- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Huge thanks to GreenFish for the beta!

 

 

"Oh my god. I'm either going to kill Dwight, or he's going to be the death of me." Jim leaned low over her desk to whisper.

Pam looked up at him and grinned. "I know. He's being so obnoxious. I'm sorry."

"Not your fault. But this can't go unpunished. I came close to losing a big customer because he couldn't hear me over Dwight's recorder in the background."

"So what's the mission? I'm totally in."

"Great. Do you have plans Sunday night?"

"It's Easter, so I'll be at my mom's for church, but I should be back mid-afternoon."

"Perfect. Meet me here about eight. If any of your cousins get Peeps in their Easter baskets, bring those, too." With a mischievous grin, Jim returned to his desk.

*****************

Pam was running late Sunday evening. She tried to convince herself that she wasn't spending so much time on her hair because she was meeting Jim. It had been drizzly during the Easter Egg Hunt, and her curly hair was frizzy. That was all.

She spotted Jim's car near the door as she pulled into the parking lot. He was bent over with his head in the trunk, and she couldn’t help but notice his backside – God, he looked good in jeans. She took a second to enjoy that, before checking her hair and makeup one last time. Pam hopped out and joined him by his car.

"Hey. I'm here. The kids ate all the Peeps, so I... Oh my god! Did you rob the Easter Bunny?"

Jim stood and grinned. "Sort of. I went to every Target, Wal-Mart, and grocery store in a 20-mile radius and bought all their leftover Peeps. They were on sale. Do you think I went overboard?"

Pam looked down at the trunk full of Peeps, and then craned her head around to look at his backseat, which was also filled with the familiar colorful boxes. "What are we going to do with all these guys?"

"We're Peeping Dwight."

"We're doing what?"

"We are about to cover every inch of Schrute's Space with Peeps."

Pam stared up at Jim in awe. "Excellent. How are we going to get these inside?"

"I borrowed a cart from the warehouse, so we should be able to get everything inside in two trips."

Together they unloaded Jim's car and took everything into the office. Jim's game plan was simple. If it belonged to Dwight, it needed a Peep, if not more than one. They used Peeps as pencil toppers for all the pens and pencils on Dwight's desk and the spares he kept in a drawer. Jim flattened a yellow duck over Dwight's mouse and put a multicolored row across the top of the computer. Pam spread double-sided tape over Dwight's chair and covered the cushion with Peeps. Even the Bobble Head became a pink Bobble Duck.

Soon everything was covered. Pam stepped back to admire their work. "This looks amazing. We did good."

"Not so fast, Beesly. Your work here is not done."

"What else are we going to do to him? Every inch of his desk is covered."

Without a word, Jim smirked. He pulled the stepladder out of kitchen and removed three tiles above Dwight's desk.

"What are you doing?" Pam asked.

"I guess you didn't notice the wooden skewers in the last bag over there..." He pulled the bag out, opened the package of skewers, and began to cover the bottom of the tiles with Peeps. Pam grabbed a tile, sat beside him, and went to work. When they were done, Jim carefully put the tiles back in place so the Peeps hung from the ceiling.

Pam looked up and surveyed the rainbow canopy they’d created above Dwight’s desk. She glanced over at Jim, her mouth twisting up into a smile.

"Anything else, Tom?"

"Tom? Um, how many of these things have you eaten? I think they're pretty bad for your health. I'm Jim, remember?"

"Peeping Tom!" She grinned up at him, waiting for him to laugh. "Sorry, that was lame."

"Yes, Pam," Jim said, nodding, "that was very lame. But if you help me lay the carpet, I'll forgive you."

Together they "carpeted" the area around Dwight's desk with army straight lines of Peeps, being careful not to infringe on Jim or Ryan's space. It was nearly midnight when they gathered the trash and leftover Peeps and headed back to their cars.

Pam stopped as they reached their cars. "Thanks for including me in this. I can't wait until tomorrow."

"Yeah, the look on his face will be priceless. Remember you can't give away that anything is wrong when he walks in. Not a peep out of you!"

"Okay, who's lame now?"

"'Night, Beesly. Why don't you take some of the leftovers as a souvenir? And get here early so we're here before Dwight."

She winked at him. "Thanks, Jim. See you tomorrow!"

**************


Pam and Jim were at their desks when Dwight walked in. Pam struggled to keep a straight face as Dwight's expression almost instantaneously turned to rage.

"You did this!" He pointed at Jim, as Jim slowly swiveled around in his chair.

"You can't prove that," Jim said, expressionless.

"Where were you last night?"

"Hanging with my peeps."

Behind her desk, Pam dissolved into giggles.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

The idea came from here: http://www.badcasserole.com/peeps/ There are a couple pictures of the Peeps hanging from the ceiling if you need a visual.



FNB is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Peeps also liked 252 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans