29 [Reviews - 128] Printer ePub eBook
Summary:

I decided to write a sequel to Charcoal & Watercolors !!!!

The story picks up right about where Charcoal & Watercolors left off -- Jim and Pam's wedding. Then goes from there into their future. Jim still works at the advertising company and Pam works (exclusively) at a publishing company where she is an illustrator of children's stories.

I added a few more characters ;) and am planning on keeping almost all of the characters from the previous story.

Enjoy!!


Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present, Future, Alternate Universe Characters: Andy, Angela, Dwight, Jim/Pam, Karen, Kelly, Michael, Phyllis, Ryan
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Holiday, Married, Romance, Hurt/Comfort, Travel, Weekend, Workdays
Warnings: Adult language
Series: None
Chapters: 28 Completed: No
Word count: 68589 Read: 111729 ePub Downloads: 8
Published: June 29, 2007 Updated: September 21, 2007
[Report This]
Story Notes:

I'm not usually one to write sequels. I'm not usually one to even like sequels. However, since I finished writing Charcoal & Watercolors, I felt a void in my writing life. C&W was/is one of the only things that I've ever written that actually keeps me up at night thinking about what I'm going to do next, where the story is going to take me. For those of you who read C&W (and those of you who haven't, I recommend reading it before this just to get a feel for the AU), I toyed with the idea of writing an epilogue. However, the more and more I thought about the epilogue, the more I thought about future story lines and...it escalated into a sequel.

This is the most planning I have ever put into a fic before, and I really hope that shows. And I also really hope that I don't disappoint everyone who loved Charcoal & Watercolors so much. So far, I love what I have planned, and I really hope that all of you do too. :)

 

Disclaimer: The characters of this story do not belong to me. The places in the story do not belong to me -- except for The Golden Beet. The Golden Beet is a figment of my imagination...I think. Everything else though! Not mine! I have no associations with anyone from The Office or NBC, I'm just a lowly, unemployed college graduate. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Cherry Hill by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 27] 11 (1361 words)

The visual inspiration for this chapter comes from THIS picture I found online.

Special thanks to pampongchamp for the beta! :D

2. Nine to Five by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 7] 3 (2561 words)

I toyed with the idea of writing a honeymoon chapter, but decided that I would just write little bits that alluded to their honeymoon instead. Can't bunch myself all up in the very beginning stages of their marriage because I have many(ish?) plans for their future.

Bravely un-beta'ed. I wanted to get this one out to you all tonight since I've been celebrating my birthday over the weekend and will be tomorrow as well. :)

3. The Mind Wanders by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 6] 1 (1682 words)

Huge, huge thank you again to my beta PamPongChamp. She knows my secrets now *shifty eyes*

Not a lot to say about this chapter...have fun reading!

4. Intuition by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 5] (2797 words)

This chapter has been broken into two parts, for your reading pleasure. :)
Initially, it was one (helluva) long chapter, but I'm going to spend a bit more time on the second part before I post it, and leave you all with this gem!

Enormous thanks to my beta, PamPongChamp. She makes everything better. :) And gives me little bits of New York to put into the story!!

5. Fate by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 6] 1 (2581 words)

Part of this is beta'ed (by the lovely PamPongChamp) and part of it is un-beta'ed from where I spent some extra time trying to figure out how to...

Well...you'll see. :)

6. Announcements by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 3] 1 (2575 words)

I feel like I'm taking forever to get these chapters written! I'm trying to make them as plot-relevant as I can, so I'm not just cranking out filler chapter and filler chapter until I get to some juicy stuff. Haha...not that I even know what that juicy stuff is. :)

Of course, absolutely, as always, a special thank you goes out to PamPongChamp for the wonderful beta work that she does. :)

7. Temperatures Rising by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 4] (2439 words)

The Golden Beet makes it's long-awaited (was anyone waiting??) re-appearance!

As always, thanks to PamPongChamp, who makes sure that this is suitable to read before I subject the rest of you to it. :D

8. Lonely One by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 3] 1 (2319 words)
A one year anniversary for Jim and Pam.

9. Way Things Are by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 0] (1595 words)

This Karen character...I don't know what comes over me when I get to writing about her character.

Thank you to PamPongChamp for steering me in the right direction. :)

10. The Picnic Lunch by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 7] 1 (2377 words)

Well, that title pretty much explains it. :)

Thanks to PamPongChamp, who always makes me better!
...And who I hope is pleased by the changes I made, haha.

11. London and the Surprise by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 5] 1 (3022 words)

Jim goes to London, Karen is evil and Pam waits at home.

Thank you, PamPongChamp! Without her, I would be feeding you some really confusing lines in this one. :)

12. Five is Positive by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 4] 1 (1901 words)

I promise not to disappoint...I promise not to disappoint...I promise not to disappoint...

PamPongChamp tells me this is now suitable for the general public. :) I hope the rest of you agree!

13. Revealed Too Soon by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 2] (2239 words)
Sorry this took so long to post!!! :/
I hope it's not too disappointing for the wait that it was, haha!

14. A Golden Wedding by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 0] (2539 words)

GAH! Sorry this took so long to post! I promise, the next chapter is ready to go already and I'll probably post that one sometime tomorrow.

This probably is nowhere near my most favorite chapter, but I really wanted to write about this particular wedding.

As always, a thank you to PamPongChamp who catches all the little things that I would never notice myself. :)

15. Battle of the Sexes by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 4] (1761 words)

An ultrasound. :)

Thank you, PamPongChamp for the beta.
And thank you to the few people who e-mailed me yesterday willing to be a future beta for this story!

16. The Kicker by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 2] (2166 words)

Deciding on baby names.
No offense if your name is Knud or Thor (or if you know anyone with these names).
For the record, I do know a woman named Khedija. She's actually quite nice.

All of that said, thank yous to PamPongChamp and WildBerryJam for their beta work! :)

17. Too Early Too Late by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 0] (2192 words)

Jim's about to leave for Australia...

After writing this chapter (and the next, since I wrote them in the same day), I totally had a dream that I went to Australia myself. It was really odd.

A huge thank you goes to both WildBerryJam and PamPongChamp for their abundance of helpful tips, constructive criticism and very enjoyable comments. :D

18. Room 482 by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 3] (3502 words)

Oh man. I'm so sorry that this took me this long to post! (At least it's a long chapter, yes??)

Thank you to WildBerryJam for the beta work that she did -- I have an extra surprise for you at the end that you didn't read!!

19. An Angry Boss by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 2] (3821 words)

Wonder what the repercussions of Jim skipping out of Australia so soon are?

They're kind of answered. :)

Thank you to WildBerryJam for her beta work on this chapter. Without her, it wouldn't have had the ending it has now.

20. Gifts and a Godmother by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 3] (4662 words)

This chapter is insanely long. I apologize for that. There was just too much good stuff that I couldn't resist writing!!!

You can thank WildBerryJam for the content of this chapter (and I can thank her for the beta!). I was having a hard time coming up with good "baby" chapters, and she threw this idea at me. I hope that the rest of you enjoy it as much as we did. :)

And there are visuals at the end

21. Confined Quarters by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 4] (2075 words)

Frustrated Mommy!Pam? Yes.
Adorable Daddy!Jim? Oh yes. :D

Thank you to WildBerryJam who gave me motivation for this chapter, and who helped me out with the little problems that it had. It should be suitable for the general public now, heehee.

22. First Night Out by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 3] 2 (4101 words)

I know, I know. Another really long chapter. I can't help myself.

So remember a few chapters back when I promised everyone that Karen would get her comuppance one way or another?
...This isn't it.
That said, I am definitely beginning to pave the path of her demise. So enjoy that!

So here in this chapter we see Jim and Pam's first evening out together since the baby came. It doesn't quite end up the way they expected it to.

And we meet a few new characters!!! ;)

Thank you to WildBerryJam for beta'ing. :)

23. Going Back by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 3] (2177 words)

Oh goodness, I'm getting lazy again aren't I?

Sorry this chapter took a little longer than I had expected to post. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. :)

Thank you to WildBerryJam for her helpful suggestions and comments!!

24. Andylion, Sweetcheeks and a Baby by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 3] (2066 words)

Yay! Finally a new chapter! It feels like I haven't posted anything in days. :)

The first part of this chapter is just fun for you all, and the last part is me setting up my master plans for the brew-ha-ha of an ending.

Thank you to WildBerryJam for beta'ing again! And she gave me (and the rest of you) the glorious nicknames that are in the chapter...
and a different way of writing the ending...which I hope is more suitable than the last. :)

Enjoy!

25. First Birthday by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 4] (2889 words)

Wow! I'm SO sorry that this chapter took me so long to write and post. But here it is! Finally! :D

I hope it is enjoyable for you all.

Thank you, WildBerryJam for beta'ing again. :) You are awesome!!

26. A Company's Suspicions by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 6] 1 (2022 words)

You didn't have to wait as long this time! Hooray! :D

We haven't had very many Jim-centric chapters in quite a while, and this will be the first of at least two or three.

Many thanks to WildBerryJam for giving the chapter a good look-over and deeming it suitable for the rest of you to read. :)

27. Eureka Moment by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 4] 1 (2330 words)

HOLY CRAP! Where have I been, right?!? :)

This chapter has been a long work in progress, and thankfully it finally all pulled together and I really, really hope that you guys won't have to wait that long for a chapter again!

I have to give a huge thanks to WildBerryJam because without her, this chapter would have never gotten finished (haha, okay, it would have eventually...), but she was so sweet to encourage me to keep working on it and...yeah. :) So thank you again!!

28. Starting Over by I Know This Much Is True [Reviews - 8] 4 (837 words)

Short chapter!

This one wasn't really planned out, but I realized with the way the last chapter ended and the chapter after this is going to begin that there needed to be something in the middle.
Voila. Something in the middle. :)

A special thanks goes out to WildBerryJam again for all of her help and support with this.