- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Takes place approximately during "Gay Witch Hunt" - no spoilers or specific reference to events in that episode.

- Track One -

 

Six weeks earlier she had called off her wedding, giving Roy his ring back and going to stay with her parents. 

 

Five weeks earlier she had put down the security deposit on a small one bedroom apartment with big windows overlooking a grove of trees. 

 

Three weeks earlier she had finally stopped crying herself to sleep every night.

 

Tonight she had ordered Chinese take-out, and finally got around to unpacking her CD's and books to the new bookcases she had bought at Target.  She loaded 5 discs in to her new CD changer, hit the random play button on the remote, and set about organizing her collection.

 

When The Beatles came on, she stopped what she was doing and lied back to listen:

 Who knows how long I've loved you

You know I love you still

Will I wait a lonely lifetime?

If you want me to, I will 

This song always reminded her of her father.  When she was a girl, he had sung it to her each night when tucking her in to bed.  He always made sure she was safe and warm, and that the monsters under her bed had been scared away before turning out the light and closing the door behind him.  For the first few nights in her apartment alone, she had hummed that tune to help herself drift off to sleep in her scary new world.

 

And when at last I find you

Your song will fill the air

Sing it loud so I can hear you

Make it easy to be near you

For the things you do endear you to me

Oh, you know, I will 

Her thoughts turned to Jim, not for the first time that day. 

 

That night when she hummed the tune in bed, she wasn't thinking about the monsters that could be lying underneath.  She was thinking about who wasn't lying beside her.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Song Lyrics are from "I Will" by The Beatles, written by Lennon/McCartney

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans