Taking Chances by Pan_cake_Cats
Summary:

 What if Pam went to Australia instead of getting married.



Categories: Alternate Universe, Past Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Challenges: A Day At The Beach
Challenges: A Day At The Beach
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1317 Read: 3184 Published: August 08, 2017 Updated: January 01, 2018
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

In this scenario Pam knows Jim had a crush on her, and no casino night.

I don't know how I feel about the title but here it is. 

 

Chapter 1 by Pan_cake_Cats

Today Pam Beesly is going to marry her high school sweetheart.  Today is supposed to be the happiest day of her life. Today she realized she wasn’t happy. Standing in front of the mirror in her bridal suite, tears falling onto her cheeks, she realized how badly she screwed up. How she stayed with Roy because it was safe. There was no more fire in their relationship, maybe she hoped things would change after finally getting married. But as she stood there in front of the mirror, she realized, it would probably just get worse. How could fighting almost everyday get worse. The fights weren’t even about anything, they just yelled at each other constantly. How could that be healthy.

Why was Jim in Australia? How could he not be here on her wedding day?

The Answer finally came to her. “ What? Did you want to tell me something? You look like you want to tell me something. You look like you have something really important to say and you just can’t for some reason.” Something about the look on Jim’s face during that moment, told her almost everything,  “This may sound weird. And there is no reason for me to know this, but, the mixed berry yoghurt you are about to eat is expired.” Something in Pam’s subconscious made itself known. How could she be so stupid? In that moment she knew what she had to do.


It wasn’t until she was sitting on a plane, to Australia, that her actions caught up to her. What the hell was she thinking? Flying to Australia to find Jim? On the day she was supposed to get married? Her head filled with anxious worries, but she soon fell asleep.


When she awoke, everyone was getting out of their seats and making their way up the jetway. Jim had told her the name of the Hotel he was staying at so she found a shuttle to take her their.


“Hello, how may we help you?” the front desk attendant said brightly.

“Could I get a room number for Jim Halpert?”
“We cannot give out that information, sorry for any inconvenience”

“All right. Thanks anyway.” She walked away defeated, dragging her bag behind her. She made her way to the Hotel bar. To sort out what she would do.

She sat down at a small table, her eyes filled with tears once again, so she sat there with tears dripping down her face, mortified, but there was nothing she could do.


After what seemed like hours, “Pam? Is that you?”

She looked up through her tears she saw who was there. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t do it. I just wanted to see you. I’m sorry I didn’t see you. God, I’m so stupid.”

She suddenly was standing and engulfed in the tightest hug.

“You are not stupid.” Jim said as he pulled her closer, “Let’s get you upstairs, you must be exhausted.”

Jim pulled her bag and they made their way to Jim’s room.

When they arrived Pam took a shower, while Jim ordered some room service, as she hadn’t eaten since the airplane, which barely counted.

She exited the bathroom wrapped in a towel, “Hey, umm, do you have a t-shirt I could wear? I just brought my honeymoon suitcase, which doesn’t have any comfortable pajamas in it.” she asked sort of shyly, it made no sense that she had packed some running shorts and no t-shirts to wear them with, but that’s what she had.

“Umm, sure.” Jim replied tossing her a grey t-shirt, with dunder mifflin in small print in the corner.

“What did you get for us to eat?”

“Well they had some berry yogurt, so I obviously got that,” Pam smiled, “some toast, orange juice, and coffee.” Jim was glad to see her smile.


End Notes:
This randomly popped in my head the other day/ a rewatch inspired me. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it. There will be at least 1 more chapter. 
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5448