- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I have no claim to any of these characters or people...real or fictional.

 

She puts the small vase of wildflowers on her desk.

It’s a small gesture she can make to honor someone she admires.

None of her co-workers will understand. They know nothing of grace and civility or what it truly means to be a lady.

She heard a story once about her. How her loud, powerful and boisterous husband had been looking for her…shouting her name and wondering where she was.

"Right behind you, darling, where I've always been," is how she replied.

Angela likes to think that’s the kind of wife she’d make…loyal and supportive…standing by her man and exerting a quiet influence. She knows she doesn’t need to act all masculine to have power…to be strong.

Later in the day, Dwight approaches her and places his hand on her shoulder. He presses something into her palm.

It’s a tiny pin. A red oval with black dots on it. A lady bird.

“She was a good woman.” He says as he turns and walks away.

“Yes she was.”

She clips the pin to her sweater and follows Dwight out the door.

She’s right behind him.

 
Chapter End Notes:
This is just a little something that popped into my head today while watching Mrs. Johnson's memorial service on television. It's sort of a tribute.


GodInThisChilis is the author of 19 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans