- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I own nothing that has anything to do with "The Office" or NBC.

The five elements are listed at the bottom. also, this was written within the 2 hours, as the rules of ImprovFic say, so this hasn't been betaed.

July 4th, 2008 

"Hey."

"Hey. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just..." Jim sighed. "I'm on my way."

"Hurry. You'll miss the fireworks."

"I know. I can't believe I had to work today."

"I know. But hey, you'll be home in a few minutes and we'll watch the fireworks together, and you can just relax."

Jim sighed. "I'm pulling into the parking lot now."

-----

Jim dragged himself through the apartment door and swung it closed behind him. He hung his messenger bag on the hook next to the door, and sighed loudly for Pam's benefit.

"Rough day, huh?" She asked, running a hand over his back.

"I can't believe you wouldn't come in and suffer with me. I mean, Michael was eating candy all day, so he was off the walls. And Dwight was especially Dwight-y... ugh, I'm so exausted."

Pam giggled. "Dwight-y, huh?"

"Yeah... Um, Pam?" He stared down at her feet. "What are those?"

"Shoes... Why would I go into work on a holiday when Michael specifically told me he didn't need me?"

"Moral support, Pam. C'mon. Now what's up with those shoes?"

They stood now at the giant window that looked over downtown Scranton. Their apartment building was a refurnished factory, and the windows in their family room stretched from the floor to the 11-foot-high ceiling.

"They're festive."

"They're red, and I am not afraid to say, ugly."

Pam slapped Jim on the shoulder. "If I was anyone else, I'd be offended by that."

Jim smiled and dragged the couch over to face the window, and they made themselves comfortable, curled around each other. Pam peppered Jim with kisses anywhere she could reach, swept her hands over his body in an attempt to relax him after his stressful day at work. As her fingers slid over his left wrist, she discovered a paperclip clipped to the cuff of his shirt.

"What's this?" she asked softly, not wanting to disturb the calm they'd achieved as they silently watched the sun set and enjoyed being with each other.

"Oh, that's... stress relief. I spent most of my day playing with paperclips, and that one ended up on my cuff, I guess."

 "You don't even remember putting it there?"

"Nope," he said, taking it off and flinging it over his shoulder, listening to the metal tinging sound it made as it hit the wall behind them.

Pam giggled, and then let out a little gasp. "Jim, look- the fireworks are starting."

"Mmm, they are," he responded with a smile, and held Pam a little closer as they watched the colorful bursts of light in the sky.

FIN.

5 elements:
1. phone call
2. a large window
3. red leather shoes
4. paper clip
5. Jim in a grumpy mood



PuffingNoise is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Of Couches and Cuddles and Clips On Cuffs also liked 993 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans