5 [Reviews - 11] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Pam Beesley is 16 years old and it is the summer before her freshman year in high school. She attends a school picnic at Lake Walenpaupak. There she crosses paths with some of her future Dunder-Mifflin co-workers.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Alternate Universe, Past Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Childhood
Warnings: Adult language
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes
Word count: 9999 Read: 14749 ePub Downloads: 3
Published: August 31, 2007 Updated: September 26, 2007
[Report This]
Story Notes:

f  This story was inspired from a writing challenge on LJ. It wound up being longer than I expected, so I am posting it in chapters. Yeah! My first chapter story!  

  It was alot of fun thinking about how the Dunder-Mifflin-ites could have realistically crossed paths way back in 1996.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Planting the seed by sweetchariots [Reviews - 4] 1 (1143 words)

I am extremely grateful to my betas, Azlin and Jenny for their continued help with this story. Your patience with my attrocious grammar and general cluelessness about writing and Office fan-fic is to be commended.

Jenny-I'm glad I could take you back to your own high school days with my St. Regis Prep reference. It was totally made up by the way.

Azlin- Thanks for taking time out from chillin' at the pool to help me out. Party on!

2. Budding emotions by sweetchariots [Reviews - 2] 1 (1993 words)

This chapter includes my version of how Pam and Jim could have met in high school. I hope Pam's fake name isn't too distracting for the reader. My purpose was to give young Pam the freedom to open herself up a little bit. Eternal thanks to my beta's Sharky and Azlin.

3. Let Love Grow by sweetchariots [Reviews - 1] (1576 words)

Thank you so much to my beta's Sharky and Azlin. You guys are great! I have at least two more chapters to add to this story. It's mostly written. It just needs to be edited a little more.

4. Taking Root by sweetchariots [Reviews - 2] (1039 words)

Thanks to sharky for the beta! This chapter adds two more Dunder-Mifflinites to the story.

5. Now for some thorns by sweetchariots [Reviews - 0] (962 words)

All these lies are starting to take a toll on our young Pamela. Things are going to get more complicated quickly...

Thanks to Sharky for the beta. It's alot to weed through, I really appreciate your help!

6. Chapter 6 - Prick and Bleed by sweetchariots [Reviews - 1] 1 (2147 words)

Sweet, sweet, angst for our young Pam & Jim! High school can really be a b***h, huh? I have two more short chapters to post to close out this story. Thanks to everyone who has been taking the time to read it.

Thanks so much to my beta's Sharky and Chelsea. I am very grateful to you for all your helpful suggestions and words of encouragement. You guys rock!

7. Chapter 7 - Perennial Passion by sweetchariots [Reviews - 1] 2 (1139 words)

Well folks, this chapter concludes my little story. I hope you liked it. It was fun to try my hand at writing a chapter story instead of my usual "one shots". My undying love goes out to all of you who took the time to read and comment on it.

Extra special thanks to Sharky, who not only took the time to fix all 20 pages of grammatical errors, but also added some construtive criticism as well. You're the best!