- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The "Dancing Pam" challenge looked lonely so I answered it. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 Spin

 

T’was the Friday before Christmas, and Michael had insisted that everyone go out for a drink after work. Jim had tarried a few minutes after everyone else left, putting the finishing touches on a Christmas-themed prank for Dwight.

 

He walked into the restaurant alone, quickly spotting the group of his co-workers huddled around the bar. Music, of the tired late-80s hair band variety still popular in these parts, was blaring from the jukebox in the corner, next to the tiny stage where live performers were featured on Saturdays.

 

Jim was halfway to the bar, unwrapping his scarf from around his neck, when Phyllis emerged from the crowd and took two steps onto the dance floor. She walked at an odd angle, one arm trailing behind her. Jim realized with the normal pang that her hand was tugging at a laughing, resisting Pam.

 

A spout of encouraging shouts shot up around the bar, and Pam fell forward as though pushed from behind. Kelly and Meredith followed, and the four women started to dance.

 

Jim reached the bar and said hello to Toby, who as usual was sitting as far as possible from Michael. After taking a quick inventory (Stanley, Dwight, Oscar, no Angela, no…oh, no Roy), he let his eyes return to the giggling, grooving quartet. Meredith and Kelly both looked like they’d started the party much earlier, clinging to one another in drunken affection as well as for support in staying upright. Phyllis was very light on her feet, moving well with the music and smiling like a much younger, happier woman.

 

And Pam. Pam was…delightful. Jim didn’t even realize he was smiling. Pam was not exactly a good dancer. She was a little shy, a little awkward, not nearly as rhythmic as Phyllis or as sensual as Kelly. Still, she looked like she was having a wonderful time. She had a broad smile on her face and her cheeks were pink from the exercise (or the drink she had put down before being dragged out to join the others).  Jim knew from her expression that she thought she looked dorky (he could even hear her say the word in his mind), but he wasn’t sure he’d ever seen anything more adorable.

 

The thought crossed his mind just as Pam happened to glance his way. Both of their smiles deepened as their gazes met. Pam rolled her eyes a bit and did a funny spin, and Jim laughed.

 

It was very cute.

 


nqllisi is the author of 87 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Spin also liked 355 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans