- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My sister and I are doing a round robin on this one.  We are super duper Office fans and will be taking turn writing each chapter.  Enjoy!!!
Author's Chapter Notes:

Takes place right after season 3 ends.

 

Disclaimer:  We own nothing.

Pam took a deep breath as she opened the door and stepped out into the office.  She could hardly control the wide grin that had appeared on her face after Jim invited her out to dinner and her eyes sparkled as she walked quickly across the office floor to her desk behind reception. 

As she sat down she looked up and noticed that Jim was not sitting at his desk and his computer screen was black.  She quickly scanned the room and a sudden pang of fear crept into her chest as she realized he was gone.  She knotted her brow in concern as she quickly opened up her e-mail on her computer to see if he had at least sent her a message.  It was then that she noticed the green sticky note attached to the center of her keyboard.  It was in Jim's handwriting and read simply, "DWIGHT'S BACK and so am I."

Pam frowned in confusion as she looked up at Dwight who was sitting at his desk, typing away furiously on his computer.

"Dwight?" Pam called, "Can you come here for a minute?"

"What is it Pam, as Region..., I mean Assistant Regional Manager, I am a very busy man."  Dwight replied with his head cocked to the side and his eyebrows raised in annoyance.

"I just wondered if Jim told you anything about ... well, about, um tonight?"

Dwight stood from his chair and walked purposefully to the reception area.  He leaned over the counter, "What about tonight?  What's going on?" he asked in a low voice.

"I'm not sure.  Did he say anything about, tonight?  I think something big is supposed to happen tonight," Pam whispered, her eyes large in mock seriousness.

"Pam I do not know what you are talking about.  Please return to your work.  Also, Jim is a slacker, don't let his lack of professionalism in the office rub off on you.  You have proven yourself to be a strong worker, do not let him influence you negatively."

Pam nodded, "OK Dwight.  I'll try not to."

Dwight nodded and turned to walk back to his desk when Pam suddenly stopped him, "Dwight!"

Dwight turned slowly, "What is it Pam, I have important work to do."

Pam stood and walked from behind the reception desk to where Dwight was standing.  She took a step to Dwight's left and tried to peer around behind him but Dwight turned quickly to face her again, "Pam, what has gotten into you?"

"Dwight, hold still for a minute." Pam said as she reached around Dwight's shoulder and pulled a green post-it note off of his back.  "You had a sticky note stuck to your back, I just wanted to get it off for you."

Dwight eyed Pam suspiciously, "Thank you Pam.  Your services are appreciated." he said and returned to his desk.

Pam walked back behind the reception desk and sat down.  A small smile crept across her face as she read the note in her hand, "Aruba's?  Pick you up at 6."

Chapter End Notes:
Comments are super!


maryuc is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Fletch and the Aruba Burger also liked 900 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans