one by one you let them go by the_musical
Summary:

pam lets the moments go. and she doesn't call.

set sometime during the summer between casino night and gay witch hunt.


Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Drabble
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 140 Read: 879 Published: November 29, 2006 Updated: November 29, 2006

1. Chapter 1 by the_musical

Chapter 1 by the_musical
Author's Notes:

my first fic, this little slightly larger drabble just popped in to my head.

disclaimer: they aren't mine, 'cause if they were i wouldn't have them doing this.

yogurt lids, paper, fabric softener, ice skates, cheese, and the color blue.

everyday it feels like she adds another ordinary thing to the list.

the worst part is the first moment: when the memory washes over her, and it’s so strong she thinks she’ll drown in it.

she thinks of the day he sat in the back of the office. she had called him seven times. her day, her mind filled with moments only he would understand.

she looses track of all the moments after that night she wants to call him: hundreds, maybe thousands. she won’t allow herself to just call. not until she has something big to say, something important, worth his time.

but every time she closes her eyes, allows the need to call him to pass, it gets a little easier to let them all go.

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=712