- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sort of different, I think. Warning: very brief, single-use of profanity.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

+++++++

Pam stood in front of the giant mirror in her hotel room. She turned to study her profile, and smoothed a hand over the white fabric of her dress. She still couldn’t believe that she was here, finally. She smiled and fixed one of her loose curls at the front of her face.

“Oh, Pam,” her mom sighed, “you are absolutely breathtaking. Pam turned and her mother was holding up a delicate veil affixed to a silver tiara.

“Are you ready for your veil? Come here,” she said, “let me help you.” She turned Pam around so she was facing the mirror, and fixed her veil from behind. She leaned in and whispered, “I am so proud of you, sweetheart. You look beautiful. And he’s amazing, and you deserve this more than anything in the world.”

“Oh, Mom,” Pam’s voice cracked and her eyes filled with tears, “I love you so much. I can’t tell you how much it means to me that -- oh – oh no, my makeup!” Pam laughed and her mom gently pressed a tissue below her eyes before she wiped her own away.

“Oh,” Mrs. Beesly sniffed, “look at us silly women! Here, let’s get your shoes on. I think it’s just about time here.”

Pam grinned, and shook her hands at her sides. “I’m kind of nervous.”

“Sweetie, you’ll be amazing. I’ll go get your father. He’ll want to see you before it all happens.”

+++++++


“Hah,” Roy’s brother laughed, “I gotta tell ya. I never thought I’d actually see you doing this.”

Roy’s face was serious – no, melancholy. He shrugged. “Hey, I’ve got class. You know how I feel about Pam. I just want to see her happy.”

“Yeah, man, I know. It’s cool everyone could be here and be civil with each other; you know, with what happened with you and Halpert or whatever.”

Roy knew that comment about being civil with each other was directed right at him. “Dude, can you not bring that up? It was a long time ago and everything’s cool. I can’t speak for him, but I plan on making this as shit-free as possible. I’m just trying to be happy today. Please, please just be supportive and shut up.”

Roy’s brother looked at the ground and nodded. “I’m sorry, Roy,” he said.

Roy knew what he meant. A silence filled the air, and Roy slipped on his shiny black dress shoes, finished buttoning his shirt and fiddled with his shirt cuffs. He took a deep breath, and he and his brother headed to the beach.

+++++++

The ceremony was beautiful. They’d ended up bumping the wedding to November, and although Scranton was nice, they’d decided it would be amazing if they invited everyone down to Hawaii and had the wedding there after having fallen in love with it while vacationing a year before. The cost had been an issue, but they’d also realized it would end up saving them money if they could combine the wedding and honeymoon. They had decided to just spend a couple of days there after everyone else had gone back home. Alone. Michael had been incredibly supportive and had instructed them to take as much time as they needed; that Dunder-Mifflin would not flounder because they weren’t there.

The reception was held at a small restaurant on the beach that had been closed for their private party. Pam was beaming the whole night. She was so pleased that her whole family had made it, and that in fact, most of Dunder-Mifflin had made it with the exception of Ryan who couldn’t miss his classes for three days. She was glowing with confidence and happiness – she was truly a blushing bride, bubbly and giggly and talking to everyone, like she couldn’t hold her love and excitement in and it just surrounded her and latched on to everyone within a two-metre radius of her. She’d waited so long for this day, and it had finally happened.

Roy walked over and she smiled. “Hey,” she whispered, “thank you so much.”

Roy smiled back warmly and glanced at his feet. “No problem,” he chuckled, “you know how I feel.” Before he turned away, he looked her right in the eyes. “Oh hey, one more thing,” he said. “Congratulations, Mrs. Halpert,” and he smiled once more, and strode back to his table.


tabitha is the author of 2 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans