- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
 

1

It wasn't just the fact that he was touching her, leaning into her, sharing a moment with her, it was the fact she was letting him.  She was actually sitting there, sharing that moment with him as if I didn't exist.  She had always been close to Halpert, and that was fine, as long as they weren't that close.  He didn't scare me.  I could have taken him.  If we hadn't been in the office, if Pam hadn't been right there, I would have done it.  If she hadn't gone with me I might have done it.  I should have done it for good measure, but I didn't.  Damn it.  I should have just hit him right there. 

 

2

It wasn't that I meant to hurt him.  Not that it really matters.  It was a great feeling though, hitting him right in that big-ass nose of his.  She had been watching him, I know that.  I didn't really care so much that I'd get fouled.  I've seen the footage and it looks like a clean hit, an accident.  Something that could happen in any sporting event, but I know better.  Yeah, I hit him on purpose.  So what?  I should have hit him the other day when he was trying to cop a feel on Pam.  Yeah, I should have hit him then.

 

3

It wasn't that I specifically wanted to hit him on that booze cruise thing.  He brought that purse girl, Katy.  I remember her pretty well.  The thing, he didn't pay attention to her.  As usual, he paid attention to Pam.  That crap had to end.  Seriously, I was dating engaged to her and all he did was look at her and shit.  Maybe I should have hit him that night.  True, he didn't do anything specific, but hell, like I needed a reason.  Then I did one better.  Yeah, you can't see in the footage, but I saw Halpert's reaction to my little announcement.  That was better than hitting him.  Whatever, I still should have hit him.

 

4

It wasn't that he had a crush.  It was that it was him.  What the hell?  The fact that he had a crush on the woman I was engaged to.  I had never really hated Halpert.  Not till that day.  Oh, I took it well at the time, but I was pretty pissed.  I should have known something like that would happen.  Well, honestly, all those rumors about him being gay we're starting to make me think.  Sure, he dated women, but that didn't mean anything.  He did get close to Pam...and then that crush.  He got all nervous when I talked to him about it.  If I had been piecing all the shit he'd done before together, I would have hit him right there in the warehouse.  Looking back, I should have hit him for that little crush he had.

 

5

It wasn't that she didn't tell me.  It's that she did.  Halpert crossed the line this time.  I could get over the looks, the touches, the inside jokes.  I could even get over the fact that he had a crush on her, but this?  This is too much.  She wanted me to listen, but how could I?  How could I listen to her tell me about feelings and kisses and all that shit?  Honesty.  Yeah, honesty is shit.  All those things before were things I could look past.  Things I could let go, but not this.  I may not kill him for kissing Pam, but I am going to hit him.  I should have hit him before.  I didn't, but this time I sure as hell am.



lostfox555 is the author of 11 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans