- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Well it's easter and Michael is his usual self.

Michael Gary Scott stepped out of his office, surveyed his domain with a fatherly eye and smiled, he had a small surprise in store for them. Pam was behind her reception area answering the phone, he could hear her say "Hold on, I'll transfer you," and then look up in surprise and catch his eye. He waved it off to her as unimportant and she told the caller he was busy at the moment and to please call back in a few minutes. Karen was standing near Jim's desk, hand on his shoulder, helping him figure something out on the screen. Kelly and Ryan were talking quietly almost out of sight in the back. Finally Dwight arrived beside him and Michael could begin.

"Everyone, can I have your attention a moment." Fingers stopped typing, phone calls paused. "Thank you. Today is a special day."

"Suri's birthday?" Kelly asked excitedly.

"No no, today is Easter of course. At least it will be here in our office, since we're not open on the weekend. And to celebrate it we're going to do something special." Michael beamed with pleasure.

Toby edged towards him from the left, stopping six feet away. "Michael, you do remember last time? That man you hired in the bunny costume. He grabbed people, the women, from behind."

"-And me too!" interjected Kevin.

"Yes and Kevin too. So I hope you understand we can't do anything like that this year."

"Toby, you worry too much, and that is why you are going to die alone under a bridge. And traffic isn't even going to stop to see what happened to the spoilsport they pass in their cars while going to happy places you wouldn't let exist if you could have your way." Michael looked around with a self-approving grin at his attack on Toby. "Nothing like that this time, I'm just going to make everyone happy with something they really want."

Pam looked up hopefully, "Bonuses? Vacation time?"

"We're going to hunt eggs. Simple, traditional, can't go wrong. Dwight has hidden dyed boiled eggs around the office and it's your job to find them."

Stanley grimaced and raised an eyebrow. "My job is to get these reports done in time to be shipped to headquarters or we'll have more problems than lost eggs."

"No Stanley, that's your other job, your secondary job. Your main job today is to find the eggs."

Dwight lifted a finger, "I need to say something."

"Not now."

To the office, Dwight announced "Technically speaking they are not boiled eggs you are looking for."

Michael glared at Dwight. "What? I told you specifically to-"

"Eggs are round and easy to find, to make it more challenging..." Dwight Schrute puffed his chest out with pride, "I hid omelets." Off to the right he could see Angela smile.

"No, just no. You didn't." Michael was agitated now, shifting from foot to foot and alternating between glaring at Dwight and smiling to his captive audience.

"You said don't make it too easy." Dwight whispered to him. "Omelets can be hidden in more places, such as under mousepads."

Jim leaned back in his chair looking intrigued. "So there are rotting omelets all around this office?"

"Oh, I thought that was Phyllis," Karen said sincerely.

Michael raised his voice. "Find them anyway people, round flat or whatever they are."

"They are cheesy."

"Dwight, stop." Michael sighed.

"Cheese omelets."

"Just. No. Okay people back to work, and finish up your sales and accounting stuff when you have a moment after finding the eggs." Michael turned around and walked back into his office deflated, Dwight following.

"Twenty-three across. What's a seven letter word for time waster, it starts with an M?"

"I heard that, Stanley!" Blinds rustled, then snapped shut.







Swedge is the author of 16 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked A Michael Scott Easter - A Fragment also liked 54 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans