- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Forgive my title. I've exhausted my creativity writing the actual story. That's kinda sad.

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing Office-related. I'm learning to cope.

 

"Please, just one more store?"

Jim sighed. It had been just "one more" store for the last three stores now, and they still hadn't found those elusive Herr's Salt and Vinegar chips.  "Fine, but this is the absolute last store.  Your mom's gonna hate me if we're late to dinner, and you know how terrified I am of your mom. "

Karen beamed, "Oh, whatever, you know she loves you.  And I really have such a craving for those chips!"

He rolled his eyes. "The things I do for you."

"It's because you love me." She smiled smugly as she reclined in her front passenger seat.

And he really did. It had been a long day at work, and he was tired, but Jim was utterly powerless to say "No" when Karen flashed that charming smile in his direction.  Even if it meant driving all over town to find a stupid bag of chips. Heck, he'd drive all over Pennsylvania just to put a smile on her face.

They searched up and down the chips aisle at Food Lion for what felt like ten times before Karen cried out in triumph, "Found them!"

Jim forgot how tired he was as he laughed at the little jig she did, right there in the middle of the supermarket, with a bag of chips in her hand.  Can she get any cuter?

"Alright, alright, we got your precious chips. Now let's go look for a peace offering for your mother and get out of here."

*******

"Mom! We're home!" Karen yelled, before running up the stairs.

"It's about time! What took you guys so long?"

Jim walked into the kitchen and hugged his wife from behind and gave her a peck on the cheek as he set down his peace offering in front of her.

"Thank you for the mixed berry yogurt, but you're still late for dinner." Pam said with a sigh.

"Sorry, your teenage daughter insisted on driving all over Scranton to find those chips again."

Pam scrunched her face, "Those gross salt and vinegar ones?"

"Yep, those are the ones," Jim turned her around in his arms so she was facing him. "You know, it still weirds me out that you wanted to name our daughter ‘Karen,' and then she goes and likes those same chips..."

"...And that's where the similarities end," Pam interrupted. "I told you a hundred times, I always wanted to name my first daughter Karen. I don't care if it's the same name as your ex. I like the name." She wrapped her arms around Jim's neck. "And anyways, I always knew in the end you'd come to your senses.  That Karen was just a detour."

"A detour huh?" Jim raised his eyebrow.  "Well, then I'm glad you brought me back on track, Mrs. Halpert."

"Me, too, Mr. Halpert." She whispered just before his lips descended onto hers.

Chapter End Notes:

*giggles as two horns are seen growing out the top of her head.*

Please review!



StarShine is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked The Second Time Jim Goes Chip Hunting also liked 1740 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans