- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I own a lot of CD's, a puppy named PARKER, this mac laptop, a fuzzy duck and a panini maker but I do not own anything else. Not Pam, not Roy, not even Jim (sigh). Any copyright infringements are unintentional and my bad.

 

I hope this isn't too cliched. It's unbetad so please bear with me. Reviews, suggestions, constructive compliments and cookies are welcome. 

Author's Chapter Notes:
First day of school
It was her first day of the last year of high school. Pam Beesley was excited to finish school and go to college. She threw her books haphazardly into her bag that morning before her football-player boyfriend picked her up.
    “Another turtle neck Pammy?” He pressed his lips roughly against her cheek as she slid smoothly into the car. “Can’t you wear something just a little bit sexier?”
    “I think it looks nice Roy,” she turned to face the window, tugging at her turtle neck self-consciously. Roy didn’t respond. Pam didn’t expect him to.

The ride to school was short and the music usually made up for lack of conversation. This morning they listened to Pink Floyd, Roy’s new favorite band. Pam wasn’t really paying attention to the music. She was too busy reassuring herself that she loved Roy.
    When they pulled into the school Roy parked in his usually spot. It was always left empty for the Captain of the football team. He grabbed his bag from Pam’s feet, kissed her cheek again and hopped out of the car to greet Daryll.
    “Later babe,” Roy waved to her as he walked into the school, leaving her to walk in alone. He wasn’t going to be winning Best Boyfriend of the Year anytime soon.
    Pam sighed, alone again, and slid out of the car. She threw her old canvas bag over her shoulder and walked into the school, alone again. She stopped by the front office to get a schedule and headed off to her first class. She grumbled as she walked into the math room. Pam had no interest in doing math first thing in the morning. She scanned her schedule as she walked to the back of the room, walking blindly to her usual spot. She threw her bag to the floor and attempted to sit down but instead of the hard wood of the chair, she was met with a pair of warm jeans.
    “Oh!” She jumped up quickly as soon as she realized that someone was in the seat. The boy laughed, his laughter making his brown scruffy hair shake. “I’m so sorry, I kind of spaced out there.”
    “Don’t worry about it, welcome back to earth.” He smiled at her, his eyes shining.
    “I’m just so used to sitting in this seat I guess I never thought that someone else would take it.” She picked her bag up and sat in the seat to his right. “I’m Pam.” She extended a small hand rather awkwardly to him, hoping to elicit a handshake.
    “Jim, it’s my first day.” He took her hand and shook it firmly. “Is it tradition at this school for a pretty girl to give a lap dance to the new boy? If so, I think I like it here already.” He winked.
    “Yeah, we used to have costumes but we lost funding so we just dance in our regular clothes now.” She smiled. There was something so easy about this boy that she just couldn’t pinpoint. Before he could respond the teacher entered the room and started the lesson.

    “Hey Pam!” Jim caught up with her as she was leaving the math room. “Do you want to have lunch with me today? You know, show the new kid the ropes?” He adjusted his bag on his shoulder.
    “Sure, I usually sit near the back window, if you want to meet me there?” She smiled as he nodded and she skipped off.
    First day at a new school and Jim Halpert knew he was doomed. How in the hell was he supposed to learn anything about calculus or trigonometry with an angel sitting right beside him? And how had he gotten so lucky that not only was she beautiful, funny, smart, charming, the list goes on, but she had agreed to have lunch with him? He smiled as he headed off to drama.

Chapter End Notes:

Please review if you like it. If you have suggestions I'd love them cause I don't know where Im going with this.

 

Chelsea xo 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans