11 [Reviews - 27] Printer ePub eBook
Past Featured StorySummary: A summer divertissement in nine innings. Team Dunder takes on organized softball and find themselves facing a familiar rival. This is set in the summer between seasons 3 and 4, after The Job and before Fun Run.
Rated: T
Categories: Other, Present Characters: Ensemble
Genres: Humor
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges: Play Ball!
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes
Word count: 13763 Read: 23440 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: August 20, 2007 Updated: August 20, 2007
[Report This]
Story Notes:

What's summer without a company softball game? Time to bring the Dunder Mifflinites out of their office and into some sunshine and fresh air. As always, there are some surprises in these oddballs.

Many thanks to former softball umpire and excellent beta reader brokenloon, for his careful attention to the play-by-play and his explanation of the finer points of the game. Any errors remaining in this story are mine alone; they should count against my ERA, not his.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. PRE-GAME by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 6] 1 (1198 words)
Team Dunder arrives at the Scranton Municipal Softball Field (entirely imaginary) and Michael shows off his lucky tag.

2. WARMUP by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 3] 1 (1604 words)
"Okay," Michael said. "Remember, the whole point here is to have fun. And to win. Mostly to win." 

3. FAIRPLAY by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 3] (1578 words)
In which Michael gets inappropriate with a tablecloth and Jim and Pam discuss their secret weapon. The Dunder Mifflinites meet an old friend/enemy and learn how he will affect their game.

4. RINGER by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 1] (1323 words)
The secret weapon is revealed, to the dismay of Vance Refrigeration. Team members tussle over equipment, and Michael confuses a hit with a run.

5. SCORE! by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 1] (1792 words)
Pam gets to third base, Jim gets to second base, and the Dunder Mifflinites get tied up.

6. BREAK by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 1] (1270 words)
Time out for Jim, Pam and the DunderHeads and a little R-and-R. Napping, sketching and flirting ensue.

7. ROTATION by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 1] (1526 words)
Jim threatens to make Andy wear a dress, Angela knows her place, and Pam needs a time-out urgently.

8. RELIEF by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 1] 1 (1102 words)
Jim rubs Pam just the right way, Angela strikes out, and some players rotate.

9. HOMERUN by NeverEnoughJam [Reviews - 10] 8 (2370 words)
Team Dunder loses its best pitcher, Creed wins a bet for Pam, and Pam and Jim take their game to a new level.