- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer:  No copyright infringement intended.  All in pure fun.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer:  No copyright infringement intended.  All in good fun.

AN:  keep trying to get this out of my head, but everytime i pick up my knitting needles, it creeps in.

“Alright, citizens of Dunder Mifflin,” Michael proclaimed from the doorway to his office.  “The bus will be here at eight o’clock in the a.m. tomorrow and you guys need to be down in the parking lot, packed and ready.”

 

“Make sure the rooster crows, people,” Dwight added as he stepped over to Michael’s side.

 

“Yes, well, anywhoo, as you all know, our quarterly camaraderie event is coming up, and it’s going to be a history lesson.  A Dunder Mifflin history, that is,” Michael beamed and clapped his hands together as a collective groan was released by the office staff.  “Any guesses on where we’ll be going?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?”  He paused, waiting for enthusiastic shouts, but was only met by annoyed faces.  “Lake Wallenpaupack, …again!”  He was rolling his hands in a ‘come on, you’ve almost got it’ type gesture.  “…because we made history there last year.  And you know what they say; those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.”

 

“Is this another booze cruise?”  Stanley asked.  Meredith pumped an excited fist into the air.

 

“No, no, we’ll be on the beach this time.  I’ve been watching Survivor non-stop for the past two weeks and I’ve made my own competitions that will decide who will be the last one standing.  Now no more questions!”  He turned and walked back into his office, yelling, “Get back to work!”

 

“What does that mean:  last one standing?”  Karen asked no one in particular.  She looked to Jim for an answer, but he only shrugged, seeming to say ‘it could be anything.’

 

A little later that morning, Karen was perched on the corner of Jim’s desk.  Her arms were folded across her chest and they were chatting about the impending activities.  “So how far of a drive is this going to be?”

 

“It’s about forty five minutes east of here, but knowing Michael, we’ll be taking the scenic route.  I’d say about double that.  At least,” Jim said as he swiveled back and forth in his chair.

 

“Ugh.  An hour and a half on a bus.  With Michael.  Can’t. Wait,” she was about as enthusiastic as if she was getting a root canal.

 

Pam couldn’t help overhearing their conversation.  “Hey Karen,” she interrupted.  “Remember when you first got here, how you said you wanted to learn to knit?”

 

“Oh, yeah,” she nodded with a little confused smile on her face.

 

“I could totally teach you in an hour and a half.  It’ll keep us out of the line of fire when Michael starts in with the sing-a-longs and car games.”

 

“That would be great,” Karen said as she walked over to reception.  Jim turned around in his chair to watch.  She laid her palms on Pam’s desk and smiled with her mouth just a little bit open.  “Now I’m actually excited about going.”

 

“Cool.  I’ll bring you needles and yarn and you can make a scarf.  It’s really easy.  You’ll pick it up quickly,” Pam nodded as she spoke and decided she was excited, too.  Karen walked back to her desk, and Pam’s eyes caught Jim’s. 

 

“That was really nice of you, Beesley,” he whispered.

 

“I am nice,” she whispered back with a wink.

 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans