You Take Your Heart With You Wherever You Go by darjeelingandcoke
Summary: Jim's finally figured out how to get out for good.

A take on the 55 Words To Leave Scranton challenge... and then 110 Words to Come Back Again.
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Jim, Jim/Pam, Pam
Genres: Drabble
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Challenges: 55 Words To Leave Scranton
Challenges: 55 Words To Leave Scranton
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 167 Read: 1347 Published: September 16, 2020 Updated: June 09, 2021
Story Notes:
I have literally 32,000 words of incomplete fanfic in my drafts. So what gets finished? Obviously, a drabble about Pam sticking her tongue out at Cece and Phillip as they head for Austin.

And thanks to Maxine Abbott for inspiring the second chapter.

1. Scranton City Limits, Sometime in 2013 by darjeelingandcoke

2. Scranton City Limits, Sometime in 2028 by darjeelingandcoke

Scranton City Limits, Sometime in 2013 by darjeelingandcoke
Jim’s spent his adult life failing to escape Scranton.

He’s tried to leave three times before, and always ended up right where he started.

This time, he’s getting out for good.

Because everything that ever pulled him back is coming with him.

Because Pam is riding shotgun, making faces at their kids in the backseat.
End Notes:
Would I rather be feared or loved? That's easy. I'd rather you recognize that all publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners, the original characters and plot are the property of the author, the author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise, and no copyright infringement is intended.
Scranton City Limits, Sometime in 2028 by darjeelingandcoke
Author's Notes:
Dedicated to Maxine Abbott, whose last review and whose story The Irrigation Room very much inspired this addition.
Jim leaves Scranton four times. Three for himself, one for them.

Now he comes back again for her. For his little girl who is somehow in the driver’s seat, bickering with her brother about the fastest way to Grandma and Grandpa’s.

They make pro/con lists about Penn State and Fordham and Canisius while Pam stares out the window. She sniffles once, quietly, listening to their babies.

He wants to tell her they’ll never really be gone, that their hearts will always pull them back.

Instead he hooks his pinky with hers and brings her hand to his lips.

Phil notices from shotgun, and rolls his eyes.
End Notes:
Penn State gave her the scholarship in the end, so... look, just read The Irrigation Room, it's all explained in there.
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=5880