- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_

 

A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS:

"Hey, I want to say something. I've been trying to be more honest lately and I just need to say a few things: I DID THE COAL WALK. Just... I did it. Michael, you couldn't even do that. Maybe I should be your boss. Wow, I feel really good right now.

Why didn't any of you come to my art show? I invited all of you, and that really sucked. It's like sometimes some of you act like I don't even exist.

(turns to Jim) Jim, I called off my wedding because of you. And now we're not even friends. And things are just, like, weird between us and that sucks. And I miss you. You were my best friend before you went to Stamford. I really miss you. I shouldn't have been with Roy, and there were a lot of reasons to call off my wedding, but the truth is, I didn't really care about any of those reasons until I met you. And now you're with someone else. And that's fine...it's... whatever...that's not what I'm, I'm not... ok, my feet really hurt. The thing that I'm just trying to say to you, Jim, and to everyone else in the circle, I guess, is that I miss having fun with you. Just you, not everyone in the circle. Ok, I am going to go walk in the water now. Yeah, it's a good day."

 

Creed:

The receptionist is talking. Walking on coal isn't that hard. Try walking on glass carrying a 200 pound sack on your back.

What is she talking about? Hmm... nice view from back here. Now, I wish she would turn around. If only I was in Jimmy's spot.

 

Phyllis:

Oh, my dear Pam. I would have gone, but I was on my honeymoon. I'm sure that it was really good, though. I've seen the painting at the office and I've told you that I thought it was beautiful.

I know you exist. Sometimes life in the office just... I knew it! I knew that you called your wedding off because of Jim! I knew that you two had something going on. Oh, please, Jim, do something! Don't let her just run off!

 

Oscar:

Excuse me! I was at your art show. Honestly, it wasn't that good, Pam. However, don't lump me into the same group as everyone else.

Maybe I should have talked to Pam a bit more... Woah! I didn't see that coming. Hate to be in Jim's shoes right now. I have my own relationship problems to deal with.

 

Meredith:

Oh, honey... first off, if you got me drunk enough, I would have walked on the coals, too. Secondly, the art show... I just had a bat in my hair. I went to Poor Richard's right after.

Well, it's not like you don't say "hi" to me either.

Hmm... so, Pam, miss him as your friend, huh? You're sure it's not his "little friend"... not that I expect Jim to have a "little" one... I mean, look at him!

 

Stanley:

What is this girl yapping about now? Well, I didn't want to go to your art show. Because of that stupid bat, I had to do all my work from home so I had no time.

Pam, I leave home, come to work, do work, and then go home. I don't need to sit and chit-chat with you. I have a wife and two daughters who talk my ear off enough.

Well, well. Seems like Jim has a few skeletons in his closet. Maybe that will shut Karen up. I do not need her asking Phyllis for more relationship advice. It's annoying and shouldn't be discussed at work and it's annoying. And talking five nights straight doesn't work. For anyone.

 

Ryan:

Yeah, I had to deal with Michael that day so no art show.

We talk. Especially when it comes to Michael and his... just everything.

Seriously? I swear those two have a more screwed up relationship than Kelly and I. Love to see where this is going to go.

 

Kelly:

Sorry, Pam, but I really didn't care too much about your art show. I mean, it was sweet and everything to invite me, but it's really not my thing. However, if you ever want to talk about magazines or...

We are totally BFF! Remember the fashion show? And double date? We'll have a slumber party soon so that I can do something with that hair of...

OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD!

Pam, you rock! That was so totally awesome! Kiss him! Kiss her! DO SOMETHING THAN JUST SITTING THERE, JIM!

OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD!

I can't breathe.

 

Kevin:

Sorry, I didn't go to your art show. I was too busy retelling my story about how I save everyone from the bat.

Hey...

Hee hee... Jim's going to be in trouble... Jim's going to be in trouble... Dude, Pam or Karen... what a decision...

 

Dwight:

I did the coal walk, too. You probably didn't do it properly.

If I remember correctly, I was busy that day with the bat. I had no time for juvenile paintings and drawings. However, yours of the office was very good.

Pam, you do exist. You answer phones. You do the faxes. You assist Michael and me in our various duties. You even help with Monkey and I. However, I did not appreciate when you pulled that prank on me last week.

...

She's right, Jim. I've noticed it. I don't see you at her desk anymore. You don't sit by her during meetings. The two of you haven't played a collective prank on me. You've been moody and sometimes, downright, mean lately. Now, you're going to Corporate?

Who are you and what have you done with Jim Halpert? I don't like who you have become.

 

Michael:

Ah! I told you that you couldn't do the coal walk! Geez... oh, really? Be my boss?

I went to your art show, Pam. I have the painting to prove it. All of your work was very beautiful.

Ok, maybe I was a little rough on you today. It's just that I need someone to replace me and I...

You called off your wedding because of Jim? He left Scranton because of you. Ohmygod... Jim had feelings for you, Pam. I bet he still does. And now, are you saying that you have feelings for him, too? Is that what happened with the whole Roy thing? And now, Jim's with Karen... this is a mess...

Quick! Say something.

 

Angela:

Honesty, Pam? Walking on coal...

I had a church meeting that night, so I'm sorry that I wasn't able to attend.

Pam... you exist. I mean, we're not exactly best friends, but I do consider you more than an acquaintance. I believe that we have grown in...

I knew that there was something between you two than just friends. The way that he always came to your desk and the way you two talked together... Hmm... that's true. What did happen after he came back from Stamford? Jim, I think you have some explaining to do. And you better not hurt her...

So, what are you going to do now, Jim?

 

Karen:

Heh... anyone else could be Michael's boss... 

Ok, I admit that I was jealous and I was about to rip down your flyer. Except Oscar came into the kitchen. It's just that... 

What?! Are you kidding me?! No. No. That's... what the hell?! What is this?!

 

Jim:

 

Walked on the coal, huh, Beesly? I'm impressed.

 

Yeah... I guess I was just too... about you and Roy... and I...

 

....

 

... what...?

 

...

 

Pam...

 

...

 

I know...

 

....

 

I'm sorry...

 

...

 

I...

 

....

 

Can't...

 

...

_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_-^-_



sorano916 is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked A Penny for Your Thoughts also liked 1048 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans