- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Many thanks to Azlin, beta extraordinare!

I own nothing, please don't sue.

Ohmygod. Ohmygod.  Ohmygod.                                                                                                                    Oh. My. God.                                                                                                                                                           Okay.  Get it together,  Pam.                                                                                                                    What was I saying? 

“I’m sorry, what was the question?”

Carl leans away from the camera with a big grin on his face.

“Never mind, I think that says it all.”  He winks at me.

 

I put my hands up to my face to hide what must be the most ridiculous look ever.

I can’t stop smiling - and crying.

 

He said date. He did say date, right?  What happened to New York?  What happened to Karen? Surely he didn’t mean just a friends thing?  No, that’s impossible.  We have way too much history with that word.  If he said date, he must have meant date. Oh my god! 

 

I watch Carl pack up and leave, and then force myself to stand and walk to the conference room door.  I’m surprised my legs can hold me up, they’re shaking so badly.

 

 Okay, Fancy New Beesley.  Let’s do this. 

 

I open the door and say a silent thank you that it’s after 5 and everyone has already left for the day.  Everyone except Jim.  He’s sitting on his desk – his old desk – arms crossed, and he’s looking at me with that crooked little grin of his.

 

 Damn, he’s gorgeous.

 

“So, New York?”

 

“Not my scene.”

 

“Karen?”

 

“Ditto.”

 

“Thank God.” I mumble, my lips already pressed to his.

 

   

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading my second fic.  Maybe next time I'll make it to 1.000 words!



GreenDress is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked No Time Like the Present also liked 2258 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans