- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Ok, everyone. This is the first MTT attempt at trying this round robin thing with GreenFish, time4moxie, and sophia_helix taking over for me. We didn't discuss how this story was going to unfold so we'll just have to see how this ends.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the first chapter. GreenFish will be up next and I hope she likes how I started it.
"Pam!"

It was barely 9 o'clock and she wasn't awake enough to respond with as much enthusiasm. "Hey Kelly," she said.

"Did you see American Idol last night?" Kelly said, leaning over Pam's desk, her blue robin's egg coat still on.

Well, at least she wasn't talking about Ryan. In fact, it actually made Pam perk up. She was going to like this conversation. "I totally did. OK, was Paula high on something last night? Or was it just me?"

"It was not just you. Did you notice how she tried to compliment everyone, you know, how she usually does? It all came out with this nasty tone to it."

Over Kelly's shoulder, Pam saw Ryan walk in the door and then walk right out again. She didn't want to get involved with whatever was going on in that relationship so she kept her mouth shut. "She sounded meaner than Simon," Pam said.

Kelly leaned over Pam's desk, her voice getting lower. "On another note, I have gossip for you. What are you doing for lunch?"

"Um...the break room. As usual."

Kelly looked around suspiciously. It was like watching a female version of Dwight and it was creeping Pam out. "No way! We're going to that new deli down the street. I heard their salads are awesome!" Kelly's awesome sounded sing songy, even if she as she was trying to be super sneaky.

"Um...OK. So why can't we do it here?"

"It has to be away from the office because it's about someone in the office!"

This was making Pam more interested. "Really?" she said, a smiling forming on her lips. "Who?"

"Karen!" Kelly eyes opened wide as she said the name, but whispered it in a way that made it sound like she was using all the energy in her body to not scream.

Pam could feel the shock on her face, but she quickly hid it as she saw Jim and Karen walk through the door. "So just give me that paperwork by noon and I'll fax it on to corporate before the deadline today."

"What?" Kelly said, before realizing that Jim was standing next to her, hanging up his coat. "What...um...what did you say the deadline was?"

Pam was glad she quickly recovered. "Noon. So why don't you bring them by and then we can go to lunch after that."

"Sounds good," Kelly said, quickly walking back to the annex with Toby. "Oh, and remind me that I have to tell you the latest about what happened to Britney Spears," she added, giving Pam a very exaggerated wink.

As Kelly walked away, Pam watched Karen give Jim's arm a quick squeeze before going over to her own desk. Pam had no idea what Kelly knew, but it was going to bother her until lunch.
Chapter End Notes:
So what's Kelly's secret? Is Ryan trying to avoid Kelly more than usual? I have no idea. Talk to GreenFish.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans