- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own this show or the characters!
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just a one shot, takes place in Business School. I so wish it would've happened...

Pam and Michael continued to make small talk about her art work and things work-related. He told her about what happened at the business school, and she did her best to comfort him. When he asked her who had come, he was surprised to hear that Roy was one of them.

"Roy? I thought you guys made it official, that you were over. I mean Pam, everyone has seen the way he treats you, why did you go back to him?"

"Um, I- uh- he's changed, Michael, and I think that there may be another chance for us." Michael just nodded. Pam told him about Oscar and Gil, and then about how she was taking stuff down when he had come in.

"What?"

"What?" She questioned right back.

"Where was Jim?"

"Oh... um, I don't know Michael, he was always so, so supportive of my art work, and-" She trailed off, as the tears started to come, Michael wrapped her in tigh embrace.

"Pam, it'll work out. Jim loves you, I can tell. And when you rejected him twice, I think he's just a bit hurt still. You should talk to him, TELL him how you feel." Michael pulled away from her, and looked at her, "Alright? Will you make me that promise, that you'll tell him? 'Cause I want to know what'll happen." He grinned, and she smiled.

"Okay Michael. But wait, what about Karen...and Roy?"

"Pfft, forget about them. You and Jim deserve each other." And with that he walked out the door with her painting.

She started to take down more of her art work. These things in the wall were not easy. The only one she had gotten down was the one Michael had taken. The place was empty, and she felt so cold. She heard something, but figured it must be the wind, and didn't turn around.

"Beeseley! Why are you taking everything down?" Pam jumped at the sound of his voice, she turned around and saw him smiling at her in a way that just made her melt.

"Oh...Well the exhibit is over, Jim. Why didn't you show up earlier? Too busy with Karen?" She felt bad for attacking him, but she wanted to know for real why he didn't show.

"Wow, hello to you, too. I didn't show up earlier because I thought you'd be too busy with Roy." He stared at her cold. She had to look away, "By the way, Karen and I got in a huge fight, because I wanted to go, but she didn't and I fought really hard, and so she dumped me." Jim looked down.

"Over my art? Why doesn't she let you see me? Does she honestly think I'm competition?"

"Yeah, Pam! Hell yeah she thinks you're competition! She knows about Casino Night, and how I'm so, so in love with you. And she knows I don't feel the same way about her than I do about you. Or that I look at her differently than you. And whenever we kiss, she always, always asks me if it was as good as yours. I always shake my head." He looked up at her, and could see that she was crying.

"Pam, please don't cry, you don't know how long I've wanted to tell you that." She smiled, and so did he.

"It's just-" She sniffled,"It's just that- I love you too." She whispered.

He scoffed, "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"I said... I love you."

"Nope, sorry, didn't hear it. You're gunna have to say it way louder." He walked closer to her, and put her hands in his. And suddenly, they were in the same position as they were at Casino Night, when she told him that she was still going to marry Roy, she didn't want to mess this relationship up with Jim again. She was going to tell him, and she was going to kiss him just like Casino Night.

"I love you Jim Halpert." He smiled, and it almost looked like his eyes were glistening with tears.

"Pam... I can't. And I'm not just saying that to you to get back at you, but you are with Roy. And I wouldn't want to get in between that man, and you. I'm sure you guys will have a nice steady, boring relationship."

"You know, Jim. I dumped him for you, but you left Stamford, I waited for you, but you were too much of a coward. Then you came back with-with Karen," She sounded disgusted with the name,"And now I'm spilling my heart out-"

"And I'm leaving you, because yet again, you're with Roy."

"Oh my god.....you're right. It's just that, when I saw you and Karen dancing, I knew it was over between you and me."

"It wasn't over for me. It still isn't over." He crushed her to him, and kissed her hard. She heard herself moan into his mouth. Finally, Jim was kissing her again. It wasn't an angry kiss, it was a kiss, to finally say, "We both love each other, let's forget everybody else, and just love each other."

And that's exactly what they did, right in front of Pam's art work. On the cold floor, but it didn't matter, because a warm Jim Halpert was lying right next to her.
-------------------------------------------------------

The next day at work, Roy didn't show up once to talk to Pam.

"How did you tame the beast?" Jim grinned. Pam slapped him hard for that one, and told him that she had dumped Roy hard, and he had gotten drunk and drove to the next town, and was now working at some fishing place. Jim laughed at this, and Pam kissed him.

He pulled away slowly, "Um wow, um you know we are at work right?"

"Yup, I just know that there is someone who has been dying to see that for about three years." She winked at Michael in his office, and he gave her the thumbs up, and she kissed Jim again.

"Pam! Stop kissing me!" He laughed and she giggled, "You're in trouble tonight." And with what he walked away, and gave her a wink. She just about melted. She finally knew that Jim was her's. And she was Jim's.
Chapter End Notes:

 

The whole, "It wasn't over for me. It still isn't over," is from one of my fave love stories, The Notebook. Just got done reading the book and watching the movie! :) Hope you all enjoyed, I very much enjoyed writing it! Please review!!!!!



Jammer is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Second Chances also liked 1686 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans