- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Ok so I had this idea while watching the movie Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightley version), and I just had to write it. I decided to make it modern, and set it in Texas, since I've never been to Pennsylvania, or the East Coast for that matter. I'm also new to the creative writing thing, and really I'm a scientist at heart. I apologize in advance if updates are few and far between, I hope yall will bear with me.
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is mostly set up, introduce you to everyone. Story will pick up in next update.

Disclaimer: I don't own the movie or the show, I just borrow for my own amusement. Please don't sue.

On a sunny spring afternoon in Katy, Texas, Pam sat in her living room to sketch, like she always did after work as an image consultant. She was old enough to live on her own and she made enough money, but she lived at home with her adoptive parents and four adopted sisters. Phyllis and Bob Vance were good people, and Pam adored them. She got along well with her sisters for the most part. Angela was her best friend, and Mary was her assistant.

Katy and Kelly, her youngest sisters, burst through the door giggling, probably just in from getting their nails done. Pam just shrugged. She was never into that sort of thing, but it was what they lived for. “Where are Mom and Dad?” Kelly asked.

“In the office, I think,” she replied. “A party invitation came from from Meredith’s. Some Jim Halpert is in town, and they are throwing a party for him.”

At this news, both girls squealed loudly, then took off for the office. Pam followed, reluctantly. They always liked to eavesdrop on their parents, though she didn’t agree with it most of the time. She made an exception today, curious to know more about this party. It wasn’t every day a party invitation showed up on their doorstep, from Meredith’s father no less. He was in charge of public relations for the Houston Astros, and his parties were always filled with celebrities and sports figures. Kelly had opened the door to the office a crack to hear what was going on. From what they could hear, Phyllis was quite insistent on going to the party, but Bob was more reluctant. “Think of our daughters. Think of all the appropriate men they would meet.,.” she said.

“I’m not so sure,” he replied with a shrug.

“What’s going on?” a familiar voice asked. Pam turned to see Angela behind her.

“We’re going to a party!” Phyllis exclaimed from the doorway. The girls had been discovered. Kelly and Katy squealed very loudly and jumped up and down. “Oh my gosh, I need to go figure out what to wear!” Kelly said.

“Me too! Angela, can I borrow some of your jewelry? I’ll do your makeup!” Katy begged.

“Can I borrow some too? I’ll do your hair!” Kelly argued.

“I’ll do your laundry, Angela!” Pam added sarcastically, but with a giggle.
Chapter End Notes:
Please please please review and/or comment. It would make my day/week/month/year.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans