- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This started out being so terribly different, but I think I like the way it turned out.
"We can't do this anymore." She sat on the edge of the bed, buttoning the top button of her dress shirt. She heard him turn around, but didn't face him.

"You said that last time."

"I mean it this time. We can't do this again." She stood, grabbed her purse off the nightstand, and made her way to the bathroom, never looking back at him. She stared into the mirror, checking her hair and makeup. She pulled out her compact, attempting to cover the redness he rubbed into her face. She didn't turn when she heard him lean against the door frame. "He'll kill you if he finds out about us."

"That's why we don't tell anyone. Besides, he won't kill me, I can take him."

"Please don't do this." She had stopped with the makeup, looking at him through the mirror.

"What?"

"You know what."

"You're the one that came to me and wanted to do this. I didn't approach you."

She turned around finally, staring at him, hands on her his. "It was supposed to be a one time thing. I didn't think we'd be sneaking off to fuck every chance we got."

"Well, you certainly aren't sneaking off to fuck him."

"That's because I'm not ashamed to be fucking him." She went to walk past him, but he stopped her by bracing his arm across the doorway. "Move."

"No."

"Roy," she said, a warning in her tone, "If you don't get the hell out of my way-"

"You'll what, hit me? I'm not scared of you."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Look, you have gone above and beyond the call of duty as a friend, but I can't do this anymore. I have to go back to him."

He dropped his arm, but she didn't move as he spoke, "What is it about Halpert that women leave me for him?"

"Grow up, Roy." She pushed past him finally. "Look, Jim is finally taking me somewhere as his girlfriend and that's enough for me to go back."

"I never pegged you as the weak type, Fillipeli."

"Well, you obviously don't know me very well." She walked towards the motel room door, but stopped with her hand on the knob when he spoke again.

"I think I know enough of you."

"Pervert." She looked back and smiled slyly.

"You know," he said, leaning against the wall, "Weddings are known to make people horny."

"The only person I'm sleeping with after Phyllis' wedding is Jim."

"What if he doesn't want to go home with you?" He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

She huffed, grabbed a hold of the door handle again, and pulled the door open, "Then I'll give you a call." She stepped out into the hall, but watched him walk towards her and grab the door.

"Bye babe."

"Bye Roy. Thanks again." She turned and walked down the hall.

"Anytime," he called after her. He watched her lift her arm and slightly wave at him before closing the door and getting dressed. His lunch hour was almost over and he couldn't be late getting back to work again that week-four times was enough-not that he was complaining.

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think.


lostfox555 is the author of 11 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans