- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER = I don't own ANYTHING!! =)
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK This chapter just introduces what will come in the rest of the story! I'ts a little slow, but you will not be dissappointed w/ chapt 2!!!

Jim's been getting weird vibes from Karen. At first he would just brush it off, thinking he's just getting paranoid, but lately, it's been bugging him alot. He'd always go to her desk to see if she would want to do something after work, but for some reason she already had plans. He wondered what in the world she could be doing. He knew she really didn't have friends in Scranton, concidering she just moved here about two months ago. He decided to forget it, and move along with his day.

--

He sat at his desk; sometimes he would glance over at her, but she was never looking his way. He needed to distract himself from all of this. He decided to go to the one person he felt himself around....

"Beesley!" He leaned his elbows on the reception desk, but Pam didn't even look up at him.

"Hey, Jim." She just continued to staple the papers together.

He didn't like the cold tone she was talking in, but he assumed he deserved it. For the past months he had been nothing but rude to her. He never even talked to her for more than five minutes! She had the right to be pissed.

"Look, I'm sorry for being a...well...an ass lately."

She still hesitated to look at him, but she couldn't help it. She looked up at him and gave a slight smile.

"I knew you'd come around...and was that trash talk comming from Mr. Halpert?"

She made an 'O' out of her mouth and he laughed with her.

He didn't want to seem rude to Karen, but he was trying to get under her skin. He knew how much he hated when he was around Pam.

"So. What have you been up to since I have been completely blocked out of your life for the past months?"

She was right about that, too.

"Well, nothing really. I feel the need to prank someone. Right now. Are you up for that?"

"It depends. Who's the target?"

He didn't want to choose one of the normals- Dwight or Andy. He wanted to make this one a little more interesting.

"Karen."

She looked a little surprised at his answer, but she agreed.

"So what did you have planned for Karen then? Don't you think it's mean to prank your girlfriend?"

No, he thought. What's mean is not telling your boyfriend the truth about what you are doing after work.

"Nah. She'll survive. Let's get out of here. Maybe we can plan this over some Starbucks?"

"I...I don't know Jim I have some faxes and...."

"Really? Faxes. Pssht. Lame excuse. Would you rather have a nice, warm cappicino, or faxes?"

She made a sidways smile and shook her head.

"I hate you. But...fine, I'll come."

"You know you love me, Pam."

It was about 30 seconds of silence, and Pam just looked at him, and he looked back at her.

"Alright, well..." she said averting her eyes, "let's get a move on, I'm thirsty!"

"Ok you better hurry up, "cause the last one to my car buys the drinks!"

As soon as she figured out what he said, he was halfway out the door. She grabbed her coat and flung the door open to see him pressing the button for the elevator. She decided to skip the elevator and head straight for the stairs.

"Hah stairs? Is that the best you got, Beesley?"

"It's better than waiting for that elevator!"

"True..."

He opened the door to the stairwell and started spriting down the flight of stairs. She tugged on his arm to pull him back, and she ran ahead of him. She sprinted out of the door and beat him to the car easily.

"Looks like you'll be paying. Hope you have alot of cash. I'm expecting a slice of cheese cake and a magazine when we are there."

"You're so dead."

He walked over to her side of the car and grabbed her sides. He began to tickle her, untill she begged him to stop.

"J--Jim!! St-stop it!!!"

He let her go, and she smiled, then tugged on her skirt and got into the car. It almost felt surreal to her how it took five minutes for them to be talking. Another five minutes for them to be laughing, and another five for her to realize her feelings for him never changed.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Much much more to come in the next chapters! This was just to introduce the plot, && in Chapt. 2, you will find where Karen's been...and it won't be pretty. !!!! =) Reviews && Ratings = life. So you get the picture.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans