioningly but he didn’t give her an explanation. Instead he flipped his phone open, thumbed through his call log and pressed ‘send’ when he found the number he was looking for.

“Bro, you are supposed to be on your honeymoon,” Pete said on the other end of the phone.

“Yeah,” Jim answered. “I am. And I can’t talk. I just called to tell you that I win. Not that there was EVER any question, but hands down I have the best wife ever.”

“Okay, okay, newlywed,” Pete said. “I don’t need to hear about all the blow…..”

Jim quickly cut him off. “Tickets to game three of the World Series. And you’re not going.” Jim shut the phone and threw it across the room. It landed with a clink next to Pam’s fake wedding band.

He pushed Pam back onto the pillows behind her and kissed her, his hands moving from her face to her hair.

“So… you like?” Pam asked.

“I don’t have any idea why you would have ever thought that those tickets would not be equivalent to diamonds but yeah…. I like.”

Pam ran her hands through his hair and then brought it down to his cheek. “Well, I know it’s only game 3 but I wanted to make sure that you’d be able to see a game. And it’s on a Saturday. And I you don’t have to take me…. I want you to take whoever you want.”

He silenced her with a kiss. “You, babe, are definitely coming with me. Remember that time we went to a Phillies game?” He asked her. Pam nodded and he kissed her below her ear. “And stayed the night in Philly?”

“Mmm hmmm,” Pam muttered and Jim kissed her neck.

“That was the first time you told me that you loved me,” Jim said, gently kissing her again, this time on the lips.

“I should have told you a lot sooner than that,” Pam said, pushing on his nose with her finger.

But Jim shook his head. “Some of it sucked,” he said. “A lot of it sucked. But I would not change one single thing starting from the day I met you.”

“I would,” Pam said.

“Really,” He said. “What would you change?”

Pam smiled. “About 10 minutes ago, when you put on those boxers….. Now…. Take them off.”
End Notes:
So please play along with the fact that the band that Jim got Pam matches her other ring. And that it was determined BEFORE the wedding who was going to be in the World Series. Luckily (for the story) they do have a game in Philly on a Saturday.

Click Here For Pam's Ring
We Can Go Anywhere, Take Your Hand, Come With Me by Sarah Kiacomesin
Author's Notes:
Okay, this chapter is also un-beta'd but I wanted to update as soon as I was done writing. I hope you enjoy.
“Oh my gosh, it’s so beautiful,” Pam gushed as she opened the door to their room at the Inn on the Blue Horizon.

Jim followed her into the room and set their bags down by the dresser. The room really was beautiful. It was homey and romantic with its four poster bed and large windows overlooking the ocean. The windows were open and there was a warm breeze flowing through the curtains.

“You’re gonna have a hard time getting me out of here,” Pam told him.

Jim came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, his hands resting on her fast growing belly. Pam leaned back into him.

“We could be staying at a Super 8,” Jim said. “And you’d have a hard time getting me out of this room.”

“We will though, right?” Pam asked. “Get out of this room, I mean.”

Jim laughed into her neck. “We’ll try,” he said.

“We could start tonight,” she said. “With dinner at that restaurant downstairs? I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry,” he joked. “But I’ll take you to eat anyway.”

“Good,” Pam smiled and covered his hands with her own. “Don’t forget I am eating for two.”

“You’re not too tired though? It has been a long day.”

“I’m okay right now,” she said. “You know I did sleep half the day. But I really would like to take a shower first. Do you mind?”

“Only if I can join you,” he said.

XXXXXXXXXXX

An hour later, they made their way downstairs hand in hand. They followed the hostess to their table and thanked her when she handed them their menus.
Pam looked up from her menu when she realized Jim was staring at her.

“What?” she asked, squinting her eyes at him.

“I love it when your cheeks are all rosy,” he told her, reaching out to gently stroke her cheek. “It must be from the hot water.”

Pam smiled. “Yeah, I think it’s from the shower, but I don’t think the water had anything to do with it.”

Jim blushed and shrugged. “I know how your hormones are these days,” he laughed. “I gotta keep my wife happy.”

Before Pam could answer with a snappy comeback, the waiter came to take their order. When their orders were placed, and their drinks refilled, Jim took Pam’s hands in his own across the table.

“Can you believe we’re finally here?” He asked her. She knew that he was not only taking about Puerto Rico, but there in general. Together, married, on their honeymoon, starting a family.

“Well, from the sound of your toast the other night, it sounds like you knew all along that we would be someday.”

“I hoped,” he said. “I really did.”

Pam nodded. “I know,” she said, quietly. She looked at him and opened her mouth to say something else but then quickly shut it.

Jim raised an eyebrow. “Tell me,” he said.

Pam took a deep breath. “I don’t know… I just… sometimes I get so scared because what if one of us had done… or said… one thing differently. We might not be here at all. I mean, I know that we are, but it still scares me that we were so close to… you know… not being here.”

Jim nodded. “Yeah, I know,” he said. “I used to play that game too but it’s so much better when you just forgot about that and realize that we are here. I don’t believe in coincidences, I think that everything happens for a reason. So I do believe that we were always meant to end up here.”

Pam smiled. “Tell me something,” she said. “Tell me something that you’ve never told me before.”

Jim grinned. Their hands were still intertwined across the table and he ran his thumb back and forth over the rings on her ring finger. “Okay,” he said. “Well… I almost didn’t take the job at Dunder Mifflin.”

“Really?” Pam asked. She couldn’t believe that she hadn’t heard that before.

Jim nodded. “Yep,” he said. “I had two interviews that day and I got offers on both. They were the same pay but the other job had a higher commission rate.”

“So, what was the deciding factor?”

“The jelly beans,” Jim laughed.

They were interrupted when the waiter came with their food. They both dug in immediately, both hungrier that they had realized. They also hadn’t noticed that another couple had been seated at the table next to them. When the waiter came to take their order, the lady looked over at Pam’s plate.

“I’ll have what she’s having,” she told the waiter. When he left, she turned to Pam. “What are you having?”

“Oh, it’s the Pollo con Papaya,” Pam said. “Chicken with Papaya.”

“Well it looks delicious,” the friendly stranger said, in a thick southern drawl.

“It is,” Pam agreed.

“Did ya’ll just get here?” The lady asked.

They both nodded. “Just a couple of hours ago,” Jim answered, since Pam had just taken a bite.

“We’ve been here a couple of days,” the lady continued. “We leave at the end of the week. I’m Benny, by the way. And this is my husband, Frank.”

“I’m Pam,” Pam said, shaking Benny’s extended hand. “And this is my husband, Jim.” She smiled widely at Jim as she said husband.

“Newlyweds?” Benny asked.

“Yes, and we’re still hoping to make it to the 48 hour mark,” Jim said, winking at Pam.

“Well, ya’ll are just precious. Where are you from?”

“Pennsylvania,” Jim said. “Scranton. You?”

“We’re from South Carolina,” Benny said. That explained the drawl.

They made small chit chat until the waiter brought Frank and Benny’s food and Jim and Pam’s check. Jim paid the bill and they wished their fellow diners a good evening.

“Listen,” Benny said, as they got up from the table. “We’re taking this trip tomorrow night to Bio Bay. Have you heard of it?” They both shook their heads. “It’s supposed to be amazing,” she continued. “It’s even in the Guinness Book of World Records. They have brochures at the front desk. Go check it out and if you want to, we’d love for you to join us. We’ll be around tomorrow, just look for us.”

“Thank you,” Pam said. “We’ll definitely check it out and let you know.”

They said good night and stopped at the front desk for a brochure on the way back to their room.

“This does look pretty awesome,” Jim said, pointing to the pictures on the brochure. “Maybe we should join Frank and Beans tomorrow night.”

“What did you just say?” Pam asked, a smile starting to break on her face. “What did you call them?”

“Frank and Beans,” Jim said, matter of factly.

Pam busted out laughing and he had to hold her up so she didn’t fall over. “Benny,” she said, when she was finally able to catch her breath. “Her name is not Beans, its Benny.”

“Oh,” Jim said. “I did think that was a little weird. But they are from the South…. I didn’t know.”

The elevator stopped on their floor and they made their way down the hall to their room. Pam was still giggling as Jim opened the door. “Are you still laughing at me?” Jim asked, pulling her to him.

“With you, Jim, not at you,” she said.

“Frank and beans,” he said again causing her to fall into the arm chair next to the bed in another fit of giggles.
He kicked off his shoes and then motioned for Pam to lift each foot so he could remove her sandals.

“I guess I’m gonna have to find a way to get you to stop laughing,” he told her. She reached her arms out and he pulled her to standing position. He leaned down and started to kiss her lips but moved to her neck instead. When she moaned softly and wrapped her arms around him, he moved to her lips.

“I’m not laughing anymore Halpert,” she said. “Now… take me to bed.”
End Notes:
Yay? Nay? There is more to come...
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=4781