- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Time frame: The Merger

When Andy Met Kelly…  

It was his first day at Scranton.  He was pret-ty psyched about working in a new surrounding.  It was a new beginning for him, a new challenge.  And there wasn’t a challenge in the world that Andy couldn’t grab by the throat and totally kick the crap out of, because he was Andy Bernard, and that was something that nobody else was.  Ha, score!  Andy: one, World: a big fat zero.  See?  He was already ahead.  He’d be the new number two within six weeks, no problem.

 

When Andy entered the building, he ran into something (or really someone) on his way to the elevator.  “Ho!” he said as he tried to keep himself from falling so that he wouldn’t crush whatever (or whoever) he had run into.  He looked down and saw a head of silky black hair, and a pleasant mixture of strawberries and vanilla invaded his nose as he became aware of the warm body that was pressed against his own, her hands clutching his coat as she tried to regain her balance.  A slow smile crept across his face and he said, “Well hello, my good lady.”  The women loved it when he talked like that, worked like a charm every time… well, maybe more like a quarter of the time.  But this chick must have dug it because she looked up at him with a smile. And Andy forgot how to breathe for a minute when he caught sight of those chocolate eyes of hers.

 

“Oh my god, I am so sorry!  I’m like, the biggest klutz ever today.  This morning I spilled tea all over my favorite pink blouse and I was totally so mad at myself because pink is the greatest color ever and it’s so heartbreaking to have this big brown blob in the middle of so much pink awesomeness, you know what I mean?”

 

Andy stared at her wide-eyed for a moment, a smile still plastered on his face, then he let out a breath and chuckled as he said, “Oh, totally… pink so doesn’t deserve to be besmirched by the torrid unhappiness that is a tea stain.”

 

The woman’s eyes lit up and a smile seemed to fill her entire face as she said, “Oh my god, you totally understand!”

 

“Completely,” Andy said.  His eyes probably lingered on her succulent lips a tad too long, but luckily she didn’t notice.  She let go of his coat and stepped away from him, and Andy instantly missed the feel of her against him.  God, he really needed to get laid, like, soon.  Andy cleared his throat and shook away his thoughts as he held out his hand to her.  “The name’s Andy Bernard, I’m the new Director in Charge of Sales for Dunder-Mifflin.”

 

“Oh yeah, you’re from Stamford, right?” she asked, shaking his hand.  “I’m Kelly Kapoor, customer service,” she continued with a smile that never seemed to leave her face.

 

She was perky… Andy liked that.  She would probably be good in the sack.  “Well, Miss Kapoor,” Andy said as she let go of his hand, “It was a fine day for running into such a fine lady.”

 

Kelly laughed, then she asked, “Do you always talk like that?”

 

“What?”  So not what he was expecting.

 

“Do you always talk like you’re stuck in the 1800s or something?”

 

“Not… not all the time, no.  Why, do you not like it?”

 

Her smile faltered the tiniest bit, then she said, “Oh no, it’s totally cool.”

 

“Right, well… I better be getting up to the office, don’t want to be late on my first day.”

 

“Oh yeah, definitely.  I still have to get my boyfriend’s extra tie from my car because, hello, klutzilla here totally dripped butter on the tie that he was wearing when I handed him his bagel.”

 

Andy felt his stomach lurch when she mentioned a boyfriend.  He must have eaten some bad bacon for breakfast.  “So… I’ll see you around?”

 

“Totally.”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans