- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My first Office fic, so I hope it's okay.

Author's Chapter Notes:

My first try at an Office fic, so I hope it's okay...

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Pam is sitting up against the wall, with her knees tucked under her chin. She wonders how long until someone finds her, but she just needed to get out of there for a second, and just take a breather. It was all just so overwhelming that her head was spinning and she had slipped out a side door and found the coat room and slid to the floor. She was surprised that no one had noticed that she had left, but she figured that someone soon was going to figure out that she wasn’t there and come looking for her.

She reached up and felt the coat above her. It was wool, and gray, and she knew that it belonged to Stanley, who had brought his wife, and had told Pam that she looked beautiful. Pam had blushed, and had thanked him. Next to his coat was a red coat that she assumed belonged to his wife. She wanted to look in the pockets, but she knew that probably was some sort of invasion of privacy, so she didn’t. Pam sighed as she leaned her head against the wall and knew that she should go back in there. She had been having a wonderful time, but all the alcohol and the giddiness were catching up to her, and she couldn’t breathe for a moment.

“Pam?” She heard a voice, and she should have known that he would come looking for her almost immediately. She made no move to get up, because she didn’t need a breather from him, just everyone else.

“In here,” she called. He appeared a second later and took a look at her and had to laugh. Her head was practically buried in the coats, and her large dress was bunched up around her as she rested her cheek on top of her knees. He knelt down and smiled at her.

“Whatcha doing?” He asked.

 “Taking a break.”

“Mind if I join you? That’s not such a bad idea.” She shook her head and patted the floor next to her. He sat down and wrapped his arm around her and she leaned in and put her head on his shoulder as she straightened out of her legs. “It’s a little much in there.”

“Yes,” she agreed. “Although now I really think that they’re going to notice that I’m gone.”

“Naw,” he grinned at her. “They’ll only notice anything if we run out of alcohol.” She giggled.

 “I have a confession.” He turned expectantly at her.

“Yeah?”

“I think I’m a little drunk,” she whispered.

“Well,” he said. “I know that I’m a little drunk, so that’s okay.”

 She giggled again and he took her hand and intertwined their fingers. They were quiet for a moment, before he smiled slightly.

“Michael’s in there doing the chicken dance. You missed it.”

“Oh damn. My life will never be complete now,” she replied sarcastically. She frowned for a second. “I didn’t hear the chicken dance.”

“That’s because they haven’t played it yet, Michael was doing it to the song ‘Celebrate’.” Pam’s eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hand.

 “I’m sure Jan loved that,” she laughed.

“She kept trying to get him to get off the dance floor. I made sure they got the whole thing on tape. Including Dwight stepping up and dancing with him in a show of solidarity.”

 “Now I truly am sorry I missed it,” she said. He ran his hand up and down her arm.         

  “Have I told you how beautiful you look today?” He asked.

“Only about a thousand times,” she grinned. “But I wouldn’t mind hearing it again.”

“You look beautiful. You are beautiful.” She beamed.

 “I guess we should go back in.”

“Anytime you want to.” She nodded. “Although I have to warn you, my aunt Paula is going to corner you and start asking about when we plan to start trying to have kids.”

“Kids? Already? We’ve only been married for about four hours.”

“Preaching to the choir sister,” he grinned as he climbed to his feet. He reached down and pulled her to her feet. They walked back towards the reception hand in hand. As they neared the door they could see Dwight and Michael still on the dance floor, and Jan had given up and was over by the bar consuming what Pam assumed was one of many drinks she had had that night.

Pam smoothed down the front of her wedding dress and couldn’t help but smile.

 “Hey, Jim?” She said looking up at her new husband. Her husband. That wouldn’t ever get old.

“Yeah baby?” He turned to her.

“I just want you to know, we’ve only been married for about four hours, but they’ve probably been the best four hours ever.” She leaned up and kissed him, and he wrapped his arms around her.

“Definitely,” Jim grinned at her. “Mrs. Halpert.”  No, she decided. Hearing that wouldn’t get old either.



sillyrabbit519 is the author of 14 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked The Coat Room also liked 1977 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans