- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't own The Office or anything else mentioned in this story. Anything. I swear. I try to give credit where credit is due (aka inspiration, references, quotes). Don't sue me.
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter was inspired by my own little Care Bear, who called me mommy for the first time tonight. “My heart is very full.”

This chapter isn’t betaed, but the rest will be. I just wanted to get this one out here.

            Jim awoke with the soft pitter-patter of little feet. 2:48 the clock glared from the wall.

            “Daddy?” a tiny voice whimpered.

            Jim got up, going to the voice. “What’s wrong, Care Bear?” he asked, picking her up.

            “I… I had a bad dweam,” the girl cried, burying her head into his shoulder.

            Jim walked slowly back to her room, rubbing her back gently. “It’s okay girly. It’ll be alright.”

            “I was scawed.”

            “Aww, what happened, Littles?” Jim asked, settling down in the rocking chair.

            “Lions. They scawed me.”

            “Yeah, lions are scary.” Jim’s voice was soft as he comforted his girl.

            “You get scawed daddy?”

            “Yeah, daddies can get scared. But you know what?”

            “What?”

            “I will never, ever let anything happen to you. Never ever.”

            “Pwomise?”

            “Promise.” Jim slowly rocked the girl back to sleep. These were the moments he treasured – just him and Claire, alone and peaceful. Minutes later, he heard Claire breathing rhythmically, asleep. Giving her a light kiss on the head, he tucked her back into her bed. “Night, my sweet girl.”

Chapter End Notes:
I’ve got at least three more chapters written (not typed yet), and trust me, there are plenty more ideas.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans