- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't own anything...how I wish I did. Italics parts are talking heads.
She had come to Scranton, Pennsylvania as a temp. But after visiting her parents, driving past his old house, and then pulling into the Dunder-Mifflin parking lot, she knew she was really there for another reason. She knew the job had been offered to her because of her ties to Scranton, but she pretended it was because they knew it was important for her to see him again.

Making her way up the stairs to her new office-the elevator was taking too long-she realized that seeing Jim Halpert after three years was going to be very interesting. The door was heavy as she pushed it open, but she was greeted by the smiling face of the receptionist, Pam. Her finger went to her lips instantly to keep Pam from saying anything.

When she stood behind Jim, she took a deep breath and tapped him on the shoulder, "Excuse me, Mr. Assistant Regional Manager, did you want your car keys put in orange Jello or lime?"

Jim turned around in his chair to face her. She was wearing a suit and heels, her hair was unusually up, and she carried a large tote purse, but he would have recognized her anywhere. "Oh my God." He stood and pulled her into a hug. "Missie Von Dane, I can't believe you're really here."

"Believe it, Halpert. I'm here to stay, at least till Phyllis gets back from her honeymoon is five weeks." She pulled back and held him at arms length to get a good look at him. "Hmmm," she mused as she looked him up and down. "Looking good Halpert, looking good."

"And you? Seriously, look at you all grown up. I cannot believe you're dressing like an adult and all."

Missie backed up and turned around slowly, just in time for Michael to emerge from his office. "Well, well, well. Looks like Jimbo's got another ho. What's this one's name?"

She wasn't facing Michael, but needed no introduction. "Michael?"

Jim nodded, "Michael."

She turned to face her new boss, extending a hand as she did so. "Hello Mr. Scott, I'm your new temp, Melissa Von Dane. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Jim snickered behind her, placing his hand to his face to cover the smile forming on his lips. He turned away and returned to his desk, still laughing and smiling.


Jim.

"Yeah, I've known Missie for years. We met in high school, dated a little, and now we're friends. And now she's here and knows that Michael and Dwight are real. I think it's great."


Missie sat at her desk-Phyllis' desk-attempting to get work done. She was constantly being pestered by Michael and Dwight, two people she could have lived without meeting. Michael had already made seven sexually inappropriate comments to her and Dwight had grilled her for "classified" information on Jim. She had also met the old guy, Creed, who had scared her with his awkward comments.

She had found she actually like Stanley. Sitting across from him wasn't as bad as she thought it would have been. She had gotten the low-down on some of the other employees as only Stanley could have given it.

She also sat next to Karen. She was pretty. Not the kind of pretty she thought Jim liked. Karen just didn't seem like the type of woman Jim was usually with. Missie knew of Jim's feeling for Pam and she could only imagine Karen was the replacement girlfriend.

She had handled two phone calls and a pile of forms before noon. Jim asked her out to lunch, reassuring Karen he would see her later. Missie obliged and followed Jim out of the office, saying a pleasant goodbye to Pam as they left.


Pam.

"So, I met Missie about three years ago. She was in town to celebrate Jim's birthday and I thought she was really nice. I'm thinking she's going to be a really good addition to the office. And, maybe, we can become friends. Is that weird?"

Chapter End Notes:
Review an rate por favor. I get happy and then tend to write more when I get them.


lostfox555 is the author of 11 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans