- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

So if all goes as planned, this story will be...more of a script, actually. With some good old Michael "humor", Jim/Pam fluff...Jim/Karen/Pam Angst, and everything in between. enjoy!

Author's Chapter Notes:
Our season begins with Michael, in his usual fashion...

Cold open with Michael speaking in the Conference Room. Everyone has their usual looks of boredom (with the exceptions, of course, of Dwight and Andy). As Michael speaks, we see Jim and Pam sitting together. Jim very briefly squeezes Pam's hand when he thinks no one's watching. Karen sits in the farthest corner, hands folded in her lap, staring down.

MICHAEL: So, since someone [staring at Dwight; Dwight looking downcast] painted my office black while I was visiting New York, I thought this would be the perfect time for a team-building exercise.

PHYLLIS: How is repainting your office--

MICHAEL: [cutting her off] Because, Phyllis. I though since I have to repaint anyway, why not use this opportunity to create a whole new...scheme. A whole new decorum...scheme...for my office. And you, my loyal peons, shall be the designers, and the carpenters.

STANLEY: I am not redecorating your office.

MICHAEL: Yes, you are.

STANLEY: I am paid to sell paper. And I don't even like to do that if I can help it.

MICHAEL: Well, Stanley, you are paid to do what I say. And I say, it's time for While You Were Out--Scranton Style!

KEVIN: Whiel You Were Out?

MICHAEL: Yes, Kevin. It's like T rading Spaces, except...just for me. So! Ladies, you will be my design team. Uh, and you know what? Probably Oscar, too. Can design. [Oscar rolls eyes] And [looking around] Jim, you can be Andrew Dan Jumbo...uh...That's what she said. And, well, Dwight and Andy, you can be carpenters too, I guess. Just try to not suck so much.

DWIGHT: [jumps out of his chair] I swear, Michael, I will not let you down. I am an expert craftsman. I built my own crossbow.

ANDY: Well, that's great, Dwight. If Michael wants an ultra-nerd lair. I, however, have more practical carpentry experience. I have built an entire house by myself.

Camera cuts to Andy's Talking Head

ANDY: Yes, I have built a house. It was...7th...no, 8th grade. Woodshop. The birds in our backyard really seemed to enjoy it.

Cut to opening credits.

Chapter End Notes:
Alrighty, tell me what you think! I have Chapter 2 already written up, just need to do a quick edit and I can post it. And yes, it does have a fluffy Jam scene. So if you review, you'll get to read it really soooon! =D

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans