- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Thank you to Sorano916 for the beta!

Theme and lyrics from "Everyday Love" by Rascal Flatts

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Each morning the sun shines through my window

And lands on the face of a dream come true.

 

Jim Halpert was never a morning person. That is until he married Pam Beesly.

 

Before her, he could waste an entire day in bed, doing almost nothing at all. But now sleeping seemed like a waste, it was eight hours he couldn't spend time with Pam. Morning never got there quick enough. She had been sleeping a lot later lately and he decided it was proper husband behavior to let her sleep.

 

He watched her for a minute or two, just like every morning. Her hair was a mess, and she was drooling a little out of the corner of her mouth. It was the most endearing thing he had ever seen. There was no way he could love her any more.

 

The coffee pot was hot and ready for him in the kitchen. Technology is awesome, he thought. He wanted to make a few Eggos but he always burned them or they got mushy. He needed Pam to do it.

 

She however, found it completely ridiculous that he insisted her waffles were better. She put them in the toaster and pushed the button just like he did. But apparently she did it in a "special" way.

 

He sat at the table with his coffee and looked out the window into the backyard. The flowers Pam planted earlier in the year were starting to bloom; he thought they could use a swing set, or at least a sandbox. He didn't even have to look up to know she was coming up behind him. He just felt her there.

 

Then she walks up behind me and throws her arms around my neck

Just another normal thing I've come to expect

 

She leaned down and put her arms around his shoulders, a feat that was getting increasingly harder every day. She kissed his cheek, her voice thick with sleep, "Good morning."

 

He turned and brought her in for the real thing, "And good morning to you."

 

She recognized the puppy face immediately. "I'll make your waffles," she huffed.

 

"I love you," he said with a sly grin.

 

A minute or two later she delivered his waffles and sat with a glass of orange juice. He made a point to make a penguin joke and if she didn't feel it was necessary for her child to have a father, she just might have smacked him for teasing her in her delicate condition.

 

But sadly, they couldn't sit and joke at the breakfast table because this was the real world. And someone needed to pay for the breakfast on that table. He thanked her for toasting the waffles in the way that only she could before he headed back toward the bedroom to get dressed.

 

On his way out, she playfully smacked his butt almost too hard.

 

He turned, now rubbing the sore cheek, "Feeling kinky this morning, are we?"

 

She continued to pick up the plates and replied matter-of-factly, "Blame the hormones."

 

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

 

 

Every afternoon I make a phone call

And listen to the voice that warms my heart

 

At 2:30, he made his regularly scheduled phone call.

 

She answered a little cranky.

 

"Hey there, whatcha doin'?" he asked exceptionally cheery.

 

"I was taking a nap"

 

"Don't even act like you haven't been dying to talk to me all day."

 

Before she could give him a catty answer, Michael appeared and shouted, "Ooh Jimbo! Is that our little Pamela-wamela?"

 

Jim didn't even have to answer, because Michael was going to continue anyway, "Will you please ask her when she is going to pop that sucker out? I miss her and I'm getting sick of looking at this chick." He motioned toward the poor girl at reception as if she couldn't hear him.

 

Jim sympathetically smiled at her before returning to Pam and leaving Michael waiting for an answer. He usually got bored and went away eventually.

 

"Are you having a good day?" He asked, then quickly added, "Before your nap was so rudely interrupted I mean."

 

"I hate to say it, but I'm bored. I'm really really bored." She confessed, "I want to answer phones and play solitaire all day. What is happening to me?"

 

"Wait until next week. You'll have plenty to keep you busy." He reminded her, grinning at the thought of his upcoming status change to "Daddy."

 

"Us." She corrected, "Plenty to keep us busy."

 

Before he could apologize for his gross misjudgment of household duties, Dwight tapped his watch face. "No personal calls on company time, Halpert."

 

Without missing a beat, Jim turned back to his phone call, "So Mrs. Halpert, we are currently having a special on cardstock. We make a lovely lilac that would be perfect for birth announcements or baby shower invitations."

 

Pam giggled, "Dwight's on you, huh? I'll see you in a few hours then."

 

"It can't come fast enough, trust me," he said looking Dwight straight in the eye before turning his attention back to her, "I love you."

 

"I love you, too." Jim started to put down the receiver when she added, "Oh and my back hurts, you make dinner tonight."

 

Click.

 

 

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

 

Her smile will be right there when I step through that door

It will be that way tomorrow just like everyday before

 

He came in and she sat on the couch in the living room, grinning. Before, he had always loved coming home from work with Pam, but having to rush home to her this past month was new, and exciting.  Clever little Pam had gotten Toby to write a note to her doctor about her work situation and she was given early maternity leave, paid of course, on doctor's orders.

Not working with Pam gave him a reason to get through work everyday, to know that as soon as it was done Pam would be waiting for him. He hated being away from her, and always made sure to spend his whole evening making up for the fact with backrubs and gourmet meals and one too many chick-flick marathons. But nothing made him happier, than making Pam happy.

 

He walked right up to her and got on the ground, putting his face next to her now very large belly, "Hello baby," he cooed, "This is Daddy. Did you have a fun day with Mommy?" He looked up at Pam with that stupid look on his face she knew all too well.

 

She folded her arms, "I'm sorry, I know you're just trying to be sweet, but that creeps me out so bad." She pouted.

 

He pulled himself onto the couch next to her and kissed her sweetly, "Hi," he held up his several fully loaded bags of Chinese food, "I whipped a little something up in the garage."

 

"You're lazy" she snapped, grabbing the bags.

 

"And yet, you still love me" he grinned.

 

And she did.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I'm not sure how I really feel about this story, I am not a sarcastic or witty person and I have trouble writing Jam banter...please review to let me know of any problems you found.

It's the only way I can learn...so be honest! :)



PamPongChamp is the author of 18 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Everyday Love also liked 1746 other stories.
This story is part of the series, The Mixed Tape. The previous story in the series is Miss America.
This story is part of the series, Everyday Love. The previous story in the series is Stuck. The next story in the series is Daddy's Girls.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans