Years later by Jimothyhalpert
Summary: They both had settled into different lives but when they meet again they realize how close they were.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Alternate Universe Characters: Jim/Karen, Pam
Genres: None
Warnings: Adult language, Other Adult Theme
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 2082 Read: 4390 Published: December 23, 2011 Updated: January 04, 2012

1. Regrets by Jimothyhalpert

2. Forward Momentum by Jimothyhalpert

3. Coming Back by Jimothyhalpert

Regrets by Jimothyhalpert
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The first year after he left was excruciatingly painful for her, every time she read his name on the monthly newsletter, or heard about the "parties" him and Michael shared at conferences made time seem to stop and she would begin to live in memories of the past or fantasies of what could have been. As time proceeded, the pain had diminished to a slight null that was constantly lingering inside of her, waiting to leap out the instant she saw a grilled cheese sandwich or heard a Travis song on the radio. She knew after he left that she was no longer in love with Roy, she hadn't been for a long time. Roy had actually been understanding of her decision to call of the wedding, they both knew that they had settled for each other. The worst part though was when everybody in the office emailed him the day that Micheal threw a fit about why she wasn't wearing her ring.

The night he professed her love to her is a faded memory now. She hasn't forgotten it, she could never do that, but as the days, weeks, months, and eventually years passed, her mind had altered the memory to the point where she had gone from simply saying "misinterpreted" and "I can't" to much harsher words as her perception of herself had changed. In her memories she had become the bitch who rejected the perfect man who had put her happiness above everything else. "I'm in love with you", at the time she assumed that it was a mere crush that had begun in the wake of his breakup; but as she recollected on the time they shared together she noticed stolen glances and small gestures that revealed how deep his affection towards her was.

Of course she dated again but true love eluded her. No matter how nice or funny the guy, her memory of him ruined any chance of any of her dates going anywhere. None of them could ever match the idealized version of Jim that had grown in her mind. After so many failed attempts she became content with living her life alone.

Jim Halpert, the man who made a point to cheer her up everyday and make her feel like the only girl in the world, disappeared off the face of the planet three years ago and she hadn't seen him since.
End Notes:
Will be followed by 2 chapters. Please review i'm new at this and I would love to improve in any way.
Forward Momentum by Jimothyhalpert
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The first year after he left was unyieldingly difficult for him, after the "night", he needed to escape from anything that could possibly conjur up memories of her. He ultimately decided against taking the position in Stamford, the only reason he had stayed at Dunder Mifflin for so long was the forlorn hope that she would realize how he felt and receprocate his love. Toby received his resignation form the following monday; and after that he spent his jobless months mooching off his roomate Marc. After a few months of wallowing in his own self pity he found a job writing for the sports section of a philadelphia newspaper, his dream job. Anything he did that year, eating, sleeping, work, no longer served any purpose besides distracting him from thinking about her. As time moved forward his affection towards her diminished, he no longer loved her personally, but the memory of her that resided within his mind. The day that everyone but her, sent him an email proclaiming that her wedding was cancelled, was the day he realized he had to move on.

Whenever he recollects on the "night" he realizes how stupid he had been. He knew that she felt something towards him, the kiss they shared proved that, but she wasn't the type of girl to cancel a wedding for another man, or so he thought. Later as he thought about it he came to the realization that if he had shared his feelings for her before the booze cruise, back when it was still an open ended engagement he might have had a better chance. But he decided to be a coward and wait, and when he finally decided to tell her how he felt she was weeks away from taking the largest step in her life, and he had asked her to take a giant step backwards and that was why she rejected him.

He had been a sports writer for six months when he had met Karen. They were at a blockbuster on a Friday night, and while waiting in line she pointed out that they were both holding a copy of 10 Things I Hate About You. This opened up a discussion where they both embarrassingly admitted that they shared a love-hate relationship with the movie. He asked her out to dinner while walking her out to her car. While they were waiting for their meals to come out they began talking about work; she revealed that she was a sales executive at staples but had previously worked for Dunder Mifflin, he couldn't believe the irony of him constantly falling for girls who worked for Dunder Mifflin. They had been dating two and a half years and he was waiting for the right moment to present her with the diamond ring he bought.

Pam Beesley the girl he fell in love with and couldn't stop thinking about, rejected him and forced him to run away three years ago and he hasn't seen her since.
End Notes:
I know I said there would only be three chapters but I realized that the story is much larger than that so expect more chapters. Please review I would love to improve my writing in any way.
Coming Back by Jimothyhalpert
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The obnoxious Verizon ringtone erupted from Pam's pockets, interrupting her concentration on the adventures of Leslie Knope. She glanced at the caller ID which read Michael Scott. "Just what I need" Pam proclaimed to her empty apartment. "Yes Michael", "Pam your a girl right" Michael said exasperatingly. "I hope so, otherwise I've been buying the wrong underwear" Pam said with such sarcasm that you could almost hear her eyes roll. "TMI Pam" Michael said, which reminded Pam why she doesn't tell jokes at work. " Anyways Holly told me she wants a kindle for her birthday", "ok and the issue is"? "THE ISSUE PAM is what am I supposed to get her", "Michael she says she wants a Kindle, so get her a Kindle". "Oh my god Pam, it's like you've never had your period", "Michael what are you talking about"? "Pam when a woman says she wants something it really means she wants the opposite have you ever seen an episode of Boy Meets World". "Michael you shouldn't base your knowledge of woman off of 90's sitcoms", "Pam I want to get her the perfect gift so can you help me or not". After about 15 minutes of counseling Michael on what to get Holly he finally agreed to buy the Kindle.

As much as he annoyed her Pam couldn't help but envy Michael's relationship with Holly. When Holly first arrived Michael asked Pam for advice on how to approach her, after Ryan Stanley and Darryl rejected helping him out, she told him to take it slow, to become her friend first. Being Michael he completely disregarded her advice and asked Holly out the next day. They have been going steady for a couple of months. While her dating life consisted of Kelly setting her up on blind dates so it's not like she hasn't been trying, but none of them have clicked.

As the show cut to commercial break Pam went over to the gathering pile of envelopes on her counter. After sorting through the bills and magazines Pam came across something that was out of place. NBC had sent her the rerun check last week so it puzzled her that they sent another one so quickly. She opened the envelope and what she read caused a great stir of emotions within her.

To Michael Scott, Dwight Schrute, Jim Halpert, Pam Beesley, Ryan Howard

Hey guys it hasn't felt like three years has it? Well it has and after our success in syndication NBC has finally agreed to air a reunion show. This letter has been addressed to all principle cast members who are to meet at Dunder Mifflin Scranton Branch in two weeks. Supporting cast members are to arrive the following week. All the details you need to know are included with this letter.

Sincerely
NBC executive of Reality Programming
James Harlston

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HEY BABE WANT TO GET A CUP OF COFFEE", Jim screamed over the sound of the Xbox 360 Karen had gotten "him" for Christmas. "Um yeah sure let me just finish this match" Karen said trying not to sound superiorlly irritated at his intrusion of her shooting of 12 year olds . After multiple "one more matches" they finally left their apartment. Jim's eyes were constantly darting to Karen as she sat beside him within the car, his fingers were tapping the steering wheel as if it was a panic button, and sweat was emitting from his pores like lava flowing from an active volcano. The words flowing from his mouth were forced and only existed to keep Karen from questioning his behavior.

They reached the local Starbucks rip-off and Jim walked Karen in as if the car was holding a bomb. "Hey why don't you sit down and relax and I'll go pick up your usual order" it came across more as an order than a question. "Babe you always pay whenever we go out, how about this time its my treat" Karen said sweetly. "Well that's not happening" Jim said in his I am right and you are wrong voice. Jim moved to the back of the line of hipsters. After hearing "you should check out my tumblr" and "did you listen to weezers new album" for the umpteenth time he finally reached the front. "Hello sir i'm Jeremy and I am currently in training so please forgive me for any inconvenience I may cause you today". "Oh im sorry im going to wait until a more experienced employee comes along because I only expect top quality workers from the local coffee shop"; this is what Jim wanted to say but what he actually said was "ok no problem".

Jim brought back their espressos to the table and instead of sitting down kneeled on the layer of dried spilled coffee covering the floor. Karen's life flashed before her eyes because she knew that she was going to begin a new life soon. "Over two years ago I took you here to explain away my embarrassment over being seen with a copy of a movie that will remain nameless, after that we began a relationship that defined my weekends......and then the rest of my week too". "I love that your good at Call of Duty and that you have a weird obsession with christopher Walken, I love that your parents love me, and today I want to know if you would like to spend the rest of your life with me"?

"YES OH MY GOD JIM YES" Karen screamed breaking the pretentious silence of the coffee shop. This was followed by typical celebratory motions including Jim offering to buy the next round of espressos for everyone. That night they decided to catch a movie to celebrate their engagement. They were sitting in their seats when Jim heard a theme song that was very familiar to him.

3 years ago we said goodbye to the employees of Dunder Mifflin, Scranton. But this fall prepare to meet them all again, Michael, Dwight, Jim, Pam, Ryan, and the rest of the gang are coming back to your tv. The Office Reunion Show coming this fall on NBC.

All Jim could think was "Fuck I really should have read what was in those contracts I had to sign"
End Notes:
Please please please review!!!! Will be updating soon
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5280