Five Times Jim Halpert has too much to drink by kells8995
Summary:

Just my "five times" effort! Enjoy!


Categories: Jim and Pam, Present, Past Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: None
Warnings: Moderate sexual content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 456 Read: 3836 Published: January 15, 2007 Updated: January 15, 2007
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by kells8995

Chapter 1 by kells8995

1.It’s May 11th.  He drives home after she answers him with a simple nod.  “Okay” was all he could muster and he walked slowly back to his car.  He walks in the door and grabs a beer and proceeds to drink away the memories of the last few hours.  Details like I can’t and misinterpret start to fade away.  When he wakes up in the morning his head is pounding and he isn’t sure if it is because of the beer or the thoughts of her that won’t leave his head.

 

2. It’s June 10th.  He wakes up and grabs a beer.  He doesn’t want to think about her today.  He wants to get drunk and forget about her marrying him.  It will be easier if the day is a blur and he can wake up on June 11th and it will all be over.  He doesn’t remember the call to her cell phone at 3:00pm when he tells her that he’s sorry and that he wants her to be happy. 

 

3. It’s July 4th.  He (foolishly) waited weeks for her to call and tell him the news herself.  Kevin had called him on June 11th to tell him that she didn’t get married.  But she never called.  He drinks too much today because he remembers her telling him how much she likes fireworks on July 4th – except that she doesn’t like the sound they make.  He pictures himself wrapping his arms around her and covering his ears.  So he has a few more beers to blur that image and drift into sleep. 

4. It’s November 9th.  He found out today that he is going back.  To Scranton.  To her.  He had come a long way, at least he thought he did.  Work was good.  Karen was good.  Things were looking up.  But one short conversation with Jan made his world come crashing down around him.  He told Karen that he was tired and probably coming down with something – could he take a raincheck on dinner?  He came home and grabbed a beer when he realized that was the first of many lies he would tell her. 

5. It’s February 2nd.  He had already had too much wine but he isn’t sure if that is why his head is spinning.  He is making love to her on the floor of her apartment after she told him she loved him.  They laughed and drank wine and caught up on every detail of their lives that they had missed.  They drank more wine and started kissing and exploring every inch of eachother’s bodies.  They drank more wine and explored some more.  He was sure his head would hurt in the morning but he didn’t care. 

End Notes:
reviews, as always, are happily received!
This story archived at http://mtt.just-once.net/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=934