It's 3am by JamGirl
Summary:

Obviously a response to the Sleepless in Scranton challange, no one responded and I felt bad, so here's my attempt.

It's 3am, what is going on in the lives of our favorite Dunder Mifflinites?


Categories: Alternate Universe, Other Characters: Ensemble
Genres: Drabble
Warnings: None
Challenges: Sleepless In Scranton
Challenges: Sleepless In Scranton
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 1189 Read: 17465 Published: January 05, 2007 Updated: January 06, 2007

1. Ryan and Kelly by JamGirl

2. Angela by JamGirl

3. Toby by JamGirl

4. Andy by JamGirl

5. Creed by JamGirl

6. Karen by JamGirl

7. Roy by JamGirl

8. Michael by JamGirl

9. Jan by JamGirl

Ryan and Kelly by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: No matter how cool it's be to have a farm of Phylis' or a tree of Stanley, I dont own anything of the sort, the Office isn't mine.

It's 3am

Kelly snores. He lies awake staring at the ceilling desperatly thinking of ways to shut it out.

It'd be too obvious to get ear plugs. She'd notice.

But then again, there were ways to hide them, flesh toned seem the way to go.

And like clockwork, her snoring stops as she rolls over to put her arm around him. It was moments like this, lieing next to Kelly, that he found her the most beautiful; quiet. She isn't as bad as he'd likes to admit to himself. And as unusual as it sounds, he thinks he may even really fall in love with this girl.

 

Angela by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I just write about them, they're not mine.

It's 3am

Angela dreams.

There seems to be a bright light in front of her, looking around she sees she's in a church full of happy, yet reserved guests. All but two. Pam, in an orange dress, is making out with a man that looks like Jim, only he's faceless. Something only a whore would do at her wedding.

Her gown is as pure as fresh snow and she is carrying a bouque of yellow roses.

Curiosity strikes as she walks, not knowing who the man in front of her is. The music slowly comes into greater focus as she's realizing the theme to Battlestar Galactica is playing.

She reaches the bright light, still clueless to the mystery man.

She says "I do" as the man in front of her comes into focus.

Dwight decides that Klingon is the best way to say his "I do"

 

Toby by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: see previous chapters.

It's 3am.

Toby knew that eating the psycho hot wings at dinner would bite him in the butt. This is the worst case of heartburn he's had since her can remember.

He remembers a time before the divorce, a time when the marriage was new and exciting. He remembers how his ex, Ann, used to care for him when he couldn't sleep. She said that if he was feeling down, she'd always be there to care for him. Always had been the key term there.

He remembers the night he found out about Matthew, the man she had been cheating on him with for a year. The man she is married to now. The man that gets to see Sasha everyday.

Maybe the heartburn isn't anything more than heartache.

He closes his eyes and prays that he doesn't die alone.

Andy by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: nothing is mine.

It's 3am.

Andy wakes up to go to the bathroom.

Half groggy, he stumbles across his room to get to the bathroom. The trip seems longer at night than in the day.

The flourecent light he flicks on seems to temporarily blind him. He does make it to the toilet alright though. He had installed a mirror on the back of the door so that he can check him self out while he pees.

And in that sexy falsetto voice that he knows all chicks love, he sings about his sexiness. He laughs at it every time.

Creed by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: you get the idea.

It's 3am.

Creed plays the bongos.

He loves the steady beat and the sound they give off. He thinks they sound like tribal drums. He loves the echo of the beat surrounding him.

A gust of wind goes by sending chills down his spine. He pops some mung beans into his mouth.

Creed knows that this moment is why he lives in the woods.

Karen by JamGirl

It's 3am.

Karen lies awake wondering why it's so hard to fall asleep next to another human.

It's hard to find your peace when you hear breathing so close to your face. It freaks her out how much the temperature increases in a bed when someone is right there next to you, breathing.

She doesn't like being hot, it makes her sweat. She thinks she'd much rather die from being too cold.

She has to think of the brightside, this is far better than the sleeping arrangments in room 228. So what if Jim likes to snuggle. She can learn to live with it.

Roy by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: ajbdgjbagjdbgjabdjg you know.

It's 3am.

Roy doesn't remember the last time he's had a full night's sleep since Pam left.

He paces around his room, what used to be theirs. He tries real hard, but sometimes he knows that if he's standing in the right spot, he can still smell some of her perfume or shower gel. She left a bottle of it on accident in the shower.

He wants eveything to be like it used to. He wants to try to make it work. He wants to be a better man.

He open the fridge door to find a bottle of wine and a pizza box with one piece left. He reaches for the box to grab the last slice but stops to pick up the wine bottle. He bought it the night Pam called it quits. He bought it before she told him. He bought it for her.

He knows it's time to let go, so he pops it open and pours it right down the drain.

Michael by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I still have one.

It's 3am.

Michael sits straight up in bed. He reaches frantically for the phone and presses 2 down until it flashes Jan. As the phone rings he seems as giddy as a school girl, unable to sit still.

"Hello?"

"Jan, can I ask you a question?" Michael can't stop smiling.

"Michael? What are you doing? It's 3am, I, what is it?"

"When will you be back in Scranton?" his voice sounds as innocent and sweet as a 4 year old asking if he could have some milk and cookies before supper.

"This is why you called me? I can't, I dont know when I'll be back, Friday maybe? I really need to get to sleep, I have to be up in less than 2 hours and I didn't get to bed until midnight, Goodnight Michael."

"Uh Jan?" he knows she is exasperated with him.

"What is it, Michael?"

"I love you" he hears a sigh on the other end.

"I love you too."

As he puts down the phone he becomes sleepy again. Sometimes you just have to let someone know how you feel before you can fall asleep properly.

"

Jan by JamGirl
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: nothing is mine here. Just thoughts.

It's 3am.

Jan is sound asleep and peaceful. The phone rings. No one in their right mind would call me now she thinks as she answers the phone, groggy.

"Hello?"

"Jan, can I ask you a question?"

"Michael? What are you doing? It's 3am, I, what is it?" if he isn't dieing on the side of the road he should not be calling her at this hour.

"When will you be back in Scranton?"

"This is why you called me? I can't, I dont know when I'll be back, Friday maybe? I really need to get to sleep, I have to be up in less than 2 hours and I didn't get to bed until midnight, Goodnight Michael." she is just about to hang up the phone before being interrupted.

"Uh Jan?"

"What is it, Michael?" she is exasperated with him.

"I love you"

She sighs, she loves how sweet he is, just not this early in the morning. "I love you too." But she really does love him. Crazy.

Jan looks up at the ceilling and smiles a bit before falling back asleep.

This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=861