- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Jim get stwo tickets for a Beatles tribute band. The Fab Four are a real band, thefabfour.com is a real place, and so is Lackawanna County Stadium.

Please review!!!!

Jim turned on the news. It was 7 AM on a Monday morning. He made himself a cup of coffee (milk and two sugar packets, as usual) and sat down on his couch to watch. Usually, he didn’t watch the news, because of all the murders and robberies, but today he wanted something different for a change.

 

“And that’s the weather for today, I’m Chris Curtis, Fox 29.”

 

“Damn.” Jim muttered to himself. He had missed the weather forecast. It was one of those mornings when you couldn’t tell what the weather was going to be like. Jim didn’t know if he should wear his suit jacket, or just a plain blue shirt with a black tie. He chose the blue shirt/black tie combination. He didn’t want to admit it to himself, but he chose it because Pam once told him he looked good while wearing it.

 

Jim came back after putting on his clothes. He had an hour left before he was headed off to work.

 

“And in other news, tonight at the Lackawanna County Stadium will be open tonight for a concert. All you Beatles fans out there, come catch the tribute band “The Fab Four” play all your favorite Beatles songs.”

 

Jim loved The Beatles. When Jim was 6, his mom had given him all her old records from when she was a teen, and he listened to them all the time. He kept them too, because he knew that they would be valuable someday.

 

Jim was curious to see who this band was. He went to Google and searched for The Fab Four tribute. He came up with thefabfour.com. He found out that these guys were the real deal. They even had a couple of CD’s of Christmas songs in the style of The Beatles.

 

Jim thought this might be a good concert for Karen and him to go to. They were going through a rough patch at the moment. Karen had kept bringing up the subject of Jim’s feelings for Pam. Each night they discussed it, Karen would find out a little more about how Jim really felt for the Dunder Mifflin receptionist.

 

Jim called the ticket master at Lackawanna County Stadium.

 

“Hi. I was wondering if you had any tickets left for The Fab Four concert tonight?”

 

“We have only a couple left. How many would you like, sir?”

 

“Two, please”

 

“OK, sir. You can pick them up now if you like, or you can get them when you come for the concert”

 

“I’ll pick them up in about a half hour. Thank you very much.”

 

“No problem”

 

Jim hoped that maybe this would clear up the trouble he and Karen were having. Maybe it would bring them closer.

 

After picking up the tickets, Jim headed over to work. He hung up his jacket. When he said hello to Pam, Karen stared at him with an evil look. He just smiled back.

 

He booted up his computer, offered Dwight an Altoid, and turned on his IM. He clicked on Karen’s username.

 

JHalpert: Hey Karen, I have a surprise for you tonight.

 

KFilpelli: What is it, more information about your girlfriend Pam?

 

JHalpert: L Come on Karen, don’t get into this now.

 

KFilpelli: Fine. What is the surprise?

 

JHalpert: I got us two tickets to a Beatles tribute band tonight. They’re really good.

 

KFilpelli: I don’t like The Beatles.

 

JHalpert: It can still be fun. Concerts are always fun. Remember the great time we had at that Death Cab for Cutie concert in Stamford?

 

KFilpelli: I’m not going. The Beatles are for old people.

 

JHalpert: The Break Room. Two Minutes.

 

Jim was furious. He had never met a girl who was so god damn negative. He walked over to the break room. His breathing was heavy and he was red,

 

Pam looked at him.

 

“Hey Jim, are you OK?”

 

“No.” And with that, he walked into the break room, leaving Pam confused.

 

He waited there for another minute until Karen came in.

 

“What do you want, Jim” Karen said with a tired expression.

 

“I want to know why you’re being such a bitch.”  Karen lit up. Jim continued.

 

“I went out of my way to get these tickets and I thought we could have a good time but you’re being so damn negative and I can’t take it”

 

“Why don’t you just go with your girlfriend Pam?”

 

“ENOUGH!!!! I can’t fucking take this shit anymore. It’s over Karen. I don’t know why the hell I even wanted to be with you in the first place. It’s over”.

 

Jim stormed out of the break room. Karen went into Michael’s office.

 

“Karen Filpelli, my native salesgirl. What is it that you need?”

 

“I quit. I hate this place. Tell Jan that I’m done and that I’m never working for Dunder Mifflin again.” Karen walked out. Michael was stunned.

 

Jim sat back at his desk watching Karen take all her personal items from her desk. Everyone was watching her. As she was walking out the door, she turned around.

She looked Pam straight in her eyes and whispered softly “He’s yours now”. With that she left.

 

The rest of the day, Jim tried to concentrate on his work. He couldn’t really, because he was still fuming over the situation with Karen. He was glad that she was gone now.

 

Michael walked out of his office and exclaimed:

 

“Now that Karen is gone, I would like Ryan to take Karen’s desk and Jim to take his old desk back.”

 

Jim didn’t really think much about it until he moved all his items back to his old desk and sat down. Instead of staring at Dwight all day, he realized that he would be looking at Pam. Not so bad after all, he thought.

 

5PM came and Jim walked up to get his jacket. He looked at Pam.

 

“Almost Done, Beesley?”

 

“Yeah, I just have a couple of faxes to get out.”

 

“Umm….Hey, are you doing anything tonight.”

 

“Besides eating a Microwave dinner and watching TV, No. Why?”

 

“I have two tickets to a Beatles tribute band for tonight at Lackawanna County Stadium. You wanna come?”

 

“Oooh, I love the Beatles. I would love to go with you, Jim”

 

And that would be Jim and Pam’s first date of many dates to come.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Please review!!!


Office O Holic is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked One Hectic Day also liked 2348 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans