- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Spring cleaning. I don't think anyone liked hearing those words. It meant a day of dusting, scrubbing and finding things you'd lost months ago, maybe even on purpose. Pam tried to get there at least an hour early so she could be the first one done with her cleaning. She wanted to cut out early to get a start on the weekend. Luckily for her, no one else had gotten the same idea. She hung up her coat and got herself situated. She got out her iPod, that she had to buy herself since Roy bought her the wrong one for Christmas. She put the buds into her ears and put it on shuffle. She got out her cleaning supplies and began cleaning. In the middle of going through old papers, a familiar song began to play. 'A Song For the Lonely' by Cher. She couldn't remember what possessed her to put this in her music collection, and she began to laugh to herself. She checked the time. No one would be in for another 20 minutes. It wasn't long before she was cleaning and dancing at the same time. She started by swinging her hips as she shredded papers then quickly moved to singing into her duster. She knew she couldn't dance, but it was fun to do when no one was around. Towards the middle of the song, she started to get really into it. She began dancing festivly around the office, spartically stopping to sing into her duster microphone. She was having so much fun, she didn't notice him walk in. When she finally caught his eyes, he was trying hard to contain his laughter. She pulled the buds out of her ears embarrassed.
"Sorry, I didn't know anyone was here, yet, " she stammered.
"No, no, it's fine. You looked like you were having fun," he said, holding back laughter.
"How long were you standing there?"
"Long enough to see why you never dancing in public." She slapped his arm and put the buds back into her ears. She grabbed his arms and made him dance with her until the song was over.

Spring cleaning's not so bad after all...



bigtuna86 is the author of 4 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans