52 [Reviews - 187] Printer ePub eBook
Past Featured StorySummary:

Three years have passed since Pam left Scranton for New York, and Jim is still very much on her mind.  Will a work-related trip to Rome, Italy be the catalyst that reunites Pam with Jim once and for all? 


Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Future Characters: Jim/Pam, Karen
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Humor, Inner Monologue, Romance, Travel
Warnings: Adult language, Mild sexual content
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes
Word count: 22531 Read: 68712 ePub Downloads: 12
Published: May 27, 2007 Updated: July 02, 2007
[Report This]
Story Notes:
This story revolves around the notion that Pam confessed all on "Beach Day" but left Scranton before what happened in "The Job" took place. 

1. Chapter 1: The Many Faces of Facebook by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 38] 9 (2286 words)

This is my first hand at Jim/Pam fanfic and I must award a very special Dundie to girl7 for encouraging me to write this story and for being a huge support as I pieced it together.  If it wasn't for her I would still be sitting around refreshing Facebook and staring at my photos from Rome. Grazie mille, signorina

The characters are not mine, I own nothing related to NBC or "The Office".  I simply worship and admire all things Office-related. 

2. Chapter 2: Let Love In by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 15] 4 (2273 words)

The inspiration for this chapter comes from my year of going to school in Buffalo, NY.  My roommate and I were forced to find a hotel room to live out of for 2 days a week and checked out the Lenox.  It really is a dive.  Seriously. Like bugs and ugly purple furniture. Check the end story notes for a link to see what the actual Lenox looks like.

The Toy Story prank was indeed a prank I played on a coworker of mine.  Everyday the little men were in a different formation, ready to attack. Heh. 

To girl7, my resident schoolmarm- thank you for taking the time to give the chapter a once-over.  I know you're busy with your own fics and trying to lure JKras into your dungeon o' love... but I totally appreciate the help and suggestions.  You rock.

I wished I owned the characters of the Office because I would ask them to tell me spoilers on whim.  Alas, I own nothing.

3. Chapter 3: Roman Holiday by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 14] 2 (2544 words)

This one is for everyone who is addicted to Facebook.  On a personal note, I was once the Pam in this chapter.  I had been searching on Facebook until one day the name just appeared.  Unfortunately mine was no Jim Halpert (not even close), but the scene is still very true to life.

Check out the end notes, I've left links for images of the art and Pam, Jim & Karen's respective hotels.  Jim & Karen's hotel room does exist and the toilet story really did happen (thankfully it wasn't my room).

I do not own the characters, nor the characterisation.  The storyline and writing are however my own.  Please don't sue.
P.S.: girl7 is my hero.  That is all.

4. Chapter 4: The Way You Feel Inside by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 20] 2 (2041 words)

On a side note, the "shake it like a..." bit came straight from a conversation in one of my classes- except replace the inhaler with white-out. 
As always, mille grazie to girl7.  Where would I be without you?
Please look for the end notes for the links to visuals written about in this chapter. 

5. Chapter 5: Which One Will The Fountain Bless? by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 18] 6 (2173 words)

The legend of Trevi Fountain is a true one- people do toss up to three coins into the fountain.  The government actually removes the coins nightly because there's just so many tossed on a daily basis.  From the chapter: La Dolce Vita is in fact a film from 1950 where Anita Ekberg dances in the fountain. The title of this chapter comes from a Frank Sinatra song of the same name.

Please have a look at the end notes for, as always, some links to the images.  girl7: Sei fantastica!  Grazie...

6. Chapter 6: Flying by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 20] 4 (2749 words)
Not much to say this time around- like before the end notes have a bunch of photos/images and a video for the various locations in this chapter. Volare is a song by Dean Martin, which has since been redone by the Gypsy Kings and many others.  The version referenced in the chapter is the more upbeat Gypsy Kings version.

I must extend a heaping "whoot" to girl7.  Without her constant encouragement and overall awesome-ness I'd never have started this fic in the first place.

7. Chapter 7: What if I Loved You? by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 25] 8 (3068 words)
The title of this chapter comes from a fantastic song by Joey Gian.  I thought the lyric fit perfectly with this chapter, and I hope you'll understand why.  This chapter was especially enjoyable to write.  The Festival of Our Lady of the Snows, is in fact a real one that takes place on August 5th at Santa Maria... but I did take some creative liberties on the atmosphere of the festival. I hope you'll look at the YouTube videos I've left in the "End Notes" to get a sense of the dance style and music (which is upbeat).

Thank you to my friend and trusty beta, girl7 who talks me off the ledge more times than she'll ever know. And to A.R. from work- your encouragement and just plain support has pushed me to stick with it- so thank you! And to all my readers- it completely blows me away to read your reviews- thank you from the bottom of my heart- you guys are all amazing.  Grazie!

8. Chapter 8: Like the First Time by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 18] 4 (1872 words)

Apologies for this chapter being so short, but I can promise that the next one will be supersized... it's already going on 10+ pages. The title for this chapter comes from the song "First Time" by Lifehouse. A million and a half Dundies to girl7.  I would award her with World's Best Beta if I could.

9. Chapter 9: Epilogue (The World Begins Again) by StarryDreamer [Reviews - 19] 13 (3525 words)

Unfortunately, this is the last chapter of "When in Rome..." Truly I am grateful for everyone's support and encouragement.  I had so much fun writing this story and I was incredibly shocked that so many people enjoyed reading it.  It can't be said enough: grazie infinite! To my CT buddy, Jess- thanks for letting me borrow your bf's "jimism" ;-)  The title for this chapter comes from the Goo Goo Dolls' song "Better Days"

To girl7: I am so very thankful that you take the time to be the best beta that I could ever ask for.  You always catch the little details. So... thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Please check the endnotes for photos and images.