19 [Reviews - 53] Printer ePub eBook
Summary:

The new cleaning lady at Dunder-Mifflin writes home to tell about the zoo she sees every day.


Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Other Characters: Andy, Bob Vance, Creed, Dwight, Ensemble, Jan, Jim, Karen, Michael, Other, Pam, Phyllis
Genres: Humor, Romance, Workdays
Warnings: Adult language, Violence/Injury
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes
Word count: 19559 Read: 25558 ePub Downloads: 2
Published: July 17, 2007 Updated: September 10, 2007
[Report This]
Story Notes:

"Sunny" grew out of a re-viewing of the UK version of "The Office". In one or two scenes, you see a door open and a janitor steps into the bullpen. He catches sight of the cameras and stands there, mesmerized, unable to move. I think he's very funny. I got to thinking about what a janitor/cleaning person for Dunder Mifflin would see as they went about their daily round, and this is what I came up with.

I usually don't post WIPs, but I'm breaking my personal rule this time. I've always wanted to try an epistolary story (story told in letters), so this is an experiment. I have an outline of where I'm going, but this story is more loosely plotted than most of my stuff; Sunny is doing a lot of the driving herself. :) Of course I would love comments.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. New Job by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 8] 3 (2794 words)
This chapter introduces Sunny, the new cleaning lady at Dunder-Mifflin Scranton. She's writing home about her new job and the crazy people who work there.

2. Soap Opera by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 7] 1 (1820 words)

This should take us up through the end of "The Job".

I do not own these characters, except for Sunny.

3. Clean and Sober by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 5] 1 (1889 words)

A crisis: the documentary crew wants to draft Sunny! But she doesn't like the assignment they want to give her. And someone is stashing something interesting in the Supply Closet!

I do not own these characters, except for Sunny.

4. Meeting Creed by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 6] 1 (2149 words)

Sunny finally gets to meet her idol, and gets a glimpse of Jam happiness.

I do not own any of these characters except for Sunny. 

5. Of Mice and Math by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 9] 3 (1442 words)

Sunny meets the camera crew and finds out about Casino Night, finds something to do on Sundays and discovers the pitter patter of tiny feet at Dunder-Mifflin.

I own none of these characters, except Sunny.

6. Bribery Will Get You Anywhere by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 5] 2 (2488 words)
In which the warehouse guys gang up on Sunny, she gets more insight into Jim, Pam, and Karen, and learns that Michael really, really can't do basic math. And we get an idea of what sent Sunny off the deep end a while back.

7. Closets and Cookies by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 5] 2 (2120 words)
Sunny meets a new Dunder-Mifflinite,  discovers who the condoms in her supply closet belong to, and gains new insight into her rockstar idol.

8. Off the Rails by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 2] 2 (2123 words)
Jim and Pam inadvertently trigger a crisis with Sunny and she loses ground. Dwight comes to the rescue, Creed surprises Sunny with a visit, and Sunny finds out about Dwangela.

9. Sunny's Sweets by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 6] 4 (2734 words)
Wrapping up Sunny's story, with a hint at a happy future for Jim and Pam, Jan and Michael, and maybe a certain former rock star.