- Text Size +

 

Jim and Pam trying to work back their friendship; post Cocktails. I am going to experiment with writing styles and POV’s every chapter, so bear with me until I figure out where I’m comfortable. I also don’t want it to be all Jim/Pam so I’ll try and add other stories in to mix things up.

Note: Italics represents a talking head. And yes, I will do everything in my power to do a little character assassination to Karen; She deserves it, that hussy /Angela.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 Michael Scott sits at his desk, clutching his "Worlds Best Boss" mug and looking out his window, back turned to the camera.

"Sometimes, in a family,, there can be problems between members. Let me give you a hypotheticality here; if my son, let’s call him Tim, falls in love with my daughter, um…Pam…ith, yeah, Pamith, but she is engaged to my brother Troy then, well there can be problems. You know, there is always the chance that this could be worked out smoothly, but if Troy is a crazy, dunk….physcopath, well, then I don’t think things are going to end well. But, you see, it is my job to be the responsible parent and mediate the conflict, you know, be there for my kin."

Michael turns around and smiles. He has a black eye and a thick bandage on his cheek.

"I never liked my brother anyway."

 

"Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam." Her voice is shaky. "Oh, he’s not in today, can I take a message?" As she writes down the message, Pam’s eyes catch Karen staring from across the room, cold and full of anger. She stiffens a bit, then turns back to her computer, trying to appear calm. Pam lowers her head and hangs up the phone.

 

 

"Yeah, I told Roy about casino night. Um, he didn’t take it very well. You know, there I was, thinking we both had grown up, and I realized exactly why I had called off my wedding. I’m glad I told him."

Pam shifts uncomfortably in her seat, crossing her arms as she quickly glances back to the main office.

"Roy ended up coming into the office that next Monday. He beat up Jim pretty badly. Michael tried to help, but Roy punched him into the copier. It was actually some of the warehouse guys who stopped him." She closes her eyes as she finishes. "Dwight ended up taking Jim and Michael to the hospital. I was going to go, but Karen said she would handle it, so, yeah." She tenses up even more. "That was last week and Jim hasn’t been back yet. Karen won’t tell me how he’s doing." She opens her eyes and gives the camera a questioning look.

 

"Why haven’t I told Pam about how Jim is feeling? Well…" She tenses up and fights the urge to say something. "It’s none of her business."

 

Kevin sits in the break room with Oscar, both eating their lunches. Angela walks in to take something from the refrigerator as Dwight enters through the other side. They both stop short as they take each other in, then quickly avert their eyes as Dwight jolts past her back into the main office.

Kevin slowly grins and looks up at Angela.

"What’d you do…or not do, for him?" He asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you not that fond of his…beats?" He snickers as Oscar holds a closed fist to his mouth, trying not to laugh.

"I honestly do not know what you are talking about." She crosses her arms and glares at him. Kevin stops giggling.

"Just tell me." He smiles again, "Did your pussycat scratch him?" Angela storms off too Toby’s desk while Kevin falls out of his chair laughing.

Oscar gives him a look and chuckles. "Niiiiice."

 

"Yes, Dwight and I have taken our relationship public. We both believe that we are responsible and mature enough to not let our feelings affect our job performance." Angela’s smile disappears as she folds her arms. "Obviously, some people just aren’t mature enough to handle these kinds of things."

 

Pam nearly jumps out of her seat when the office door opens. She looks in anticipation but falls back to her seat as Jan walks in. Jan smiles sympathetically at her and asks for Michael.

"In his office." Pam answers.

"Ah, my beautiful, talented Jan Levinson Scott, in front of me as though it were a dream!" Michael runs from his door and places his hands on her shoulders, attempting to kiss her. Jan leans back and rolls her eyes.

"Michael, we are not married. I don’t have your last name."

"Yet." Michael smiles and quickly gives the cameras a glance.

"Michael." She snaps, " Enough." She steps back and tries to gather herself. "I need to talk to you, Jim and Pam in your office immediately." Pam gasps while Karen’s eyes move quickly from Jan to Pam. "Where is Jim?"

"Um," Karen rises from her chair quickly, "Jim is at home- at my place-" she quickly glances at Pam with a cold smile, "He’s not coming in today." Pam lowers her eyes and tries to distract herself.

"Okay, well call him and tell him to get here immediately." Jan looks at Karen with a bit of shock. "Wait a minute, you are Jim’s girlfriend?" Karen raises her chin proudly and nods. Jan looks confused. "Interesting, I always thought he would end up with Pam. Oh well. Just call him." She looks at Michael, who is staring at her intensely. "Let’s go into your office."

As they leave, Pam slowly looks over to Karen, still shocked. When she looks up, however, Karen is standing directly in front of her, eyes glaring. She gives a sarcastic smile.

"You know, just because you can’t make a relationship work doesn’t mean you can try and break up someone else’s happy relationship."

Pam looks shocked, but quickly pulls herself together.

"I’m not trying to break anybody up. I was trying to make things right in my life; I just forgot how much of an idiot Roy is."

"Well, then you’ll be happy to know that I have taken great care of Jim this past week." She winks as her eyes narrow in anger. "You should see how happy I make him."

Pam’s face twitches as she tries to hold back her anger. But, feeling a little more cocky, she stares into Karen’s eyes with passion.

"You have no idea what it’s like to make him happy. I should know."

Karen is taken aback.

"What’s that suppose to mean?

Pam smiles.

"Why don’t you call him and find out?"


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans